8.12 out!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rillipiru, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well i checked last release notes.
    8.11 was 2.30 am, 8.10 was 15.30 pm lol

2. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Is that your time or USA (California) time?:D

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    LOL i really have no clue

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    We just need to hold on a little longer guys :)

5. Err

Err Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    Never though I'd consider waiting for an almost insignificantly improved driver for my graphics chipset "edge of your seat action". If you had spoken to me about this ten years ago, I'd have probably asked you what a graphics chipset was and why it needed a driver to get where it was going.

6. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    if the 8.12`s don`t live upto expectations,then Nvidia owners are gonna have a field day.

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    We can only wait and see! I wonder if they are sat with their finger on the 'release button' reading forums like this saying '**** em make em wait a bit longer. It's not going to fix all the issues anyway' lol

8. dipanzan

dipanzan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 OC 1GB
    I think ATI/AMD servers r revving up their servers for the massive downloads of 8.12:)

I jst hope someone downloads it & uploads it somewhere fast cuz there is going to be a lot of downloads which cud slow the servers down

I m so excited:banana:

at the same time:bang:

:toke:

Best of luck to the servers for increased data flow:thumbup:

9. Err

Err Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    And I'll be pissed that I passed up the chance to get the equally priced 9800GTX+ instead of my HD 4850. Nvidia cards do much better in GTA IV with their specific driver.

Of course, not all is lost. At such a low price, I'm able to dominate any game that isn't GTA IV, and usually much better than any comparatively priced Nvidia card. However, the main reason I built this new PC wasn't those games; it was GTA IV. Imagine my disappointment when the game was released in an absolutely unplayable state, and that my machine, which had dominated any game before it, audibly cried when I ran GTA IV. Its only purpose for existing doesn't even work correctly, and when it does run, it isn't well.

Dog balls. That's really the only thing I can say. I'm not angry about it, really. Just really disappointed. Depressingly, loathsomely, rather downheartedly disappointed.

10. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Haha. A release button! Very clever. And I actually thought devs were involved to write a driver. :p

11. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Building a system around one game is truly silly and don't think nVdia is having a field day with GTA either. Many ppl are complaing with nVdia hardware.

12. Err

Err Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    Well of course I was building it with the other games in mind. It's not like GTA IV was my only concern. It was, however, high on my list of priorities, since it's my favorite game of this generation by far. I've played it a lot my my friend's consoles, and loved every second of it. I dreamed of the day when I could finally have the superior PC version.

But then Rockstar dashed all of my hopes and dreams in a release bundled with some of the shoddiest porting I've seen since of Devil May Cry 3 for the PC.

13. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    GTA 4 runs fine for me on my ati cards, even if I disable one of them and dont use xfire. So something else is wrong here?? Im not sure why everyone else is having bad performance, maybe you guys are trying to play the game with all settings at 100 which is too much for any card I think at the moment. Use realistic settings, im using something like this: textures high, rendering higher, view 40, detail view 40, cars 35, shadows 8. Game looks fantastic, and runs fantastic. No missing textures or nothing. Oh btw, resolution is 1680x1050x60hz.

14. Err

Err Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    Stop to compare processors.

GTA IV, being a console port, is heavily CPU-dependent. Consoles use their CPUs to do most of the work, and this being a very shoddy and un-optimized port, this still occurs in the PC version. Therefore, my measly E5200 overclocked to 3.0GHz is not nearly enough to cope, while your processor finds itself in a much better position.

No other game is nearly this processor-dependent. The bottleneck has always been the graphics card. Not with this game, though, and I didn't plan for that. As such, I'm getting terrible performance. I struggle to play the game at 1280*1024. The FPS doesn't improve when I use the absolute lowest settings possible, so I use the absolute highest, because why have a game that both looks ****ty and runs terribly? It'll run terribly for me either way, might as well have a pretty slideshow than an ugly one.

15. dipanzan

dipanzan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 OC 1GB
    that would have been nice

cuz I could v stopped this waiting+pissing my whole house with the click of button(release button):nerd:

:wanker::wanker::wanker:

16. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I had bad performance intially until i installed Cat 8.12 and disabled v-sync in Catalyst Control Centre.

BTW try and keep ur mem usage in display setting well into the green.

Running the game @ 1980 x 1200

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  17. dipanzan

dipanzan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 OC 1GB
    Is there any exact release time for the official 8.12 from AMD/ATI

18. Err

Err Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    I always disable vsync as soon as I load a driver.

It doesn't matter where I keep my resource usage, because the game runs the same with all options at minimum as it does when all options are maxed and the memory usage is something like 1500MB.

19. Bojcha

Bojcha Active Member

GPU:
    many
    that is not right ...
    if you maxed to "like 1500mb" fps may be same but .. you can see how textures loads late when you make fast turn-around in game.

20. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Look at my rig, near my avatar. High-end graphic system and GTAIV framerate is around 15-20 frames. This game sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.