[MediaFire] - ATI Catalyst 8.12 beta (8.561 RC3) XP/VISTA 32/64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by tranngocminh, Dec 4, 2008.

1. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    That is very odd. Every install I tried I only got 1 gpu to show up.

2. Zebatshu

Zebatshu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670
    Seems like a 4870X2 related problem, my crossfire works better than ever :banana:.

8.11 gave me the odd wavy bar problem, but its gone with these drivers. Must say COD5 runs sweet now.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  3. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    AVivo Convertor works, but it uses the CPU, not the GPu. Gpu not yet enabled? Or is 0% Gpu load normal while converting with this piece of software?

4. Deviad

Deviad Member

GPU:
    ASUS 48070x2
    The same here.

5. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I may try it out again tomorrow. My stuff will be in tonight to replace the psu and put in the second X2.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    GPU-Z shows a 56% GPU load during conversion and 34% CPU load. Appears that it's actually using both GPU and CPU....with the GPU doing only the actual conversion (least that's what my graphs show [load time vs conversion time] while converting a file)

7. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    how long does it take to convert a video compared to only cpu conversion?

8. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    This driver is great for my GTA4 performance. Looks good and runs sweat now on my crossfire setup. Much better IQ in GTA4 than with my 8800gtx. Definit keeper, great driver. Thx OP, thx AMD.

9. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    nice vantage scores, fc2 playing smoother! i wanted to see the better dead space( nothing from other side too. i dont understand, why they can't fix it!!!

10. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It appeared I needed a restart. Now it does work.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Crossfire working great in here , no issues to report :) also a boost in 3DMarks.

12. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
    I think with Cat 8.12 ConvertXtoDvd 3 run faster. :)

13. oMek

oMek Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 @ 1100/1600
    hmm to try these or wait for officals.

14. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    turn off vsync in game

15. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    fallout 3 runs way way smooth,farcry 2 much better ,better performance across the board

16. King4x4

King4x4 Guest

GPU:
    4xSapphire 290x@1200mhz
    Very smooth gaming here with these puppies... might make me dish out the dough for another card if this keeps up.

17. Ravynmagi

Ravynmagi Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 X2
    ATI Overdrive isn't working very well for me.

I've been using ATI Tray Tools and running my water cooled 4870X2 at 850MHz core and 950MHz memory. And in the past when I used ATI CCC I was able to use 800MHz core (slider maxes out at 800) and 950MHz memory without any problems.

I decided to disable my ATI Tray Tools and give the ATI CCC a try now that the 2D startup clock bug was fixed. However when I set the clocks in ATI CCC Overdrive to 800/950MHz and the computer reboots once the game starts.

I tried 800/900 and it rebooted again. I tried 775/850 and another reboot. Then 750/850, and that did work without a reboot, but I was getting really badly flickering textures.

I opened up GPU-Z just to see if the clock speeds I was setting in Overdrive jived with what GPU-Z was seeing and they did match.

So my other guess is maybe the 3D voltages aren't being applied when using ATI Overdrive, at least for me.

Not a big deal, I'll go back to ATI Tray Tools. Otherwise, haven't seen any problems with the drivers.

18. Err

Err Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    These drivers are pretty good. I don't experience any problems at all, aside from a single tree in Crysis Warhead that is artifacting for some reason.

Well, there is one thing that I've only experienced with ATI drivers. Going from my old Nvidia card, I've never seen anything like this before: Whenever I use both my CRT monitors at the same resolution and refresh rates, I still have a vertical refresh line going (very, very slowly) down one of the monitors. This usually only happens when you're using two CRTs in close proximity to eachother that are using two different refresh rates and two different resolutions. What happens is a slightly visible black line constantly appears on the screen, usually moving at a decent speed if the refresh rates differ enough. This one, however, is appearing when I'm using the same resolution and refresh rates. I know it's moving, but its speed is incredibly slow. It creeped all of one inch this entire day. It bothers me that there's just a random black line down my monitor, and it's really annoying when scrolling or reading a bright web page like this one.

Like I said, I've never, ever had this happen with my old Nvidia card, and it doesn't happen when I use the default Vista display drivers, so I attribute this issue directly to the ATI drivers. Is there any way to fix this?

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Says 2nd GPU is disabled because unsupported Driver for the Driver display.

i have Gigabyte 4870x2, do you have this problem too ? Vista 64Bit SP1

EDIT: I found another driver which fix this bug or add support.

EDIT 2 : THE SITE DOESN'T Bloody loading !! it takes hour just to load the page

http://news.ati-forum.de/index.php/de/news/48-spiele-und-software/145-catalyst-812-beta-download

its impossible to download this thing, if anyone can download and upload it to other place please do so ^^

EDIT 3: Finally it started downloading, pretty fast too lol the server is so busy, 670/kb +

EDIT 4 : Still doesn't work
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    for the second GPU.

EDIT 5 : Grrrr what is wrong with this thing, it just can run the second GPU, maybe because i have Multi Monitor ? i have both DVI LCD Monitors connected, and for my friend with one monitor it works perfect.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  20. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    Try it with one monitor to check. Worth a try.