The Left 4 Dead Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Nov 1, 2008.

1. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    yeah i understand. Its annoying when you first start out online and players act like cocks

E.g. today i was on VS we were right on top of building i was the one at the front the whole time killed most of enemy and revived teammates so many times and saved them from hunters and smoker then i go down via one hunter they just run to safehouse leave me like wheres the teamwork there LOL:3eyes:

i asked why leave me theres 3 of you i saved you all and they just replied LOL u suck penis

2. madmax987

madmax987 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD4870 512mb
    Could be worse I suppose, you could play it on Xbox Live!

3. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    OMG OMG Hellllll nooooo

I played Halo 3 on xbox live wtf those people bone that game 24/7 :wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker:

its worse than boning warcraft excuse my name masterchief but im no halo fan anymore unless recon is any good ;)

4. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB

The main problem with online play, while I have been gaming a long time (25+ years) and I think I am pretty good, I do not have the time or ability to just sit and play a game for 12+hours a day. So while I think I am good, if not damn good at L4D, I will never be able to match the people with even less of a life than me. I will never be able to memorize a map, or tempo of music that signifies some event. I play for fun, people online are way to serious. The main example is in that video about the guy not wanting to shoot the car, hell i do that for fun, as it is great fun.

5. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    The one good thing about PC gaming is either you have to be smart enough to build your PC to game or rich enough to buy an overpriced "Gaming Rig". This cuts down on the number of kids under 13 in PC Gaming compared to XBox360 Halo 3. I swear when my college roommates used to play Halo 3 I thought there was a 3rd grade class in my living room, sh*t is annoying as all get out.

6. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Is this a two player split screen game?

7. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    no, as far as I have seen/heard.

8. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    There is a hack/ unofficial support for split screen using a 360 controller. See the steam com for that

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  10. bruno_amaro05

bruno_amaro05 Member

GPU:
    R9-290X WindForce@1150
    im hooked, best game ever

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You don't need to play 12+ hours a day to learn the maps or music.. even just playing twice through the demo in about 2 1/2 hours I was able to predict fairly easily what the "director" was going to hit us with. The game doesn't even really require any skill.. with a fair bit of intelligent object placement even the finale's aren't too hard to complete on expert. It sure as hell is fun though.. I wish more co-op games would come out.

12. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Man ur always going to find *******s online.... It sucks... I had one the other day, this guy was always right, I was always wrong..he was verbally assaulting me whenever he could... It was totally whacked..... Anyways, I got my revenge, waiting for him to get to the plane for take off, he almost made it, when i riddled him with double shotty goodness flat to the ground with a tank on his ass.....

His sacrifice and his arrogance dually noted...

My point is, just try to ignore idiots like this and have fun man..where there mic, there is always going to be morons who like to start trouble.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  14. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    Sounds like you just need to find a group of people with similar interests to play with. I have a couple friends that I play with regularly and we take the game about as serious as a Jerry Springer episode. Good fun.. as long as I get a laugh out of the game, that's all I care about.

15. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Bought the game last weekend, its a very good game and all but is there anyway to get it running in offline mode playing a lan game ? offline works for single player but you cant play lan if you try its says that you need to be connected to steam or something like that.

and is it possible to install l4d on 2 computers using the same key on 2 defferent steam accounts without them having a problem with it and playing online like that ? or can i just use my steam account on both computers and play online ?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008

16. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870

Yeah learning the sounds is extremely easy, they are very distinctive.

Yeah, try and play with people from on here or friends, on the demo we had some really racist guy who kept insulting Obama and America, hoping we got diseased etc and wouldn't shutup, so we just had to leave the server.

BTW does anyone know of a way to report such idiots?

17. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
  18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes i think it will go like css, one big advantage is the steam community. it is very big. hooray for that :D

19. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
  20. Kenpomasta

Kenpomasta Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 570 SOC
    OMG can't wait for the Mall mod, dawn of the dead was the best zombie movie ever !