Possibly regretting move to Team Red

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by sdamaged99, Nov 14, 2008.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    ATI can do profiles....unless the user is too lazy to create a different profile for every game. Heck, I've got a profile that I use for WoW that overclocks my vid card and loads WoW....I just have to remember to switch back to my desktop profile when I'm done, which I have assigned shortcut keys for =D

2. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    same settings as u,but u have v-sync on in the game,what v-sync does is try to lock the frame rate to thr refreash rate of your monitor..

3. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    That's odd. You have a better machine than me and both games run very smooth here. If they are choppy for you than something in the background is making it choppy.

4. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090

WOOWOWOHHAA

This I did not know!!!
    Well spank you velly much.
    Can anyone give me a good online guide to this??!??!

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Use ATi Tray Tools from Ray Adams, much better profile support. You don't even need to create shortcuts to activate customs AA/AF/etc. settings, create the profile in ATT, after that whenever you start the game the created profile with custom settings will be applied automatically ;)

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    What's the point in running 2 gtx280s in sli? Hell, why we're at it, what's the point in even having 1 4870? Because, we can. It's there for us, isn't it?

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Seems most that have 2x HD4870X2's are complaining about performance....so, either the cards are being bottlenecked by the processors...or the games just aren't demanding enough....so, why bother after reading so many complaints?

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I really haven't seen any major complaints of 2 4870x2s in crossfire. One thread or board doesn't speak for everyone out there.

9. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    not that i want to diss you but its like you know at the end of the road theres no water but you still go.

if you buy things right away without beeing informed, you are prone to run into problems. i hope yiu get them solved tough.

10. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    Got my 4870 1Gb installed today replacing my old 8800GT.
    CCC is a little conveluted and hangs on the Video Playback settings but

Crysis Warhead 1920 x 1200 CCC lvl5 = Nice
    Red Orchestra no problem but then again, it's getting old.
    What I really like is that this things runs so well and if a game does have a problem, it doesn't pull the whole OS down with it like my 8800GT did.

Much more civilised. I can't wait to get better aquainted. Looking forward to GRID at full res as well. To be able to play Crysis Warhead/Wars at full res and with good graphics/smoothness, I didn't think I would get too.

Hang in there. Drivers are stable and just need some tweaking on the control panel.

11. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Another member of the rebel alliance!
    I've been here for about 3 weeks now, first chained and hosed down in freezing cold water (a formality to be rid of the Nxxxxa ways). But now a true convert and follower of the AMD/ATI way!!!
    WELCOME!

12. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Thanks darrenj.

This is my first AMD/ATI card although I have installed some for customers over the years. Interesting and very capable piece of hardware. Fits in with my not shelling out over AUD $500 for hardware and the performance is a great step up from 8800GT and stable too.

13. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Time to change your system specs then. :D

14. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    You're right.

I now have 4Gb DDR2 Ram

and the 4870. :)

Just did Warhead on CCC lvl6 @ 1920 x 1200 and not only does it look great but played great too.

Also tested GRID full settings @ 1920 x 1200 and smooth and the new Tomb Raider Demo same and same results.

This card is lovely :lol:

15. wh3resmycar

wh3resmycar Member

GPU:
    inno3d ichill 9600gt
    im sort of regretting my move to team red as well.

i replaced my ichill 9600gt with an hd4850 and boy my RAM usage skyrocketed especially with crysis wardhead. i mean the game is not slowing down at all (its super fast!)but it freezes most of the time when 75% of my RAM is being used.

specs:

xp pro 32bit
    q6600 @ 3.0ghz
    3gb RAM
    asus p5k-se
    hd4850
    vx450

sure the hd4850 is faster, (compard to the 9600gt they're worlds apart), but the issues are sort of hurting my taste.

im considering to have it replaced with a 1gb 9800gt. you guys know a work around this?

16. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    thats call "memory leakage" I think.
    I got that same problem with my older 8800GTS 512. I do not think its card related. People say warhead needs 4gigs of ram. I have not done any long testing with this card on warhead really.
    Addicted to FC2, but I am getting a 2 to 3 hour playing time on hi FPS :45 to 60. But then lags and crash! it could be driver related.

17. Buddatech

Buddatech Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780sc
    Wow!! COD5 and Fallout 3 with Just one of my 4870's 512mb runs like a dream! @1920x1200 res 60fps :)

18. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    I have neither of these games yet. Thoroughly enjoying DEAD Space and FC2 even have Hell's Highway on the self to install!!!
    So many games sooo little time...

19. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    i get above 100fps with my 4870 in tomb raider underworld... sli is far inferior to crossfire x projects when it comes to scaling, and to make u happy uninstall ur drivers clean it with driver clenear pro, install latest drivers only without catalyst, intall Ati Tray Tools by ray adamas (latest version with hd4870 support) and u have that and more that u found in nvidia control panel including game profiles althought u can have game profiles in ati catalyst too...
    hope it helped and hf

20. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    i dont know what u guys are doing to your cards but mine doesnt have any problem in any of those problems and ya i do have x8 aa... the game is just to smooth, infact all games are including crysis... my friend ran crysis with exact same hardware as mine at 50fps with 1920*1200 with all settings on high, i run tomb raider underworld without any problems, the only game that give me problems is farcry 2 with the AA bug but i didnt upgrade my drivers to latest version anyways so i cant complain.