Cod W@W

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Punisher-DoW-, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Just got through the first mission. No crashes and I'm liking this game one hell of a lot. I was a bit worried because it wasn't an Infinity Ward game but my fears were misplaced. To any fans of the COD franchise, this is a must-have. Finally, they introduce some proper gore and true violence.

2. BBN

BBN Master Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X 7950 3 Way Xfire
    cheats , if anyne needs them..

enable console from the options and when in game press` to bring it up and type god and giveall thats all i have discovered for now .

3. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    But even at low detail you can see it's a different MP40 and texture.

4. JustDuck

JustDuck Banned

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 8800GTS 320
    they could add more places.. apart that bored normandy , stalingrad and reichstag ..

what about playing with italianos getting raped in Afrika by blackies armed with spears? Or stupid frances defending their giant defence line but from inner side because nazis walk-arended it? You could also play russian soldier in Finland and die in cold paired with sniper bullets

5. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    OK, revision of my opinion. The game is very, very fun. However, it's consolitis is really, really pissing me off. The lack of a quick-save is incredibly annoying. Why these developers can't skip the BS checkpoint system for the PC version boggles my mind.

I'm playing the game at the next to hardest difficulty level and not being able to save when I want is driving me nuts. This is just another reason why I despise consoles.

There, rant over. Back to trying to escape the building without being fried.

6. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    i loved Cod 1, opposing forces or what ever it was called, COD2 and COD4 so will i like this ?

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

hell, even consoles don't need checkpoints. In orange box, all you had to do is press start button a little longer for a quick save. It can always be removed. It's not consoles' fault, it's dev's fault.

8. Cliff Couser

Cliff Couser Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7750
    single player was fun. too easy though. maps seemed short and accuracy for almost any full-automomatic machine gun was too good (too accurate even at great distances). overall, the game was still very fun. much better than FC2.

The one map with the lone, moving sniper was very cool. I wish they had more siper-focused maps.

graphics ran very well even on a 9600gt @ 1680 x 1050

going to give MP a try over the weekend after patching to 1.1

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Played this on my main rig @1920x1200, maxed, 4xAA with AF at full.....silky smooth. Not all sweet though, it seems the driver I have doesn't like water, the part where I was on a landing boat going to Peleliu(sp?) has badly rendered water......totally FUBAR'd actually (just a little after the first screenshot below). But so far, that was the only glitch I've seens so far. Here are some screenshots -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd even installed this on my 2nd rig - Q6600 @stock/4GB RAM/9600GT/32bit Vista HP SP1 - and I'm glad to report that it runs very smoothly with maxed out details as well @1360x768.

10. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    I would must rather they re-do 1942 than vietnam with better graphics :p I never really managed to get into bf vietnam.

That said... I'm probably going to buy COD5, just not yet, as I'm not sure how well it'll run on my laptop and I don't fancy paying 30 quid for a game I can't play for another month.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    am i to undersand theres no quick save? :3eyes:

12. harvik780

harvik780 Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTS 640M SLI,2x8600GT,8800GT
    The single players highly above average and the multi-player isn't that bad either.Played a session with my friends and i think they hid the multi tweaks in for this game with the engine they had.

13. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Nice shots mikeysg :)

Well I'll get what I can out of this and then might just sell it on. Although I'll give the multiplayer a go, I cant help think I'll just end up back on BF2 when in the mood for online fun.

We'll see. Either way I reckon I'll get a reasonable bit of mileage playing through the single player a couple of times.

14. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Personally i think the singleplayer campaign rocks, the graphics are sweet, and the gore is wicked, shooting enemies arms and legs of with a 30cal. is nasty =P

and the part where u throw the mortar shells is class, if u've seen saving private u'll know what i mean =D

15. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    I'm flat broke until Friday so I can't buy it and I want to kill someone!

16. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Good to know mate. Mine will be with me tomorrow. Together with buying Band Of Brothers on blu ray (which is absolutely sublime in high def) I'm set for a heavy World War 2 themed weekend.:)

17. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    thats borderline racism , why dont you just keep your opinions to yourself?

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    ok i finished the game, its very short imo, u can finish it in 4 hours on hard...

19. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I gave you more than enough warnings in advance.

You're now banned permanently, JustDuck.

20. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    Amen to that, cant stand that guy bashing evey game there is. >.>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.