Wireless Xbox360 Controller.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Jonny Manc, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    Hey gurus

I have the Xbox360 controller for Windows, but I would like to know if the standard Wireless 360 controller will work??

Cheers

2. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Yes the standard wireless 360 controller works fine with the wireless reciever.

3. baby_UTE

baby_UTE Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GT SLI
    you are talking about the plug and play kit right? are you aure about that? i cant fine any driver for it

4. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    You won't becuase it dosen't work.

5. mattrxcool

mattrxcool Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 @ 650/1400/2100
    The play and charge cable just sends power to charge the battery, no data, so it cant be used to connect the conroller to play with.

The wireless controller for windows is just a normal 360 wireless controller that comes bundled with the wireless receiver, once you have the receiver any 360 wireless accessory will work (up to 4 at once).

6. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    Yep doesn't work, wish it did... Are you able to buy the wireless adapter for the controller separately?

7. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    If you already have a wireless controller then yes you can purchase the reciever as a standalone item.

8. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    only wired ones work ..cause i was gona buy a wireless one and the guy at game station said its very hard if not impossible to get them to work

9. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
  10. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    big joke that salesman,i´m using one right now and it works awsome:puke2:

11. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    Thanks

12. mattrxcool

mattrxcool Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 @ 650/1400/2100
    Wireless working fine here (vista32) just had to download the driver for the wireless receiver from the microsoft site. Even the rumble works which is cool.

You just have to remember to pair the controller to the receiver using the sync button and again every time you use it back with the 360.

13. adam watts

adam watts Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    I don't believe that is correct. My plug and Play charger kit via USB works as a cable to play on my PC after I bought the wireless hub, which of course works as well. :nerd:

14. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Meh the salesman tricked me well looks like i will get a wireless one

15. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    Is this true? :)

If so, can I just take my Xbox 360 Controller and plug in the Plug and Charge cable to USB and it work...? :3eyes:

16. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    I want to know as well, which is it? I'd just try it for myself but don't have access to a controller atm.

17. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    The Play & Charge or whatever it's called will NOT allow you to use your Wireless xBox controller on your PC. The Wired xBox controller WILL work once you plug it in.

I don't know what's required to make your Wireless one work with your PC, all I know is the Play & Charge will not work.

18. w3d

w3d Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5870 1GB + 9800GT Physx
    I have a wireless 360 controller and receiver working on vista x64. Theres a couple of things that could work better though. e.g. force feedback doesn't work in nfs pro street, and the triggers don't work as buttons in assassins creed as they are configured as axis. There is some japanese hacked drivers that i used to config the triggers as buttons...force feedback also then worked with nfs pro street, but with these drivers crysis wouldn't recognise the controller lol.

So i'm back to the Microsoft drivers now. (I'm also using xpadder to set the 'start button' as 'esc' because there is no pause function in nfs on a gamepad.)

19. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    WIRELESS HUB people!!! He had to buy something else to make the charge & play controller work! So no your charge & play will not work without the WIRELESS HUB OR THE WIRELESS RECEIVER!!!