nvidia GeForce 7150M/ nForce630 help!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ResPecT1905, Oct 31, 2008.

1. ResPecT1905

ResPecT1905 Member

GPU:
    nvidia/geforce/
    i have nvidia GeForce 7150M/ nForce630 video card. but i can not find right driver. how i find it?? please help me.. thanks

2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
  3. ResPecT1905

ResPecT1905 Member

GPU:
    nvidia/geforce/
    it doesn't work!!! not find my card!!

4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I'm not exactly sure what you're doing wrong, since the modded inf includes your graphic card:

NVIDIA_C67.DEV_0531.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M"

Could you please describe the installation process and what kind of error message you get?

5. ResPecT1905

ResPecT1905 Member

GPU:
    nvidia/geforce/
    first sorry my english not good.
    i dowland nVIDIA ForceWare X 176.37 for Windows Vista 32bit and moded it.
    setup my pc. but this not lastest driver.
    now i search lastest driver and i want mod it.

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    You shouldn't really have any problem with this:

Download both the driver (180.42) and the modded inf for your OS version (Vista, 32-Bit) from here: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21309

Now do the following:
    1. Uninstall your current driver.
    2. Restart and boot into safe mode (F8).
    3. Run Driver Sweeper and maybe even CCleaner.
    4. Restart and boot to the regular desktop.
    5. Decompress the downloaded driver and copy the modded inf into that folder.
    6. Run the setup.exe you can find in that folder.
    7. Restart.

7. ResPecT1905

ResPecT1905 Member

GPU:
    nvidia/geforce/
    sorry i dont understand step 3. Run Driver Sweeper and maybe even CCleaner.

8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Driver Sweeper

It clears out all files left over from drivers which can cause problems when you install new versions.

9. Shaythong

Shaythong Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA / 7150M / 128mb
    I recommend 178.24 if you want a stable driver. I'm trying out 180.43 with DOX's modified driver at Laptopvideo2go.com and it seems to work really well. Only bug I've found yet is when you set the digital vibrance the image sharpening goes up high. Also 180.42 is very good as well.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  10. ResPecT1905

ResPecT1905 Member

GPU:
    nvidia/geforce/
    shaython i can not install Laptopvideo2go.com driver my windows vista find automatic driver. or i can not mod driver for example i install 180.42 but it do not work . it stop while during install.
    which driver i install for good performance?
    thanks for help...

11. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Did you run Driver Sweeper in safemode after uninstalling your old driver? This should clear out the drivers that Vista will auto-install, so it should revert to standard vga drivers instead.

Also, for the 180.42 drivers did you make sure to replace the inf file with this one?

12. ResPecT1905

ResPecT1905 Member

GPU:
    nvidia/geforce/
    i did all of them. run ccleaner. my computer find driver vga and i restart my pc. and copy inf files into 180.42 folder. and install 180.42,when setup half-full, is stop and say setup not complete. i restart pc and grapich driver 7150M/630M but very bad example i not play any game.
    i think 180.42 folders is wrong??

13. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  14. ResPecT1905

ResPecT1905 Member

GPU:
    nvidia/geforce/
    i installed 179.13 it is working. thanks for help.

15. Shaythong

Shaythong Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA / 7150M / 128mb
    Glad you got everything working. Over here 180.42 works fine. Are you planning to play games or just use your laptop for normal things?

I think I know why the setup doesn't work. Have you used the "have-disk" method to install?

16. ResPecT1905

ResPecT1905 Member

GPU:
    nvidia/geforce/
    yes my pc is working normaly. i will try this . i hope have disk method working.

17. ResPecT1905

ResPecT1905 Member

GPU:
    nvidia/geforce/
    [​IMG][​IMG]

i installed 180.42 and said that. and vista rated 3d gaming graphich performans 2.5 deskopt performans 3.3. is still same 179.13. is it normaly?
    example i dont play fifa 09 good performans.

18. Shaythong

Shaythong Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA / 7150M / 128mb
    The scores are probably the same because the drivers didn't install "The operation returned because the timeout period expired.".

I don't understand. Do you play FIFA 09? Does it run at good speed?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  19. ResPecT1905

ResPecT1905 Member

GPU:
    nvidia/geforce/
    not good. grapich is bad and slow. i use ccleaner . i think ccleaner can not delete old version my grapich card. i insstall driver sweeper.i will try again. do you play fifa 09 good or another games? is nvidia 7150m graphich card good for games?

20. Shaythong

Shaythong Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA / 7150M / 128mb
    No the 7150M is not good for the newer games (Far Cry 2, Crysis, etc.). But games like Half-Life 2 based will work, GunZ, Combat Arms, Halo: Combat Evolved, GTA: SA, and so on will work just fine. I do not play FIFA 09. But it should work just as fine.

I downgraded to XP Pro SP3 because Vista at the moment makes the 7150M card slow. Gaming on Windows XP is definately faster, for me. The 7150M does not have DirectX 10 support as far as I know.

If I can make my reply long (if not, moderators, let me know), then here are some steps to try - and I hope you understand my English.

1. Turn off NVIDIA PowerMizer. You can turn off NVIDIA's usage of PowerMizer on Vista. The 7150M GPU clock downclocks itself most of the time because of PowerMizer.
    HLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video/{unique id}/0000
    1. PerfLevelSrc from 3333 to 2222 (set to 3322 if you want to turn PowerMizer off for plugged in, and on for when on batteries)
    2. PowerMizerDefault from 3 to 1
    3. PowerMizerEnable from 1 to 0
    4. PowerMizerLevel from 3 to 1
    5. PowerMizerAC to 1
    6. PowerSaverHsyncOn to 0

Also change the Vista battery profile to "High Performance" in the Power icon in the tray area.

2. Install Vista SP1 if you didn't. For some it makes Vista faster, and for some it doesn't. Make sure you get the correct version for your Vista (32bit or 64bit).

3. You have CCleaner right? Make sure you use the registry cleaner and the cleaner.

4. Install Vista update KB955302. Might not be much of a improvement but my WEI only went up by 0.1 more. :D

5. Increase dedicated video memory for the 7150M in your BIOS from 64MB to 128MB (max). I'm not sure if your computer is already set to 128MB though.

6. Run the DirectX End-user runtime for at least Two times (to ensure that you have all DX updates).

7. Run Windows OneCare online safety scanner. I heard for some this improves some performance, but it might depend on if your system is "dirty" or not.

8. Maybe your third-party antivirus and firewall security tools are using up too much resources. But it depends on what antivirus and firewall tools you are using.

9. Change your NVIDIA driver. I'm not sure why it's not installing for you. If 180.42 doesn't install then you could try 177.92 (I recommend XG Modded 177.92). If that doesn't work then keep your current one.

10. Install more RAM (32bit Vista is max at 4GB, 64bit can fit a little more). I heard that only some Vista 64bit editions are limited to the amount of RAM that is allowed. If you think your current amount of RAM is enough then keep it. (e.g. Home Basic = 8GB, Ultimate = 128GB)

11. Update your nForce drivers (630M). I recommend these "Performance SATA-RAID" nForce driver pack.
    32bit Vista: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?efgnwlzmkkd
    64bit Vista: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yzt0dhxd2bo

12. As a last resort and if you want to play games with good performance you can go to XP.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008