Why does everyone hate Far Cry 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by NN1T1NN, Oct 28, 2008.

1. yaleblor

yaleblor Guest

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb
    honestly the game could be great , but it has no soul. there is no choice between being good or evil , the player is just is a machine . who are the people i'm told to kill , who are the rebels,? there is no reason ,no choice ,just kill

2. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    i would if people took the time to read my points

I dont know for the life of me how you guys/gals are actually enjoying this game>?!? i just cannot understand, sorry cannot comply ill stop going on about how shi|te the game is cos it just makes me more angry considering how hyped up i was for this game first 5 minutes i knew already it was a let down just didnt like the look, the feel or the sound of the game :(

its like the ultimate climax wait for game, receive game, install happily play and boom anti climaxxxxxx

3. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB

Thats the exact combo I use as well :p

The UZI is very accurate and powerful, but the bullets run out too fast lol. The flamethrower is good for burning the grass around outposts, its great how the fire spreads like wildflower lol

ps. The Camo Suit doesnt really do much. It only works if the enemy have not spotted you yet. If they have already spotted you, and you run off behind a large rock into a bush out of sight, they find you instantly! This should be changed.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  4. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    Was a let down. Thank god I didn't buy it.

5. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    I don't hate it. The only thing that annoys me is traveling half way across the map to reach my objective.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    If you are all worried about the activation limit then just download a No-CD crack this sorted it out for me. And Now I never have to activate it, hell I didn't even have to put in my CD-key.

7. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    its ok....just feels...forgettable.

8. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    The same thing with Crysis!

People are just haters!

I'm playing Crysis for first time and loving it!

After waiting for the hardware and the patches...WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Funny thing is, this game still looks best!!!

9. iHigh

iHigh Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5970
    hi guys, i registered to the forum just so i can tell you how much i hate this piece of **** .. that's all.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hi, u r more welcome than ever.

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yep, come back any time :D

12. iHigh

iHigh Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5970
    ye thx guys, i just googled to find any hate group for this abomination and bumped into this place.

13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    welcome to the club :)

Daily far Cry 2 is shi|te post, man i hate it :puke2::puke2::puke2::puke2:

14. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I hate to say it but after playing for a few more hours last night I am starting to agree with masterchiefx2 about a few things in the game (by the way masterchiefx2, although I disagree with alot of your points you did a great job of explaining your opinioins and giving examples of each. Thank you for taking the time to do that instead of just saying "it sucks")! The first one is the textures, they are quite poor for the most part. They are decent but not as good as I was expecting with this game. Next are the nights, I do enjoy the nights when playing but graphically speaking its not that great. I can't beleive I'm going to say this but to be honest the nights in the first Farcry looked better. Last but not least is the water (and I don't think you mentioned this), granted the rivers in Africa are going to be muddy but it just looks brown in the game and there is very little detail to make the water look read. This is especially true when it comes to waterfalls, they look very poor and it was dissapointing?

On the other hand I'm loving the gameplay aspects, for example going into a new area (I can't remember what its called, maybe Shwasana, but there were many shacks and you had to destroy a groups supplies and radio trasmitters, its the first main mission I've had so far once I got done with the tutorial mode). I loved sneaking around trying not to be seen, then once they find you it was a blast running around, hiding, and killing everyone one at a time! The directional sounds in the game are great, so when your hiding you can here people walking around and its possible to know where they are without seeing them! I like that aspect so far.

Depsite all that I totally agree wiht Morbias as well,

I couldn't have said it better myself, if there was one thing I could change to make the game better that would be the first (some way to do silent kills or stealth kills)!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  15. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Hey man yeah thanks for reading my summary of the game im not trying to be biased in my options just so you all know but Roger kinda hit the nail on the head what the game lacks is depth and some atmosphere the night times in the game arn't brilliant tbh maybe some lighting mods would fix this?

16. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Its been a long time since I've played through the original Farcry but I don't remember there being many major mods for it (am I wrong about this guys)? I ask because I'm curious just how modifiable this game engine is, do you think there will be decent mods in the future for this game? My understanding is that some game engines are easier to mod than others, and of course some games offer software to help the gaming community make additional content (like the Map Editor included with this game). I messed around with it for a few minutes and was blown away by how powerful it was, if I only I knew somethign about how to use it, lol!

17. specvtuner

specvtuner Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5850
    I had a chance to play it a lot last night. I'll admit I was getting irritated by all the random spawning around my position. Its also irritating how most of the time its harder to get TO a mission than to actually complete one, since you have ALL of africa shooting at you when you are trying to get to a mission area.

I'll also admit the game is VERY addicting. I had to play it this morning before work. I just bought the dart rifle before I had to leave and I'm really looking forward to using it. Right now I'm trying to unlock as many guns as possible so I don't have to worry about that later, when I get into the 'meat' of the game.

18. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    The Dart rifle is great, but you only get like 8 darts :(

I need to mod the game so it gives you more ammo.

Also, we should be able to carry one more weapon like in Far Cry 1.

19. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i read your points and i agree with all of them, rather i just enjoyed the game for what it is, a hitman who hunts his targets and deals with his environments in a high tension war torn area.

not sure why you dont like the sound of the game, i turned music off but thought the environment was pretty engrossing, all the sounds of insects, monkeys or whatever and distant chatter among NPC's. the look and feel is more down to preferences. hopefully some future Mods will make it suit more peoples tastes.

but i think being hyped for any game is never a good thing, i'm glad i missed most of the hype actually as i'd likely felt let down as well. just like i did with Doom3, Crysis and Oblivion...though the mods of Oblivion did a 360 for me and i love the game now as long as i have certain mods.

20. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    ill keep the game and hope a massive mod come sout