GeForce 180.43 Beta released!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BarryB, Oct 24, 2008.

1. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Am I the only one whose temp rose 4C with .42s ? (havent tried .43 yet). Low level fan works fine for me using rivatuner so I am using the same fan speed...

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Better luck next time.

180.43 disabled the fan control on the control panel (6.02 Nividia control) on an 8800 Ultra. I'm running it at a moderate overclock of 650(612) 1150(1080) and 1600 (1503) on air. Since I'm running it in a mATX box with an extra fan I like to keep the vid card fan running at 100% during games. Running Crysis on a Sony Bravia 40" full HD @ 1360x768 with 8Q FSAA with everything on very high spec except blur I average nearly 35 FPS and the temp peaks at 85C and it looks awesome. I went back to the 178.24. I didn't see any difference in the Benchmarks running SiSoft 2009. :3eyes:

3. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    The 180.43 make the IQ of the ground in CoD4 look like they are on low.

4. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Upgrade to System Tools 6.03 and you'll get the fan control back.

5. mumakil

mumakil Member

GPU:
    evga GeForce 9800 GTX
    Or, alternatively, download EVGA Precision 1.3.3, driver-level fan control is back in action with this updated tool (check other threads on this forum for further details).

Cheers!

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I strongly recommend those who have something wrong with understanding of low-level controls in RT to migrate to newbie oriented version of RT (EVGA Precision).

7. DrWho

DrWho New Member

GPU:
    AMD 7850
    choppy video playback

Hi

I have downloaded and installed these drivers and game performance in farcry is great. I do have a problem when I activate my s-video output and clone the display on my monitor and tv. For some reason when watching videos the playback is choppy. Went back to 178.13 and all is fine again. Anyone know what would cause this or if there is a setting I need to change in the 180.43 drivers? Thanks

8. edge_head

edge_head New Member

GPU:
    8800 GT
    I have DL 180.43, 180.42 and a 178.xxx and Far cry2 no longer works for me. I had a 16x.xxx driver number and the game worked fine but each time i loaded the game it told me my Video card driver was out of date so i thought ok i'll update it.

Ever since then each time i go to play as soon as it goes past the splash screen it will go in a loop of flashing the screen from my desktop to a black screen. I can not run task manager to close FC2 or click on any thing the only thing i can do to stop it is restart my computer.

Any ideas? :bang:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  9. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Right click the game EXE, click the combatability tab and check "Disable Desktop composition" if you are on Vista.

10. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    Here is using 180.43 Beta Forceware + Nvidia System Tools 6.03 + EVGA 1.3.3(dated:10/27/08; new release)

[​IMG][​IMG]

How to do this step by step:

1) reset all Clocks back to Defaults with your current OC'er
    software. ( do not use new one or other one; may experience goofy problems )

2) after resetting use EVGA 1.3.3 to set fan only.
    3) then use Nvidia System Tools to OC.

In this manner all will be fine.

END

For my "cheap" card the driver level fan control is not the same as the not so cheap cards. The diference being how each Manufacturer implements these controls. For instance some cards have had no problems with the change in drivers where as others have. Cost cutting by manufacturers. So, as a fellow states these other cards with "no" backup fan control implementation have to resort to another way. Thus some of you experienced "fan control loss" with RivaTuner and EVGA and Nvidia System Tools --whichever version.

I use the EVGA 1.3.3 to control the fan only and Nvidia System Tools to Overclock. This way I get the Tune ability from Nvidia. Which is also what RivaTuner does but since I have no documentation, I suppose that it may do so automatcially unless you have a cheap card in which case you have to do it manually.

Nevertheless, the card and system are stable; "no heat ups, no artifacts in game(s) Crisys and Crysis Warhead. No funny business so far and the game runs much smoother with this driver than all the previous ones. I hope they improve with the next batch and increase speed and smoothness.

Peace

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I understand em, you explained perfectly, it's just that sumthing is broken with 9600gt, at least mine, which works in 2.09 and doesnt in 2.11, and he has 9600 gts and has the same problem, thats why i suggested that :X

And its not about the 60ºC auto fan-control bcs both are at 48ºC on desktop xP

12. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    OK right now in Crysis i have some weird random flashing foliage....And its pretty annoying!

Back to the 178.24WHQL......

Its quite sad cuz i had a nice in-game boost with the 180.43. But as long as the only official improvement is in FarCry2 (Which is a crappy console port) then i don't care.

13. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5

Strange because I was getting all the funny business with the older drivers. if you turn down the effects to low you get all kinds of funny business no matter what driver you use because
    the application in which you are now playing requires these new fancy features. to get rid of articfacts of these sorts set your shaders manually to "2" in the autoexec.cfg or in the actual game config ie.,. baur, hard, medium, easy files under "Config" this way you can play with each setting accordingly to see how much attention was given to each "spec". the lower the spec the more aritifacts because the game was designed to play in "High Spec" mode. this is entirely based on my observation on my pc.
    it will differ accordingly to yours.

for instance I set all the shaders to "1" in config file, I got lines, strange anamolies and weird stuff going across the screen even skips and whatever, so I tried different drivers at the same spec of "1" and each time, either, some went away or changed in intervals or increased in problem to a new issue.

Then I switched to "2" to see if these would remain. Wella all gone. Then I OC'd and then I switched to newer drivers and wella, smoother, faster. Next to switch to "3" this will get slower but, the graphics and details will increase aleviating the noticeable lag and other crap but in the areas where there are tons of graphic effects it will slow to a crawl because, Cheap Card and Slow CPU.

14. -=GQ=-

-=GQ=- Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260 @ 722/1485/1220
    Anybody else running Vista x64 have all scaling options greyed out? I have no issues with 178.24, but in this and 180.42, all grey :(

15. edge_head

edge_head New Member

GPU:
    8800 GT

I did this and it still does the same thing. Is there any way to put the old 168.xxx driver back on? The game ran fine with that driver.

I am on vista 32bit, do i need to DL the widescreen fix? or the EVGA?

16. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Just got my first driver stopped responding and successfully recovered error in a LONG time with these drivers and Fallout 3!

Dang!

17. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    I had one too and decided to lower my core clock... It's so HOT over here anyways :bang:

18. edge_head

edge_head New Member

GPU:
    8800 GT
    So should i contact Ubi soft? i still get the flashing black screen after the splash screen. FC2 used to run fine untill i did the 180.42/43 update.

My PC on me -----> :puke2:

Edit: i went back and put the old driver on and its still doing the same thing. Flashing black screen after splash screen. I really dont want to uninstall the game and reinstal it because i will lose my progress through the single player. :bang:

19. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Back up your save games, in Vista they are located in C:\Users\<acct name>\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2
    Back up the Saved Games folder.

20. edge_head

edge_head New Member

GPU:
    8800 GT
    Un-installed and re-installed. went back to the Driver that let me run the game 169.25 and its still doing the same thing.

Splash screen then a flashing black window that fills the screen.:fang: