The Guru3D Far Cry 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Irish Pilot, Oct 22, 2008.

1. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    How do you change the View when in a Vehicle?????

"V" doesnt work :( Tried all other keys, nothing works!

2. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    ahh damnit! installed 180.42 and now the map editor crashes. any fix for this? anyways my ingame performance went up. SLi seems to be kicking in a little bit.

the game is locked in first person mode. i personally like it, its more realistic.

3. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I agree, just wish they would fix the FOV/chopped widescreen.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    in console "forcewidescreen 1"

will it work? i am on office so i cant try..

but it wroks when y edit config file of the game.

5. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Guys I need HELP, game won't start after installing a windows update on security

I have the game installed from steam and whatever I do all I get is the far cry image then the window pops on for a second disapears

Nothing in the task manager, looked up steam forum but never seen this before (my other steam games are fine)

EDIT: though myself how to backup, uninstalled and reinstalling, same problem
    have to go to work now , solutions would still be appreciated

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690

smells like DRM issue, perhaps the update made the game think you installed 3 times or something?

personally i have never used Windows Update nor will ever use it, i simply got XP and used it until SP1 was released, applied SP1 and went on till SP2 (no updates till then for nearly a couple of years), then i switched to SP3 (again no updates afterwards) and now enjoying WinXP 64bits without updates.

i have never ever had any problem be it games, software or security, 100% stability (except FarCry2 which BSOD when opening med cabinets, it was sound driver issue, updated to latest and fixed).

but what i can really tell you is that FarCry2 is far from being an optimized game, i mean it is performance wise but it's kinda of a buggy game (no wonder it's Ubisoft).

disable your antivirus and firewalls, try disconnecting from the Net too see what happens (disable the Local Area Connection), if the game works then it is a game internet issue as the game usually checks for open ports on launch (usually range 9000 - 10000).

Advice of the day: next time you format, if you install Vista or any other OS, simply apply the latest service pack and do not download ANY windows update, disable it in windows even. it's nothing but trouble. many will agree/disagree blah blah you know the drill. ;)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    i tryed, my screen was doing weird :p

Spoiler:

oh yea just for the record, if u are near the end of the story, ur screen is going to shake, its not a bug... just a earthquake :D i also thought wtf is this, bugged etc :p it's not xD oh yea and u cant skip the credits after completed the game :S

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
  8. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Next time, please give us a warning, before revealing parts of the story, etc., signex.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop

Hmm, well, @ least we tried :nerd:

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    It helps a bit, but it's not working 100%/fixed. :(
    (I'm getting graphical errors using it.)

11. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Yes it does! :)

Before, the screen was very narrow, everything looked too tall and squashed.

Changing forcewidescreen fixed the FOV and made everything look "normal". However you do get small borders at the top and bottom, but at least its much better than a narrow screen giving you a headache :p

Ive been playing it for a few hours now, the open ended environment is great. It has a simulation feel to it, instead of a messy dumb minded scripted shoot'em'up (Doom3 for example). Its very realistic and just seems believable. You have path choices, get to choose your missions, tackle enemies the way you want.. Congrats to Ubi, this game is Gold imo :thumbsup:

That is all.

12. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB

After applying the widescreen setting, its not too bad now. But the windscreen gets in the way. Its hard enuf trying to drive on the road with shrubs and trees blocking every corner lol

A Bumper-Cam would be nice :p

13. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I was under the impression that the console setting didn't work. Maybe it sets it for 16:9 and not 16:10?

14. t1nsoldier

t1nsoldier Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX580 sli
    The mouse lag is the only thing that is spoiling this game for me.
    Controls just feel way off.
    In fact I'm not playing it again until a patch is released as it irritates me that much.
    Damn shame.

15. Adial

Adial Member Guru

GPU:
    AsusENGT 240
    nice game. but one MAJOR issue i have with it is sniping :( [just like in FC1].
    ur hiding in bushes in the middle of the night 200 metters away from a camp, u aim..u shoot..u kill...and than in some magical way all the NPC's pin point ur location within miliseconds with the accuracy of a GPS...thats not realistic at all

it spoils sniping,something that i personally love
    not to mention that i have tried numerous times approaching a camp silently,getting behind a guard and 1 shoting him with my knife..and that triggers an "alarm" ,once more calling NPC's to my location[havent tried with a silent pistol tho]

i m gonna buy the cameo suit next[42 diamonds atm and it costs 45] and hope it fixes that[though i highly doubt it]

16. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Please tell us if it's working with the suit. :D

17. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Yeah I thought about testing it out too (do a save game). Still can't figure out what the 10 diamond repair upgrade does for vehicles?

18. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I don't like the game and I don't think the game gets better if you play more (I'm at about 80%), since mostly because you do the same mission over and over again. The AI is very poor and the fact that the game doesn't use almost any memory at all to keep track of what you have been doing makes sure that roadblocks and villages are instantaneously re-populated by the AI. A sort of alzheimer's disease... haven't seen this for quite some time in gaming.

Once I've beaten the game I'll never touch it again. I certainly like most of everything when it comes to the audio-visual department but there really is nothing interesting to do.

Far Cry 2 is a huge letdown. But I had my expectations rather low based on the fact that it comes to the console and that the AI was no good in videos.

19. St. bluedrop

St. bluedrop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII@950MHz
    I agree. This game just wasn't fun. I mean your going up and down all the time.
    Crysis let's you cloack, or run fast, or pick the enemies up and stuff like that. This is just big fat let down.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i just wonder how many people play this on the hardest difficulty setting ?