Forceware 180.42 is released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by rachradio, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bitzibitz

bitzibitz New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    I can't install on my system! I have a Sparkle 8600GT, Vista 32-bit. I extract the installer, then run setup.exe (in administrator mode) and before it starts installing I get the following error: "The Nvidia Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Please help! What is wrong? I downloaded the drivers from here:http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-Forceware-180.42-Vista-32-bit-download-2105.html. Previously I used 178.15.

2. gregor1230

gregor1230 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    Hello. Somebody says "great job nvidia" but I say the worst ever job of nvidia. First of all they can`t repair some artefact while playing in dx 10 (crysis, crysis wearhead, unigine benchmark -tropics). I`ll post some screenshots to prove it. Sometimes my GTX 260 won`t jump on 3d mode and while I am playing 3D gamest I have clocks of 2D mode :(. There are a lot issues but this one is the best!!! Playing FarCry2 on dx 10 all details max after several minutes we have pretty desktop with information "driver stops responding". Fuc... wonderfull driver.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    So where the hell is this BIGBANG II ?? It`s a shame to be so blind - guys from Nvidia :(. They should buy them new sun glaces :p, mayby they will see something better on screen ;).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  3. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    Works great here on Vista x64 too. However I've never got that error ever.

You probably need a modified inf. Please fill in your specs.

What do you mean we? I think you mean you. :) Works fantastically for a lot of us. What artifacts are you talking about? Also, don't forget that minimizing the game might actually make it change back to 2D speed. Is that logged?

EDIT: Ok. I posted before you posted the other screenshots. I agree that looks bad. Do you see that in any games? As always drivers perform differently on different systems.

4. gregor1230

gregor1230 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    I have vista 32 bit but it`s not problem of my system. Driver should be reprogramated. It`s time for sideband from purepc ;) maybe he will help Nvidia with problems :p. It`s not funny , because NV has really big problem with dx 10.
    "don't forget that minimizing the game might actually make it change back to 2D speed. " and don`t forget that backing in the game should be 3D clocks ;) but it`s 2D speed ( i see difference in fps). Just check applications/games like on screenshots and you`ll see the same "artefacts". On Ati cards its really better in DX10!!

5. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    A couple of these faults, such as the driver not responding, and the artifacting, usually point to overheating, etc. I would check the temps and/or fan settings on your card.

6. bitzibitz

bitzibitz New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    Thanks for the reply blunden. I' ll post my specs shortly. Hope somebody can supply me a modified inf. if that's the case.

7. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    Far Cry 2 working fine...

8. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    Nice comments in your screen shots. Did you forget what the word BETA means? No need to get aggressive! If you can't stand things like this, don't try cutting edge beta sh1t.

Bye bye ;)

9. gregor1230

gregor1230 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    The same situation is on 178.24 WHQL drivers on gf 8800gt, gtx 260 and others gpus ;). I am hardware editor on nvisin.pl so I have a lot of hardware to test. This bugs are on any motherboards, any drivers. This isn`t problem of temperture of gpu. It`s just wrong programmed shaders. Somebody had to tell the true ;). We should keep looking for bugs because NV just won`t see them.

10. jumjumski

jumjumski Member Guru

GPU:
    mobility 4570
    buggy ones...same problem here with the 2d/3d clocks,my card stuck at 400/500,using RT 2.11,evga prec not helping,the bigger problem is that i uninstalled the driver,(cleaned using driver sweeper in safe mode),just installed 178.13 whql and still cant get the normal clocks of the card... :bang: using vista ultimate x64

11. kevintc

kevintc Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 9600gt SLI 740/2100
    Anyone know why its only installing fraps on my pc?

12. TDZGamer

TDZGamer Member

GPU:
    GTX780 DCII OC/3GB
    How anyone can be disappointed and begin ranting at beta software is beyond me. Easy for me to say of course since everything seems to work fine and vantage shows slight improvements. Lost Planet working fine and playing Dead Space with everything maxed out :)

13. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Welcome to Guru3D, kevintc.

If you would have read any of the previous pages of this thread, you would know that this is a bug these drivers, or better the installer of it, have. After you downloaded the driver, you have to decompress it with a tool like 7-Zip and then run the setup.exe that you can find within that folder.

14. kevintc

kevintc Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 9600gt SLI 740/2100
    I looked thru the threads I found other people with the same problem but no fix.

Thank you

15. Nictron

Nictron Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 3070 Dual OC
    I reverted back to 178.24 but I still get the Driver stops responding error in Far Cry, but Far Cry only!

16. nuke888

nuke888 Guest

mmm did they release it ?

17. spook24

spook24 New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT - 512MB
    I installed the .42 and .43 and both seem not not to let me adjust my fan on my XFX 8800GT. I need it to be set a lil higher than 30%(I usually set it to 70%) so im going back to the official nvidia released this month.

*edit*
    and i noticed a 10-15 drop in the frames.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  18. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I went back to 177.92. I tried 180.42 and I experienced a crash for the first time in ages with 180.42 plus lagging frame rates. Maybe I'll just update PhysX or try installing 180.42 without booting Safe Mode.

I just remembered my audio popped a couple times and did not seem to run as well as usual. It could of been an issue with my hardware combo or one of those screwy install jobs where you install a second time and all works well.

19. tux

tux Active Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GT OC SLI
    Someone said multi display sli wasnt working in these drivers yet...its working for me. All i did was disable sli, plug in my second monitor to my primary video card and enabled sli. It worked for me.

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    That's the only way it's working right now. Running both monitors from the top card. You can't for example run one monitor from each card with SLI enabled, nor do those drivers support multiple monitors. They "only" support two. "Multi-display" actually means more than two...so, I'm wondering if the WHQL version of this driver is going to offer true "multi-display" support, or "just" cut down "dual-display" support...

Btw: I'm already happy with the current dual-display SLI support, though. ;)