The Guru3D Far Cry 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Irish Pilot, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i think no. people cares about too much with visuals.

2. usher

usher Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280 superclocked
    seems a mixed reception as usual, remember BF2 when it first came out & half the keys wouldn't work or reasign ? it was soon fixed in a patch.
    those with fast cards but getting stutters/ hesitations etc. you do realise that most of the game runs by streaming off the hardrive & not your memory ? clear a load of junk off your drive & defrag. This is where a fast seek drive is better than 4 gig memory

3. ozzie

ozzie Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 770GTX
    You rock dude.
    Thanks so much.
    That problem bugged me all day to an extend where my girl had to pull me away from the computer. AMAZING UBISOFT haven't noticed that problem!!!!

Again thanks dude.

1680x1050 with everything at high no AA = 64,64 fps. with 177.83 (need to get new drivers ;) )

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    In DirectX 10 HDR is enabled by default and you just can't disable it, hence it's grayed out. So it's enabled for sure when playing in DirectX 10. No worries. ;)

5. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Nvidia can do some of 10.1 with 10.0 but it since it doesn't have the hardware for it, some of the affects takes multiple passes where ATI can do it in one. That was the speed advantage sometimes seen. In either case, I believe it is driver/software related with the speed difference (when comparing ATI/Nvidia DX9/10). With driver updates both should run better.

6. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Are you seeing any texture coloration issues? Every once in a while a new area will load off in the distance with Red/Blue/Green tint.

7. Dashes

Dashes Member

GPU:
    4850 700/2200
    I found the solution for stuttering(DX10):
    Open console and write: gfx_maxfps 25 (or 30)
    It will run smoothly!

8. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Is that a joke, that would seem to make the game only run 25 FPS all the time....

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    LOL

*spits coffee on keyboard*

10. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Gotta say, this game ROCKS!!! Different feel to Crysis and very original sorta vibe to the game... It's like Bioshock meets call of duty 4 with some Crysis elements thrown in...

Game runs so smooth it's brilliant:arnie::bigsmile::rock:

11. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Just got this game... everything was looking good until I tried to move the mouse! Probably the worst mouse controls I've ever used. Way off track. Will have to try and fix this otherwise it will be unplayable (to me) - and yes I've played with the sensitivity setting. :/

12. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    not at all, and it does not have the stuttering people are talking about using DX10 . The game run super smooth

13. Phat

Phat New Member

GPU:
    2 x 4870X2 Quad Crossfire
  14. Dashes

Dashes Member

GPU:
    4850 700/2200
    And? 25-30fps is smooth. It makes the game run smooth, no stuttering. Just give a try.

15. Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD5850
    Yeah Im on just the new ATI drivers, not the new hotfix drivers. I get stutters with dx10 and not dx9.

16. Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD5850
    One thing I have to comment on though...the sound in this game is some of the BEST I have heard in a long time. Turn your speakers up and the gunfire is just amazing.

17. pcdude27

pcdude27 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GT 512mb
    I have exactly the same problem .. running a 8800GT .. Asus P5k and Audigy 2 .. all with latest drivers. If you find the problem please post .. I'll do the same.

Edit: Found my problem .. had to go into dxdiag and drop the sound accelerartion down a notch. Works fine now .. great game!

18. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I have no stuttering, but I do have that texture thing and a big black box every once in a while.

19. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    It was for me as well. I'm not sitting in front of it but, if you go under options (then maybe Gameplay) and change 'Smooth Mouse' to "YES" it should fix it.

Fixed my problem are runs like a charm... for the little I got to play. :wanker:

20. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI

That's only in the menu screen, once you get into the game, the mouse runs great...