Official Catalyst 8.10

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Thunderball, Oct 15, 2008.

1. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
    ok is anyone else having this issue.
    i cant install the drivers with both cards in. i have to remove one card then install the drivers then put the second card back in

and the last with these new drivers i there is no option to enable crossfire. both cards are showing up in device manager. but catalyst only sees one but yet in games i can tell crossfire is working but i just cant see it in ccc. any ideas on this

2. mtemmam

mtemmam New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 512Mb
    i installed the 8.10 drivers and .... i can't access the CCC, it says have to enter in advanced mode click yes and ... nothing !!!! tryied installing/uninstalling ,always the same!!! hello ATI what the hell is going on??????

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  3. Thunderball

Thunderball Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870+Twinturbo Pro
    Don´t blame ATI, cause the driver package is working. The problem must be on your side. Uninstall the package, reboot into safe mode, run drivercleaner pro, reboot and reinstall the driver.
    Hope that helps.

4. mtemmam

mtemmam New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 512Mb
    re-installed the 8.9 they work fine, will try driver cleaner pro and see

5. HamidFULL

HamidFULL Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 700/2200
    fraps 2.9.6 no problem

6. mtemmam

mtemmam New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 512Mb
    did what uve said and nothing still the same problem, i give up, rolling back to 8.9 ,thanks ATI :biggun:

7. mtemmam

mtemmam New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 512Mb
    thats cool now i even can't change the fan speed with the trick of over drive :bang: it freezed at 27% :wanker: please HELP

8. mtemmam

mtemmam New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 512Mb
    ouf fixed it ,but 8.10 don't work am with the 8.9. if any one had the same problem please tell

9. dren72

dren72 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870X2
    Wow, lots of issues being reported in this thread. I installed the 8.10 final's on Vista 32 and there are no issues to report here. 4870X2 is working very well with these drivers.

10. Celciuz

Celciuz New Member

GPU:
    Gainward 4850 GS
    Hi, I would like to know if the VPU Recover option was removed in 8.10? I remember having it on the 8.10 (leaked), but currently on the official I don't seem to see it around?

[​IMG]

11. Amakuma

Amakuma Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850 512MB
    8.9 official = 11438 3dmarks

8.10 RC2 = 11541 3dmarks

8.10 official = 11982

12. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    My experience with driver sweeper is it causes these problems with ATI for some reason. The ATI install manager will uninstall your old drivers then install your new ones without the need for all this sweeping crap. Thats what they are designed to do and it even maintains your settings. All you ahave to do is run the installer it will do the rest.

You probably have damaged reg settings from sweeping that the install manager is looking for and causing it to fail install. I've had this and this is how I cured it.

Install CCleaner

Go to Control Panel > System > Device manager and select your graphics card then select uninstall device. Make sure the box saying delete driver software is ticked. If you have a x2 you will have to do this for both cards showing. (You can only delete driver software once.)

DO NOT REBOOT. Go to add/remove programs in control panel and express uninstall all ATI software. Go to C:ATI folder and delete it permanently.

Now reboot into safe mode and run driver sweeper as normal. Run CCleaner and do a registry sweep and delete any ATI entries it finds, or delete all problems it finds up to you. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A BACKUP OF THE REGISTRY WHEN ASKED JUST IN CASE.

Reboot as normal and let windows install whatever VGA drivers it has automatically. Reboot again.

Run ATI Driver installer and select express install.

Job done. (Hopefully.)

In future there is no need to uninstall anything when installing new ATI drivers just run the driver installer and it will take care of the rest. Try it and see if your life is much easier, I know mine is. I've never had any issues doing it this way.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Thanx for ur reply. after all negative comments now ur comments gives goodness. thanx.

14. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Well i dont know where anybody got the idea about the fan control being only for 48x0 card users it's running quite fine on my pair of HD2600xt's although it wasn't at first untill i did a reg edit and change all the FanSpeed entries from 1 to 0 then reopen ccc and goto the overclocking panal and hit defaults and then reboot and go back to ccc and it should be there tick the box to enable manual control and adjust till your hearts (or ears ) are content

15. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    Does anyone else have any problems in COD4 with a 4870X2?
    I've been playing at 1920x1200 with all the options as high as possible...
    But I noticed while playing online last night that if/when I move the mouse quickly to turn around, the movement is not smooth and can jump/stutter meaning I end up facing the wrong direction :( (using a razer deathadder with latest drivers/firmware)
    I've tried V-Sync and mouse smoothing, but neither help.
    It's really annoying tho as there are no other stutters while running around and it can completely screw with my aiming.

16. ljonesj

ljonesj Member

GPU:
    ati 4850
    me i have better refresh on my computer with the final of 8.10 8.9 gave me a bunch of issues like crashing

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    had no problem. And a little boost as i see in STALKER and BIOSHOCK..didn't try other games :)