GeForce v178.24 WHQL Official Driver Released.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by orac1e, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Stray_Bullet

Stray_Bullet New Member

GPU:
    2x Nvidia GTX 260's
  2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    LOL

Because Nvidia likes to screw things up, it seems. ;)

3. toyzruz

toyzruz Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx280@sli
    i'll too...

4. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Try setting image to high quality, should auto set it to off, always worked for me. What's the story with ppl saying these drivers are corrupted, how can nvidia allow that to happen?

5. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Anyone give these drivers a shot with WAR?

6. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Hi there, may someone upload the Vista x64 version? The nVidia servers are very slow today, right now I'm downloading @9.3KB/s (I always dowload@800-900KB/s)... :(
    Thanks in advance.

7. Hollow27

Hollow27 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 Core216@FTW+
    Great job nvidia, DV is still broken in xp32.:3eyes:

8. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    This lack of US English download is getting a bit annoying now.
    I don't particularly want the international release :(

9. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    bf2142 bug is still there screen going black on orbital strike and going in to clock:bang:

10. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    LMAO and it has 2 thumbs up from Microsoft ? DV broken ? I think if NVIDIA were to have monkeys in their software testing team things would be better - I would hate to think that such incompetant quality control testers are the same ones who validate the actual graphic cards! F*cking pathetic - why does it take so many updated drivers one after the other for NVIDIA to get right what it SHOULD have gotten right since day 1, we paid for a grpahic card, are we supposed to wait 200 driver release versions later to get features we were supposed to get from day 1 ?

NVIDIA's business practices and utter DISHONESTY towards customers should be exposed - making bold claims of 25% better performances, 13% better, etc, what a croc of sh*t - All NVIDIA is doing is playing around with on/off features - if ever you get increased performance it will be at the cost of quality, that's how it works - no matter how much NVIDIA tries to "optimize" their bloody drivers, keep in mind that your GPU is not fully used to its full capacity, no softare driver out there takes full advantage and is fully optimized for its hardware, that goes the same for Creative and other companies.

and if you ask me, that 180.xx release is a joke - yet another marketing name to a driver that simply turns on featuers that were ALWAYS present on your graphic card but disabled by NVIDIA.

Nice going NVIDIA.

LOL

11. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

From what I've seen, Nvidia has pulled the driver for now, no links on the US side.

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I fully agree with you. The spirit of capitalism and consumism precisely consists in offering a product that is always incomplete or bugged, so that we have to buy the next/new version that offers corrections and improvements, but will still have other kinds of issues.
    We will never have a driver version that fully exploits the power of our videocards...

13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    how come i managed to download dont think ill install it yet then if nvidia's pulled it LOL

14. Broseybrose

Broseybrose Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    i like 178.15. im gonna stick with those until nvidia releases a set that the consensus here is that they're miracle drivers...

15. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    you won't see that anytime soon

16. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    I'll be happy with the 178.15's with SLI Dual Monitor Support.. I mean comon already!!!!!!

Theres a 50-70% Increase right there for some of us who have dual screens and hate turning sli on and off!!

17. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I'm in the middle of uploading to host the files without PhysX so give me another hour till I get home and set it up.

18. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    If any of you have had Creative Labs Sound cards, you can relate to this - Remember the EMU 101k chipset ? Drivers only took advantage of 40% of its true capacity :D NVIDIA is playing around with feature registers switching back and forth and making us believe they are releasing new drivers - do they have a big round table with people going "Ok let's see, maybe for 178.24 we are going to turn a few options on...." "In 179.08 we will secretly turn what we turned on but we will turn on this, this and that......" come on, I've actually seen this work of genius myself - see word on the street goes far, NVIDIA seems was made aware of this "discovery" their playing around with themselves - NOT surprised they pulled the driver LOL look for 178.25 sometime soon. this is too funny ! :banana:

19. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC

Not quite true - they usually release those "finally we got it right" set of drivers, just on time for when your videocard has long reached its EOL and is obsolete and you are ready to buy a new one :)

20. G33kinator

G33kinator New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 1GIG
    Nvidia never pulled the driver. its still on there main site also.

they wouldnt of released it if it had any issuies.