x1950 256Mb Drivers Won't Install...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by InFiD3L, Oct 8, 2008.

1. InFiD3L

InFiD3L Guest

GPU:
    x1950 Pro
    Dear all,

Long time no post!

I haven't been gaming for a while now and find myself with a period of time on my hands. I tried firing up UT3 which falls over in start-up. The reported error I notice was down to my drivers so decided clean out the old (in the usual manner) and reinstall some newer drivers.

However, as the Setup runs and starts to install the drivers I get a Severe Error Message as follows:

setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit.

I have tried installing 8.7, 8.9 and then went all the way back to 7.11 and 7.7's all of which fail. I have also tried the AGP hotfix drivers to the same results.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Rig as per specs - please no flaming about how old it is ;)

Thanks in advance.

2. Elink7

Elink7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GT
    InFiD3L,
    I have run into similar problems in the past, and found that if removed all of the drivers, then I could use the original driver disk that came with the card, and then install the newer drivers over the old ones. I know that is not the preferred way, but it does work. Cheers:)

3. doscape

doscape New Member

GPU:
    ATI
    install a standard vga adapter and on top of it the driver. (in case it doens't let you, try to remove the drivers in safe mode)

4. InFiD3L

InFiD3L Guest

GPU:
    x1950 Pro
    @doscape, I tried this and still no go.
    @ Elink7 I lost the disc and Club3d no longer have dload for this aged card.

The only drivers that install are the ones that come down via Windows Update (7.10's I think) which come without CCC.

However these won't run any 3d apps. I've output below the dxdiag results for 3D tests:

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: No problems found. Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure) Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code) Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.

Your opinions/help most appreciated.

Cheers

5. Bombero

Bombero Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire x1950 Pro AGP 512 Zalman OC
    what OS are you using? and you said uninstall "the usual way" meaning: Uninstall in Contrl Panel then goto SafeMode and use DriverCleanr Pro (select add all ati ) reboot and when prompted to add new hardware , select no, and install the drivers you want yourself? I have the same card AGP & 512 megs form and use DNA 8.9 drivers no problems.

6. InFiD3L

InFiD3L Guest

GPU:
    x1950 Pro
    I'm running XP SP3. Yes, I can confirm that drivers were removed etc in the usual way ^

Also tried the DNA's but as thought still the same Severe Error Message :(

Any other suggestions most welcomed.

Thanks

7. ShadeZeRO

ShadeZeRO Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275
    Are your chipset drivers upto date?