BIA - Hell's Highway

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mr_ALLroy, Mar 9, 2007.

1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Ah screw it, I just realised I already mentioned that halfway up the page :bonk:

I also had the thing with the suicidal squad sitting next to the about-to-explode fuel tank

2. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Well for me I have been waiting for this game for two years but the constant delays really turned me off to it. To find out that it also isn't all that long has all but sealed its fate of being picked up when it hits the $20 - 30 range. It sounds like it is a very solid game but when you are as broke as I am right now and tired of getting over hyped games, that $50 price tag looks like a hell of a lot right now. Thanks for the insight into the game and please keep the opinions coming.

3. rap1d

rap1d Member

GPU:
    Using the Mass Effect profile sorts out the SLi slowdowns :) as Mass Effect had a similar problem in the Citadel map which has now been sorted.

Using the 178.13's

4. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    IDK whats going on with my game, all settings High and 4xAA and 1900x1200= 10-15 FPS.

I lose the AA and it springs up to 50+, BUT MY EYES DO NOT LIKE THE JAGGIES!

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    measured my fps at 35-60 at high 1920x1200 4aa 4af low shadows..although max shadows makes little diff...

noticed some strange pixellation inside a church but rest seems good.

finally a game that behaves like it should. frankly i was amazed that i could hit 130fps with a 9800gtx with medwar2 but now i realise that this a fluke and bad coding.

6. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    I just finished the game today. I really must say, the graphics looked really good on the PC. DX10 when it's useful. Parts of the fire looked really nice well at times it looked just plain awful. What's the deal with that? The gameplay was fairly decent, the A.I. was okay but at times make you say "WTF?!". For example, when you command your team to go to "X" cover, instead of logically going around where there's cover, they bolt straight through the line of fire... and at times getting shot. The music and sound effects were great, although they could've added more dialogue lines to your team instead hearing them constantly saying "Take cover Baker!". The cut-scenes were really cool and gave feeling to the storyline which was totally awesome.

The environmental destruction was okay although I expected to be more. For example, when you command your bazooka team to fire on an enemy taking cover behind sandbags or in a building, it blows up upon impact. But when you use a bazooka and fire it on a building or vehicles, nothing happens. Same thing applies when you use a tank. Overall I would rate this game 8/10 but it was totally worth $50.

7. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    I am on the 4th chapter on Veteran, and don't care much a all for this game. I want my $50 back :(

Reminds me of RB6:Vegas(didn't like at all either) with the horrible graphics, cover system, and the stupid AI.

Seems like the only ones who did anything right with the U3 engine was the fellas responsible for Gears of War and UT3. I felt the textures were blotchy, and everything was so colorful with that stupid film grain effect over it. Lastly, no AA support? If i force it in the NV CP my FPS drops by 3/4.

Also the feel of the game felt wrong as well. I didn't feel free to use the battlefield like I thought I would be able to. The squad mates were more in the way than anything. I guess I am a traditionalist, when I play an FPS I want to control ME not a group of idiotic yapping bots that "smartly use cover". As for the cover system, I guess you cannot get hit if your ducked behind cover? I hid behind cover (hit Q and it goes into 3rd person), went to make a snack, 15 minutes later I am still alive with my head and shoulders sticking over the wall with about 10 germans and an MG42 in a tower shooting at me. Realistic? Ha.

3/10

Eh, enough ranting. Seems alot like it, just wasn't my cup of tea. Waiting for COD5 :)

8. Cliff Couser

Cliff Couser Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7750
    short and not still sure if it was worth the $$.

The cover system was strange. the M1 was more accurate when using 'cover mode' and then clicking mouse 3, than when not covered and aiming with Mouse 3.

cut scenes were exhaustively long, and the cussing didn't do much to make it any more real.

AI was.....was there AI? :D

oh well....

9. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i can't make AA to work in this game no matter what i do...AF works perfect, 16 i can see the difference..but AA it's damn impossible..i've tried renaming the .exe to oblivion but nothing...although it doesn't bother me cause even with AA of the game still looks good...i wanted some kind of AA...my performance is really good, at 1280x1024, maxed, AF-16x, getting 40-80 and some times over 80..any ideas?..

10. PCO

PCO New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia / 9600GT / 512MB
    Are Physx sucks in this game or it's not working? :( (I have Nvidia 9600GT with the 178.13 Forceware driver). Thanks.

11. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    Doesn't this game have the enemy marked in red symbols?
    If so seems kind of dumb.

12. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    It uses the UE3.0 i think, so rename to something like Bioshock or Unreal itself :p ..

13. BOYDIE-NI

BOYDIE-NI Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    What do you think my chances are of playing this game on my current system (look to your left).I usually play counter strike source and bf2 @ 1280x800 and it plays very well,solid frames.

Thanks

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    are you saying on easy mode you don't have to move your squad mates? they move themselves?

15. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    Hi guys I just got the game but dont see any gore but have it enabled in the menu.

16. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I have played for a while now, an personally i find this game pretty boring. I don´t feel like continue playing it anymore.

I´ll stick with call of duty :)

17. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    can "anyone" tell me if you dont have to guide your squad on "easy"? only reason i havent bought it yet is because i cant get into the whole directing your squad thing! ruins the game for me ...

18. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I had them follow me everywhere on veteran, and they can get lucky and kill a german. As I had them follow me everywhere, everytime time I planted c4, they would crouch near it and get killed. You don't have to constantly tell them where to move.

19. Knighthawk1234

Knighthawk1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI8800 GTS 640mb
    Hi Guys,

I see that a few of you did not enjoy this game. If anyone would be willing to sell it to me please PM me. I would pay around 25$US for it. Thanks!

P.S. we can use PayPal if needed.

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    really. thats cool. i could get away with only ordering them around sometimes then. i could live with that! thanks man ...