Catalyst 8.10 RC2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Sep 30, 2008.

1. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Try updating your motherboard BIOS, Gigabyte is updating a good range of their motherboards with new BIOS'.

Just a suggestion.

2. doomangel

doomangel Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 480 4GB
    come on guys, you're not rookies, errors could be from the messy operating system to a m/b instability, everytime i had an error i checked what I did wrong, if the drivers were messy then they wouldn't work at any system.

3. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    I have 2 3870's , will the CCC fan control , control both of my cards?

4. Ingo111

Ingo111 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570
    I'm I alone to suffer from VERY BAD performance in COD4 with these drivers? I hope 8.10 final will be better. Running Vista x64.

5. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    8.10 betas are running fine for me. even thougn i hard-modded the hard, i can still up the fans speed through the ccc panel. I noticed much opengl improvement. Anyways, it all instlled fine for me. I use nasty file remover on vistax64 to pull left over files from cat uninstall. Cant wait for officials!!!:biggun::banana:

6. dren72

dren72 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870X2
    I can't because it's not happening on my rig. Smooth as glass here!

7. dren72

dren72 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870X2
    :) I've heard that before...a thousand times.

8. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Just so people know, there have been confirmed reports where BIOS upgrades were required to get the latest generation of graphic cards working properly. DFI, Gigabyte and Foxxconn boards being the most effected, but others with boards from different manufacturers have confirmed this has also helped them. It doesn't effect all boards obviously but if you are having problems it may be something to look into.

Also if you are coming from Nvidia to ATI and were using any tweak programs under the Nvidia card these programs sometimes leave residual parts behind, registry entries most noticeably, removing and cleaning Nvidia drivers will not clear these things and could lead to problems cropping up on your ATI card.

Also some people are running old PC's, I mean 4-5 generations old and installing newer drivers and complaining about compatibility issues. Use older drivers.

:)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  9. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    omg awesome ;O

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  10. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    What would you prefer, user ignorance?

11. guderiancol

guderiancol Member

GPU:
    EVGA 295 gtx
    Im old using pcs. I know how install a driver. New catalyst drivers are made to increase performance in new games (Crysis etc) and benchamarks like GPU Caps, bla, bla, bla. I have old pc Pentium IV 2.8 ht and a sapphire 3850 agp, 750w psu (crosair) 4 gb in ram and standard 150 gb 7200 rpms maxtor hard disck and the lastes intel bios (865gbf). However, 3850 doesnt work with older drivers, because it is a new video card, Yea crisis is playable, Half life runs fine too, but.. opengl games like RTCW (2001), MoHaa (2002), i red things about others issues in another games too (google it) those have crashes in single player mode and runs very slower in multiplayer mode. This means that the drivers are not good at all. I did post in amd/ati forums making a comparation between a Nvidia driver from 2006 and 8.10 betas (2008); first one has more 6 opengl extensions than ati, is this nice?. My old Video Card, msi 5700le nvidia can get easly 333 fps in those games and 3850 gets 16, 20 and harly 30 on them, unplayable. Then who comes here to say people dont know nothing about how install drivers dont know nothing about what the people are saying.
    Im not a Nvidia fan boy, but i can think that catalyst dont have quality, they are unstable and have many bugs. Good drivers have to offer compatibilty with all games made to run in windows (xp32, sp3 all legal here), and off corse old games. Catalyst cant offer it rigth now. Is not?
    8.10 doesnt fix anything here, and we always waiting for new driver release, i have still wating for 4 months and nothing, they always promess high performance,bugs fixed, opengl3.0 extensions, displacement mapping bug and bla, bla, bla, and nothing, I dont know how many driver i have fallen since june, and i dont know how many driver i will have to download in the future, im so tired with it. I invite all ati boys to join at amd/ati forums to red all complaints that people have about ati drivers.

I do not speak English but I hope forgive my typing errors.

12. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I am having problem with Brothers in Arms - Hell's Highway.

when trying to launch the game it says

biahh.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because nvcuda.dll was not found.
    Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

anyone know what the problem is ? Physx only get installed using the /quiet command or it shows me Internal Error.

13. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    It's not finding nvidia's cuda API because that's what hardware accelerated physx on graphics cards uses. You need to wipe all settings for this game, so that it doesn't try and use hardware physx. Not a problem with drivers.

14. ag51386

ag51386 New Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800GT SSC
    how do you to that?.....I am having the same problem!

15. ag51386

ag51386 New Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800GT SSC
    I need to update my sig too....I now have a 4870!

16. floske

floske Active Member

GPU:
    Strix GTX 9700
    I'm experiencing the same trouble (At least I think I do).
    I'm using Stardocks Windows Blinds and Object dock on WinXP 32.
    They tend to render transparent objects, which seems ok when there's just the desktop. But if they have to do so on something else (explorer, other prog) the perfromance is quite awkward.
    That's since 8.9 including this 8.10 beta.

Maby that's a hint to someone out there.

17. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    So the WHQL ones come out tomorrow?

18. NitroNitrous

NitroNitrous Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9800m GTS 1024mb
    Nice blue screens when playing Hell's Highway :3eyes:

19. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    why do you suppose that whql ones will come out tomorrow?

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Because that is their expected release date. They should be released today.