the secret to more frames in warhead!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by theman7233, Oct 3, 2008.

1. theman7233

theman7233 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 216 SLi
    i was messing around with crysis wars and noticed my card getting very hot 90+ which is not out of the ordinary but the strange thing is my frames increased by about 20 i kid u not. does anybody have any conclusions?

2. Phantomchess

Phantomchess Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 280@700/1475/2660
    if thats true i feel sorry for the ones that bought water coolers for theirs lol

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    perhaps its giving the most power at that time.
    you need atleast a nuclear power plant for 60fps in directx10 enthousiastic settings :p

4. RandomUserName

RandomUserName Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT 720/1740/950
    funny this should come up. sometimes i forget to set my fan speed higher (i adjust manually) before i play a game and a few times i've sort of thought 'hmm, my 'puter is kicking some butt' and i play on and its doing great and then all of a sudden an hour later or w/e if i turn down the sound or something i notice my machine isn't making much noise. which means the gfx card fan isn't turned up :bang:

so i check the temp and its like 80c +. so naturally i turn the fan up. but up until then its smooth sailing

so i know heat is ultimately the enemy of performance and longevity so far as how long components last. but a little heat can't be all bad i reason. after all a hot car runs better then a cold one. not an overheated car, but well warmed up things tend to do well. thats why they warm up, i suppose

idk maybe the same thing holds true for computers and the stuff inside them

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008

5. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    you sure you didnt just update the gpu driver to one that had an sli optimized profile for crysis warhead, and in turn would make your temps and your frames increase because now both gpu's are working.

90c means your ambient air completely sucks..... hard.

6. theman7233

theman7233 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 216 SLi
    i did some research (wiki and google) found out that silicon is a semiconductor and as temperature increases so does conductivity maybe this is the explanation?