-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 4=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soprano_boy

soprano_boy Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI BFG GTX260 Core 216
    yer it looks really cool im building a new computer soon and im looking for cases this one looks nice i think i will look into this case becuse i only have a couple of others (CM690 Nvidia Edition & lian-li something its that new one but this one looks cool to) :)

2. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Testing some new components and main test subjects are p5q and q9550

[​IMG]

3. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Same PS as me, great minds think alike. lol Let me know how everything runs when you finish.

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Nice job with the Vapo there Heavy... how are you getting on with it? Easy to fit etc?

Its something thats continually on my list, but I always end up putting off making the jump from water lol!

5. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    NZXT Apollo isn't as attractive as the case you went with anyways.

6. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    i am not a fan of the nzxt cases. i havent seen one good one from them. imo, theyre trying to be too fancy which just doesnt appeal to me, at least. i prefer it simple.

my next case most likely will be the cm atc 840. i love the simple and straight-forward design. functionality and room offering looks great too.

my antec was doing a good job to me for almost two years now, but cable management is just a bitch tbh and i cant be arsed to dremel/cut it.

7. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, my case is not a glam case. It is actually very roomy and comes with good cooling out of the box. Now, I'm not trying to pitch you on NZXT cases because some of them are downright ugly. Everything about my Lexa case was simple as can be, I don't think I ran into one snag. The drive rails are a dream, and everything installed very securely, no rattle or loose fits. I know there are better cases out there and I wouldn't for a minute think that I got the best one. It came with everything I needed right out of the box, except the power supply and I don't think I scrimped there either. Although, I didn't see the point of the yellow racing stripes. lol

Good thing they were sold out of them. I almost went with the Hush but I heard that the drive rails for that case are a nightmare.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Isn't there supposed to be a plastic cage thing that fits on the back of the Lexa? I like the red theme, I think I'm going to go down that route too.

9. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Yeah, there is but I left it off. Its supposed to be for cable management but then you have to remove it to take the sides off your case. I thought it was kind of pointless except for aesthetic reasons.

10. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    most nzxt cases aren't my thing either, but the adamas looks like its a superb case.

11. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    MB: I think you are gonna make me pull out my credit card. Damm...i liked that case.
    Any word prices or availability?

12. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    The problem with the Adamas isn't the quality of the case, its the design oversights. The hardrive bays are mounted in the old school way and any videocard longer than the width of the motherboard will either a) Block your hardrive bays or b) Won't fit in at all. That to me is a pretty glaring fault for a close to $200.00 case. Look into the Hush, better design.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  13. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    one german shop lists it for €240 and estimated availability is 22nd november.

14. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    good point, i forgot the adamas also has drive bays like that. im currently divided between overhauling my desktop or laptop, and am looking for cases now. i like the look of the new coolermaster atc 840, but its too tall for me(cannot be over 50cm or i cannot place it anywhere practical). im currently thinking about the silverstone Fortress FT01.

15. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Just to prove I'm not biased, The Silverstone would be the best choice. They make some of the best on the market.

16. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    dont get me wrong twtaylor, i wasnt judging or saying the nzxts have bad functionality/room offerings... i dont even know as i havent informed further because as i said they just dont appeal to me. i was only talking about looks, not trying to make em bad, just to be clear and when youre satisfied its all good.

17. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    I understood that well enough mb and you're right, not every case is for everyone. I got a quality case for under 100 euros, it really doesn't matter to me what it looks like. If it happened to be "plain Jane" I still would have bought it. To sell me on it, all the guy at the store had to do was open the display model and let me look at the room inside. That's what really sold me. I don't even have the LCD and temp sensors hooked up. lol I heard they were usually off by about 10C and that makes them pretty near useless in my books but that's a frill I can live without like the back cage.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  18. HeavyH20

HeavyH20 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 Tri SLI
    Well, truth be told, it was easier than water in a lot of ways. I had to modify the vapo a little so that I could offset the the run a little to allow easier video card access, but, other than that, quite simple. It is the easiest thing to swap out processors, as well. 5 minute swap.

I picked it up off fleabay for $400 which was about the same as a decent watercooling setup so it seemed like high time to switch. The only downside can be the noise. I shielded the sides with thermal foam, replaced the fans and run things at 35% fan speeds to keep things a but quieter. Not bad now, but if you leave it as is, it is a bit intrusive.

19. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    Alrighty. I've made me some changes. I had my DD pump die, so I ordered an MCP655. Got it all up and running now. While I was at it, I did some cable management, changed the location of the pump, and swapped out the blood red coolant with some black F1 that glows blue in UV. Now, I just need to get a couple UV sticks. . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, I've painted the internal of my case to match the exterior, and it's already got some nicks and scratches. This is only temporary; however, as I will eventually be getting it sandblasted and powder coated in black.

20. pyo2004

pyo2004 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 4870 X2
    I got some updated photos of my computer. Hope you all like it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.