178.13 Available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by aircool, Sep 25, 2008.

1. nuke888

nuke888 Guest

Duck ! I did download em off the nvidia page the exe appears to be the same installer in the drivers i did place the installer in a different dir of the 178.13 run as usual it complete the installation perfectly by I do still get that "
    File not found: PhysXCPlUI.exe" error.:puke2:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  2. sahlaboohlas

sahlaboohlas Member

GPU:
    gtx 260 3sli
    i thing this drivers is best ever, great great smoothly gaming (cod4 doom3 crysis grid). Perfect job finally after those betas :) hi all!

3. prodigy

prodigy Master Guru

GPU:
    xpert vision 280SLI GTX
    i had problems witht his driver when bootup it would hang so i went back to 177.83 all fine again thank god.....:)

4. JUJUKOS

JUJUKOS New Member

GPU:
    POV 8800GTS 512
    Hi guys ! I just installed 178.13WHQL and i think that it's a very good driver . Benchies are almost the same but image quality is great and all my games are running smoothly . :banana:

5. MadPerson

MadPerson Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 9600GT 512MB
    So aere these better then 177.92 overall

6. sahlaboohlas

sahlaboohlas Member

GPU:
    gtx 260 3sli
    more and more better!! all the packet is perfect

7. TREAD™

TREAD™ New Member

GPU:
    None
    178.13 working fine here, only DV in XPSP3 doesn´t work..

I have a doubt already for some time..

In NVIDIA Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings, there is the option "Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration". There says: "The control panel will assign a default setting based on your display configuration."

My monitor is a Samsung LN32A450 32" (HDTV), and the default setting is "Multiple display performance mode". Shouldn't be "Single display performance mode"?? I have only one monitor and one GPU.

Anyone knows which the the best or correct setting for my monitor? Is the default setting?

Thanks..

8. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    "Multiple display performance mode" is the correct default setting.
    To see what the other settings are used for just highlight one of them and an explanation is given at the bottom of the control panel.

9. yaleblor

yaleblor Guest

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb
    maybe nvidia is getting wise and is stopping full support for xp , just as it did for win2k ,me, and98 , i would rather they concentrate on vista 32/64 , its time to move on xp users . xp users should stick with an older driver that has all the functions they want and stop expecting updates , xp had a good run but its time to move on , maybe one of the reasons vista drivers arnt all that they can be is because valiable resorces are being wasted on xp .

10. Supersnake

Supersnake Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLI
    Moved to new thread

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008

11. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Your only repeating yourself over and over..broken record I'd say. There is no reason to leave XP yet regardless of them not selling the OS any more. Its being supported by MS till 2012 so till then it will require just as much support as Vista or Win7. I'm going to assume you will play the same record when Win7 comes out about leaving Vista won't you?

I have 5 computers in my home, 1 uses Vista, 3 uses XP and 1uses Server 2008. I don't expect to see anyone stop supporting XP as a home user. Schools and Businesses around the world still use XP and will for prob the next 5years or more so they don't expect this drop of support either so who are you speaking for again?

12. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Working fine, no issues , very smooth too.

13. yaleblor

yaleblor Guest

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb
    i never used xp i went with win2k till i switched to vista, and as driver support dried up in late 2006 ,early 2007 i didnt complain ,win 7 uses the same core kernel as vista , unless there's major differences i wont be switching for a while , as xp dies out you need to stop expecting full support . i find it amusing that here on an enthusiest forum so may people are afraid to try new tech , granted you want the latest hardware ,but you want to run it on an outdated os , then u complain when its not perfect , all the functions arent there , windows 7 uses the same core kernel as vista so i guess you'll be in the same boat in a year or 2 . the majority of the issues with vista stem from 3rd party apps not patching to be compatible ,and hardware venders doing the same (why would a printer manufacturer spend money on a compatable driver for a 5 year old device when they can sell a new device for a profit) face it new gen graphics cards were designed to work with the current os , consider yourself lucky that it runs at all on an os thats at the end of its life cycle , if i were ati /nvidia i would say ok this is it for xp ,we will do small compatiblity updates ,but we're gonna focus on whats relivant to today and the future

and the support you speak of will be in the form of fixing vulnerabilities , and a few compatability ubdates for new hardware , ms doesnt want to let loose malicious code on the rest of us through you , and new hrdware will need to be recognized , but that doesn mean the manufacturer will give full support to xp , by late 2006 newer games wouldnt install on my win2k , driver updates were limited in scope ,and 2k was was a striped down version of xp

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    offtopic:
    games still run like $hit in vista64, i used it 3weeks ago everything updated including sp1 and i didn't like it one bit...games stuttered and paused, it wasn't smooth play, now im back to xp and all those games run fine again, maybe i should have tried the 32bit v. since all my games where 32bit, but still vista isnt what it should be just yet imo.
    It is fast as a OS and looks nice as OS but that's just it; and vistas dx9c emulation/simulation is not so optimized as it is in xp, since xp is built on dx9c and vista on dx10. lol you can argue as much as you want, but this is the main reason why xp is still a better choice for dx9c games.

as for drivers 177.83 are better than these 178.13 at least for g80 8800gts.

15. yaleblor

yaleblor Guest

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb
    great , but dont complain about reduced functionality in xp , enjoy it whilest you can

and as i stated get used to using an older driver . that is your future

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008

16. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Damn, these drivers are the best i ever used for my 6200 card. In the few games which i have tested, i am getting like 60 and 100fps, and the issue which i use to have with my 2400HD( Which is a crap card btw ) and with this card , like when i turn around and my frames will drop to its lowest and massive choppyness is all gone!

No more lag or choppyness. These drivers are wonderful :)

17. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    XP will be supported till 2012 by MS and their partners will follow such as Nvidia.. If you skipped XP then don't worry about us XP folks that still use it ok.

18. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    The Irony is that windows 7 is comming up possibly by the end of next year or beginning of 2010 and Windows XP is still the best gaming OS around now a few years after Vista's release.

19. Sorken

Sorken Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX260
    I for one hope the various companies will continue to support XP (and XP x64) fully for as long as possible. It has nearly everything you could possibly need and still is lightning fast.

While Vista looks really great and has DX10 support it has not yet had the time to fully mature. It works well enough for most people but it can certainly use some more optimization. What bugs me off the most in Vista is that the went away from the proven layout of things in XP and just had to make it more complex.

Theres ofcourse also the case of peoples hardware needing to catch up with Vista, XP had that when it was new aswell. Vista with _only_ 2GB of ram was a horrible horrible experience while with 8GB it was alot better.. go figure :p

As for "Windows 7", it will come when it comes i suppose. Hopefully it will be feature-rich, lightweight and looking good. Perhaps they will be intelligent, use the XP lightweight base, add DX10, Aero and resource monitor from Vista.

20. djt

djt Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Really, that’s news to me. I’ve been doing back to back testing with the two machines listed below which were in a dual boot XP/SP3 / Vista/SP1 configuration.

On fresh OS installs with the latest Windows updates and drivers, Vista 64/SP1 was showing as much as a 10-15 FPS in one of my games. None of any of the other dozen or so games I’ve tested have shown any performance decrease when run on Vista 64.

We’ve already seen less attention put on XP drivers, a trend that will continue. At this point with Vista 64/SP1 I see little reason to even bother with XP, there’s just no advantage anymore.

Nvidia Gaming:

ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA (Intel X48 chipset) BIOS 410
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 w/Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
    OCZ Titanium XTC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
    EVGA GTX 280 FTW (178.13 Drivers)
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB (RAID 0) - Vista Ultimate 64 Bit/SP1
    SILVERSTONE 1200Watt DA
    SILVERSTONE TJ09-B

ATI Gaming:

ASUS Rampage Extreme BIOS 0501
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 w/Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
    OCZ Intel Extreme Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    ATI 4870X2 (Catalyst 8.9)
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB (RAID 0) - Vista Ultimate 64 Bit/SP1
    PC Power & Cooling T1KWSR 1000W
    LIAN LI PC-A70B