X-Fi Titanium + Vista64 + 8GB RAM = True??

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by splattergnejs, Sep 27, 2008.

1. splattergnejs

splattergnejs New Member

GPU:
    2 Gigabyte HD4870 CfX
    Dear Sirs,

I am currently planning on upgrading my gaming rig with a new sound card - I am currently using the Supreme FXII shipped with my ASUS Rampage Formula mobo.

Unfortunately - I have read a lot of complaints regarding Creative drivers (ie. crackle & pops from the speakers) if you are running Vista 64 and have more than 4 GB ram.

So - Do anyone of you have good/bad experience regarding PCI-E X-FI Titanium cards and similar rig as mine?

Rig: Asus Rampage Formula / Q9450@stock / 8GB RAM / 2 X Gigabyte HD4870 in CrossfireX / Corsair 1000w PSU.

Please - any comments are more than welcome - good as bad...

Best Regards,

Splattergnejs

2. David_L6

David_L6 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    No experience with the Titanium card because I quit using Creative products after all the problems I had with an X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series and absolutely NO support from Creative. I can't and don't recommend Creative products to anyone. I'll never buy another Creative brand product.

The computer specs: Vista Ultimate 64, Intel D975XBX2, Q6700, 4 X 2 GB G.Skill DDR2 1000.

3. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I am currently trying to decide which sound card to buy and have almost the same questions that the OP.
    I quit using my extrememusic cause of the useful drivers that creative has. Now is the Titanium....and the prelude.....any help please.....

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I dunno.... i'm kinda biased for the Prelude. I moved from a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS to the Prelude.... and *drool*

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    well when I was using my Xtreme music temp when I was waiting for my card to come back, I didnt get any pops or any thing like that with 4gbs of ram.

I dont really know if the titanium does it.

6. MAD5

MAD5 Guest

GPU:
    SLI Titan EVGA / ASUS
    I have Vista 64 + 8gb ram + x-fi titanium. I have noise when I move the scroll bar on any page! Each time I made the scroll I hear crackle noise. If I don't move, no noise, I move and it is very accurate, I stop and the crackle stop. Maybe is bug between creative drivers and logitech drivers?

7. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I guess i all depends on drivers.

8. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    I had 6GB and no difference with 4GB of ram. No cracky sounds etc. Vista x64.

Vista and X-fi is waste of money. No real hardware support. 99,9% of my games run software sound accelerator =/

9. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    I don't have 8GB, but I do have the card without the "audio drive". ;)

The problem with that card is the mic. The volume is too low and there is no mic boost. The default drivers are terrible. It is virtually impossible to configure the mic. It sometimes gets recognized, but after a reboot it is gone. Unless your lucky. This issue is fixed by the new drivers, though. Still no mic boost and mic level is unacceptable. And software still has a problem recognizing the mic. But the card itself doesn't loose the mic anymore.

Another strange omission is MIDI. You'll get the software, but there is no way to connect a MIDI device.

The Titanium is a rather expensive card (at least more expensive than most cards) and the sound is not much better than other Creative cards.

There are cheaper Creative cards that offer more. And cards from other manufacturers may even sound better. The only advantage of Creative cards that I can think of is EAX for gaming.

Considering its price and features it is hard to recommend this card.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  10. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Not true. Lots of games support OpenAL's hardware accelerated audio and those who don't can be forced to use it via ALchemy. So far all games that I own have hardware accelerated sound this way. Works fine.

11. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    True OpenAl is the only bonus - cause EAX is a Big joke in Vista. Not that it was perfect in all games made to run on XP, but even for those that count on Vista - used with Alchemy Crap is a big joke.

12. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    The catch is: it works. :banana:

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    When I was using alchemy it works prefect. It always worked for all of the games I used it on with my prelude. I didnt actual have a game that It didnt work.

And yea Keitosha it Def works.