178.13 Available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by aircool, Sep 25, 2008.

1. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    Been playing CoD4 online for a few hours and its running really smoother for me. Really liking it.
    Going to try out Crysis tomorrow.

:thumbup: for this driver.

2. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    DV works fine with these drivers windows 32 bit xp pro sp3

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  3. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    yes it does

4. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    your probably better off using the international version no size differance same driver just more langauge files

5. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    DV working fine here xp pro 32bit sp3

6. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I'm on Vista 64bits and no more DV bug with the 178.13 even after several restarts. They have better IQ than 177.98 and they provide for smoother gameplay on my setup. They also made Windows load alot faster than 177.98, I really dunno why =P
    Keepers for me^_^

7. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Massive increase in Clear Sky IQ, I had some mods/tweaks etc and "sun rays" on low, but they had a grainy effect that would only go away once you increased to medium (dropping FPS massivley), now they are on low with the "grain" effect gone. Didn't measure FPS so I don't know if it's been affected but seems to be about the same.

**Oh yeah, and DV is working fine here on Vista X64

Hmm maybe I don't know what I'm talking about with Clear Sky, now it seems grainy again..... :3eyes:

Anyway a badly coded game in the first place, full of bugs, again. I think I give up with it already. :chainsaw:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  8. Lopern

Lopern Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GTS 512 @680/mem at stock
    can somebody plz. explain too me what Digital vibrance is and what does it do ????

9. RanCor TDO

RanCor TDO Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1080 GameRock
    I'd recommend this driver for anyone playing WAR. For myself and some of my mates who installed this driver last night we have all noticed increased frame rates in most areas, what seems like an inicrease in view distance and alot better IQ on all textures. I tested whether or not the black screen was fixed while alt tabbing in full screen and it isn't, however playinig in wondowed mode with these giives a very consistant frame rate and an all round better gaming experiance.

10. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    #148 screenshot pls. Clear sky is supposed to have some grainy effect.. when the skies are blue the grain effect is gone..

11. Luka_Aveiro

Luka_Aveiro Guest

GPU:
    GTX850M
    It's a technology that makes the colors have much more quality, vivacity...

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I play BF2 PR mod, anyway the latest drivers from Creative were conflicting with my GFX card and caused my rig to bsod a lot (yet another release of typically crappy drivers from them).

I reinstalled the KX Project drivers and that fixed the bsod's but no surround sound or EAX in BF2 unfortunately.

13. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I don't have screenshots. When I have some in game settings at low there is a grainy effect, but as soon as I up them to medium the effect is gone and FPS drops drastically. This is at any time of day/weather.

14. aNDY^aND

aNDY^aND New Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GTX
    How big different are?

15. NightCrawler™

NightCrawler™ Member Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA GTX460 1 8800GTSSC
    Drivers work ok for me.... had some random crashes in The Withcher with the beta's and not with these...

Still the installed games list in 3D settings is empty for me... pisses me off...

16. supersym

supersym Member

GPU:
    SLI gtx 980
    with 3dmark 2006 and gtx280, is there a real improvement ?

17. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    These drivers dont work for me.3dmark06 comes up with a 3d9 failed error and when i run the performance test the gfx scored 1 instead of the usual 5.9.Os is vista 64.Rolled back to previous set and all ok again.

18. ANTO

ANTO Member

GPU:
    evga 8800GTS 320 mb

i totally agree with you.
    it would help a great deal if people did mention what the results are and what O/S they are using.
    it would help people like me who are totaly useless with pc related stuff and drivers etc and need a little help from time to time.

ive not installed these new drivers yet, but soon as i do i will post results.

also i do agree it might help if there was a box listing our O/S under our hardware list.

btw, im on xp 32, not that it matters yet.

19. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    It basically makes the colours appear brighter, if like many monitors the colours look slighty dull then DV really helps give the colours a boost.

20. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    And yes i can also confirm that Digital Vibrance slider is broken with these drivers. (xp pro sp3 32bit).

Before it went smoothly (1% steps) from 0 to 100, now it only jumps to 33%-66%-100% without doing anything to colors.

Ah well, a minor glitch, i just bump up my desktop wallpaper saturation and dont notice that much :p