177+ driver problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Neosporin, Sep 3, 2008.

1. b1gwest

b1gwest Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 ti
    The new bios has worked for me Cod4 with sli working fine with latest drivers

2. Chris PM

Chris PM New Member

GPU:
    2x8600 gts 512MB ea
    Gave it a full day of CAD work and I'm just chugging along without a problem.

It is so nice not to have the random freeze issue, and to be able to use the latest drivers and not have my 3d apps tweak out.

I can't thank you enough! :thumbup:

3. Wanell

Wanell Member

GPU:
    2x GTX580 SC
    My cards overlap 3/4 of my SATA ports, the 4th SATA port is still overlapped but since the heatsink curves at the end there's a little bit more clearance. I did need to remove my bottom GPU, put in the sata port, bend it to like a 90degree angle and sorta force in my bottom card, but yeah, using any more then 1 SATA port with a SLI setup isn't going to happen with this board.

As for the BIOS, I also can't thank you enough. Been trying all the 177 drivers since they started with no luck, it's great to be able to use the new drivers which offer a large performance increase over the 175.19 drivers.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  4. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I'd replace the heatsink on at least one card. It's not a good idea to bend anything in case you weaken the connections. When components heat up and cool down, all the solder joints expand and contract. You should be careful that you don't put undue pressure on connections and crack or stress the solder joints.
    I'd think they'd take the odd movement here and there, but still be careful.
    One or two good quality one slot coolers would be a good investment.

I'm still looking for a good single slot cooler for this card.

This cooler probably won't fit on the first card in SLI but it may fit on the second provided you have clearance between sound card or anything like that. May only have enough room if you have one graphics card or no soundcard in bottom slots. It's an awesome looking cooler so I couldn't help but post it.

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_p...r_hr03gt.htm?art=MTQyMywxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008

5. Twilight

Twilight Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP
    So I guess you're using the standard SATA connectors, because I've seen L shaped ones too which might do the trick. Currently I'm using 2 of the ports, one for a hard drive and one for my DVD-Drive. Guess I'l just have to try it out.

Thx, for your info and I already knew about that heatsink, but I'd like to keep the stock heatsink.

6. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    8800GTS 512MB generally have pretty good stock heatsink and that thing (Thermalright HR-03 GT) is pretty big. I don't think I could even fit it in my case unless I removed my Audigy 2 sound card and left all the PCI-e/PCI slots empty. The temps are good for that heatsink on a 8800GT, 45C Load and 36C Idle (according to Thermalright's graph), but they should be for a huge heatsink like that.

I like the heatsink on the 8800GTS 512MB, heaps better than the one on my card.

7. nabelo

nabelo Guest

Im really happy that the new BIOS works for you all...
    I hope ASUS will release a new official one soon.
    Thnx you all for you positive feedback.

8. Twilight

Twilight Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP
    My temps never go over 55°C at full load over a long time so yeah, the heatsink is great. (+ the fact that it blows the heat out of the case which the thermalright doesn't).

But I'm going off topic, advice from other people with dual slot cooler SLI setup on p5n-e SLI is still welcome.

9. edfarst

edfarst Member

GPU:
    GTX 570
    If they launch an official one will it work better than the one you got for us? It's working great now and I don't even wanna mess with it.

10. seninha

seninha New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9600GT SLi
    Does somebody knows if I can use this new BIOS for my P5N32-e SLi mainboard??
    This because I have the same problems mentioned over here and already pojnted my board as the main problem maker (already tested my powersupply , memory )

11. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Different chipset 650i, no it won't work with your nforce 680i P5N32-e SLi board.

12. Wanell

Wanell Member

GPU:
    2x GTX580 SC
    ASUS finally got back to my ticket and attached 1301 BIOS to the email in reply. I haven't tried it, but I assume it should be up on their site sometime. If it's not I can send it to someone to test it out, but at the moment the test BIOS is working fine so I don't want to risk breaking something thats working fine :)

13. nabelo

nabelo Guest

Can you please upload the BIOS somewere ? I'd like to test it.....

14. Overdos3

Overdos3 Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800gt sli 512mb
    id like to test it too :D it would be very kind of you if u can upload it please.

15. Wanell

Wanell Member

GPU:
    2x GTX580 SC
    http://rapidshare.com/files/149256806/P5N-E_SLI_1301.rar.html

Happy testing.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008

16. seninha

seninha New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9600GT SLi
    Bump :( thats a shame.

What do you guys think. Should I contact Nvidia or Asus about my problem??

Taking in mind that this is my second pair of 9600gt's that is giving me problem as soon as I use SLi.
    Used for 2 month 2x XFX 9600GT alpha edition, changed them for 2x 9600GT EVGA.
    Also changed my system OS from Vista to XP,just to test what the results would be.
    But problem whas still there.

Now I installed Vista back again and tried the latest drivers (with a clean install) but this didn't help.

And when I contact one of them, what should I handle them over (do I need to send them my logbook??)

17. Wanell

Wanell Member

GPU:
    2x GTX580 SC
    Lodge a ticket with ASUS and refer them to this thread and get them to see if there is something wrong with your chipset and hardware configuration with the current drivers.

http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx

You may need to create an account.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  18. seninha

seninha New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9600GT SLi
    Thanks

Just lodged a ticket, and like you suggested, send them a link to this topic.
    Let see how long it takes

19. pitzbull

pitzbull Member

GPU:
    8800gt 512mbsli
    Interestingly with Guild Wars, I find that turning anti-aliasing causes me to get all these errors. However as soon as I turn it off, it runs a treat.