T-shirt designs, will U consider buying them?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by XxR3zD3ViLxX, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    I'm a much bigger fan of Vector art and solid colors. In fact the majority of my T-Shirts are just solid gray or black, with no logos or art. I don't really like logos or art, they usually are trying to make a statement and I don't like my body to say anything to people that don't know me. Besides, I only really wear a t-shirt lounging around the house anyway, if I'm going out or to work I'll throw on a polo, which are all solid colors anyway.

Seriously though, why would you want people that don't even know you to see things like "exile" and "confusion" on your t-shirts? Artistic, maybe (and I stress maybe), but cool on a shirt? No. Unless your a 13 year old emo kid full of angst and you just want people to know how hardcore full of emotion you are.

You want a good t-shirt design idea? Pick a logo, and stick with it. Make your shirts solid colors and put the logo in a different solid color somewhere on it, sometimes big, sometimes small (upside down, sideways, whatever). Thats where things are going in fashion.

2. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    this made me lol

3. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Yeah those designs would be excellent for mousepads.

4. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    Liking a lot of designs that biggerx posted, as for the OP's, not really feeling the "photoshop" look.

5. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    gonna any with Communist symbols? then I might be interested

Hammer & Sickle and Soviet Star u know....

6. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    I also want to mention that the OP is not a failure. Even though I said earlier I am not into his shirts, they are pretty cool as far as digital art is concerned. You might want to pursue more of a graphic design future though because those designs are just too complex for a t-shirt. As others have said, they would make better mousepads or even framed art if you are into that style.

Always keep in mind that everybody has an opinion, but it doesn't really mean much. If you are serious about designing t-shirts you shouldn't let people that don't necessarily care for them like some of the posters in this thread deter you. We can't forget our opinions are just that :).

7. XxR3zD3ViLxX

XxR3zD3ViLxX Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition 512MB
    Really appreciate :)

8. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
  9. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
  10. XxR3zD3ViLxX

GPU:
    too geeky :banana:

11. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Siht! This one is the best.

[​IMG]

12. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    TBH, I've seen T-shirt stores come and go. They open one in the main street and close down 3 months later.

IMO, the best place for a T shirt store is at a market. People come there with alot of money, looking to empty thier burning pockets. Designs aren't important. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Also, remember that small children wear tshirts too, and parents are always looking for a cheap covering for the grub to dirty up.

Oh yeh... the flames on black tshirts...not everyone is a metal head.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  13. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    their nice but not for me hah

14. XxR3zD3ViLxX

GPU:
    I tried to take down all the energy and mess all around, how bout now :D

[​IMG]

15. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    That one is better. Are you doing the fractals yourself? Cause that's a lot of work sometimes.

16. Exige245

Exige245 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    XxR3zD3ViLxX, I think your designs are pretty cool honestly. But I probably wouldnt buy them if I saw them in a store, here's why: at 19 years old, I'm over the whole random cool 1 word graphic designs (eg: confusion, exile) however that was extremely popular in my generation when I was in elementary-middle school (so about up to age 14). Two- I personally am sick and tired of black tshirts. Dont get me wrong, I love the color black but I have way too many black tshirts that I bought b/c I liked the design. It seems as if any cool design these days is on a black shirt and its really annoying. The most common example are rock/metal band shirts, they're all black!!! There's no variation. Besides, I live in Florida and its hot as hell down here, so black isnt the primary choice to wear in the heat of the day, cuz u sweat 10x more profusely with black clothing.

So bottom line- I think your designs are really cool, but please use more than just black as the base color of the shirt. Try white, dark blue, light blue, green, red, grey, etc. Also, you may want to try out some designs on long-sleeve tshirts (I personally love long-sleeve tshirts, even though Im in FL and its hot simply b/c I like the style). I think some of your designs would be really cool on like the sleeve of a shirt or as someone else said, on the side. Just please don't limit yourself to just black. Like someone else said- not everyone is a metal head who likes to wear black all the time.
    NOTE: I am a metal head, but I dont like wearing black all the time :banana:

17. XxR3zD3ViLxX

GPU:
    I really appreciate your thought, as I really understand what you mean, however, I put up all the designs on a black t-shirt coz its the default color I use for shirt designs is always black. What I really was aiming for taking into consideration long sleeves/side design patches/ and all of the shirt ideas all of you suggested. The question is that will my designs commercially sell to consumers like you :)

biggerx; yes I do them by myself, usually its the post work and effects that take either a couple of hours or mins :)

Thanx, really appreciate all the replies and feedback up until now :infinity: