177+ driver problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Neosporin, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Overdos3

Overdos3 Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800gt sli 512mb
    which psu do you have?

2. c1cc10

c1cc10 Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9800GTX 512M
    me?
    Corsair HX 620 W

3. yashooa

yashooa Member

Well after trying everything including the new Alchemy and SBdrivers I used the driver posted above and my **** FINALLY works.
    I tried using the onboard sound but it locked up as well so I tried disabling the sound all together and every game worked. So in desperation I tried the modified "homemade" drivers for my Audigy 2 and it runs like a freaking champ.
    Thanks dude, I totally forgot about these drivers because Creative released some new ones but guess what, they are **** and the Daniel drivers kick ass!
    :)
    But there is something wrong with the P5N-E SLI as my other 4 systems with Audigy 2's work just fine and one of them has Vista and a 650i chipset just like the ASUS board does. I am just glad I found a combo that works.

4. Overdos3

Overdos3 Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800gt sli 512mb
    So no one wrote to Nvidia or Asus?

5. b1gwest

b1gwest Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 ti
    I was under the impression that nabelo still had a ticket open with Asus as the bios they sent him did not fix the problem.

We should probably start a topic up on the Asus forums regarding this. Might have a better chance of getting something done about it.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&model=P5N-E+SLI&SLanguage=en-us

6. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    hi
    i have msi k0n platinum sli board,its a 570 chip set ,am running 2 BFG 8800 gt's in SLI ive been able to run every Driver up to 177.92 so far.
    I built a comp for my kid MSI K9 AG Neo 2 Digital and he has EVGA 8800 GT and it refused to game with 177.92. i haddnt seen driver issues like that since, well ever. Studdering, pixelation you name it.
    I thought it was everything but the driver, i went back to default GVA settings , re-installed winn XP put in bigger PSU.
    well when i rolled driver back to 177.83 everything was fine.
    I was considering going to asus board mabye a 760 chipset but think ill just get s lil faster cpu and keep my 570 chipset it seems to like SLI and eats every driver for breakfast.

7. b1gwest

b1gwest Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 ti
    I've ordered a new motherboard to hopefully sort this issue out. Fed up with this p5n-e sli and all the problems I've had with it.

I'm getting a XFX 680I LT edition SLI. Will post back if everything works with it

8. nabelo

nabelo Guest

Exacta Mundo :) The Tickes is still open and Nvidia/Asus are still working on it !! So there is still hope for us :)

9. Overdos3

Overdos3 Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800gt sli 512mb
    did they reply you nabelo?

10. Wanell

Wanell Member

GPU:
    2x GTX580 SC
    Can you post a link to the ticket? I also have one open but they haven't said anything short of their automatically generated response.

11. nabelo

nabelo Guest

Sorry i can't. Im in direct contact with Nvidia about this problem. Nvidia is talking to ASUS and i recieve the BIOS from NVIDIA and not ASUS. Thats all only because i work for a big OEM Retail Company and we have direct contacts at Nvidia...

12. nabelo

nabelo Guest

Good news everyone !!

Thats what Professor Farnsworth would say.
    Today i recieved BIOS version 1201T2. It seems that it does the trick. No freezes and bluescreens so far with 177.xx drivers. Looks like the problem is finaly solved with this P5N-E SLI Mainboard...I will test some little further and keep you informed. Anyone who is interested in this BIOS ----> PM me your email adress......

13. Overdos3

Overdos3 Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800gt sli 512mb
    it worked thanks a lot nabelo :). I hope a official release is going to be popped soon :). thx ur awesome

14. Chris PM

Chris PM New Member

GPU:
    2x8600 gts 512MB ea
    It was great to find this thread today, I've been having this issue for months. I'll PM you my email address now. Thanks!

15. nabelo

nabelo Guest

16. Wanell

Wanell Member

GPU:
    2x GTX580 SC
    I'll give it a try when I get home, cheers for your work.

17. Overdos3

Overdos3 Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800gt sli 512mb
    thanks again nabelo. Tell them to release it :D.

18. edfarst

edfarst Member

GPU:
    GTX 570
    hey nabelo it works great for me so far! thanks a ton man. really owe ya for this.

19. b1gwest

b1gwest Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 ti
    bah, should have held off buying a new motherboard for a few days :(

20. Twilight

Twilight Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP
    I've read through this thread and the lasts posts sound promising.

I've got a P5n-e SLI too and one 8800 GTS 512. I'm planning on going SLI with an second 8800 GTS 512 but I'm afraid I wont be able to use the SATA ports anymore because of the Dual slot cooler.

I see some of you do use 2 double slot cooler GPU's so I was wondering how you guys managed to do this without being unable to use the sata ports.?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008