Race Driver: GRID

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Gameslove, Dec 1, 2007.

1. unbreakable

unbreakable Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 512 800/1905/2200
    had the same problem with v1.2

reverting back to 1.0 fixed the problem

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  2. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    thanks! :)

3. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Is anyone getting bsod's with this game when running a phenom "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor".

Now I am overclocking a little, 200mhz but my system passes an overnight run on prime, can even play other games like crysis/warhead, moh airborne etc which are probably just as taxing on the system as grid, if not more so, yet I don't have any bsod issues with any of those games, just with grid.

It's also random as to when the bsod occurs, can sometimes play the game for hours with no problems, others it blue screens after a short while.

4. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    I love this game. I'm lucky to finish with 1/2 my car together, but what a hoot.

edit: the rest of this post referred to a problem only a total noob would've encountered - good grief (solved)

this game ROX!! (just playin' WASD/spacebar style)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008

5. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Damn this game is hard! ...and Im usually good at driving games

Im playing it with the Logitech G25 wheel, but the cars slide out way too easily, and the other cars are always bunched up together, making it extremely hard to overtake them without colliding and sliding out.

I dunno, maybe its the steering wheel settings...

6. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Yeah, I might have to get it, the demo ran like crap on HD3850 256, but on the new 9800GT its sweet as.

7. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    it must be the wheel because with a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 it has great driving control. I've pwned the game twice already.

8. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Nah, its ok with the G25, just needs setting up properly.

9. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    My game is at version 1.0, and apparently Patch 1.1 has a steering lag fix. So I'll try that :)

10. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Damn! just got a new ps2 to pc adaptor as my other one didn't support any dualshock/ force feedback function, this new one does and that part of it works great in the game but there's one major problem........steering is totally foobared!

The cars are undriveable, the car steering has a noticeable rubber banding effect, that's the only way I can really describe it. As soon as I uninstall the driver for the adaptor the steering in grid goes back to normal & I'm back to flying round the track, but without any forcefeedback/vibration on the ps2 pad.

The adaptor is question is this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/MY-Link-Dual-CONTROLLER-CONVERTER-ADAPTER/dp/B000MLRL1I/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1206576166&sr=8-16 It's a generic adaptor, being sold under a number of different brands, is anyone using this with grid without problems?

11. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    If you've got money for a GTX280, surely you can splash on a dedicated PC wheel, i.e. G25.

12. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    No thanks, you've probably got your preference & I've got mine, which is to use the ps2 pad.

Update : Ok managed to sort the problem out, for anyone else having problems with very twitchy/lock-to-lock steering the solution is to find the line <input device_type="auto" /> in the hardware_settings_config.xml & change `auto` to either pad or wheel, depending on which device you use.

It seems in my case the game was identifying the ps2 pad as a wheel input device!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  13. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    Man, I'm totally addicted to this game. It's so fun I don't even worry about wasting my life away playing video games.:nerd: (what a thrill to win a race and even a whole event!) But does anyone EVER get to start a race except in the last couple positions? Man oh man, if it's a 12 car race, I'll start at 10th at best. Twenty cars, I get maybe spot 15 if I'm very lucky. It's especially aggravating when there's a tight turn shortly after the start.

also, does anyone play this with 3870X2's in crossfire? I'm playing only on my lappy (9800M GTs in SLI) because when I tried to play on my desktop it was so choppy it was unplayable. For some reason, some bug is preventing access to Grid from my desktop atm (I'm playing on the Steam version), so I can't tell if maybe the latest ATI drivers solve this. (I actually don't think I've tried it on my desktop since the 8.8's, maybe it was even fixed in the 8.9s?)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  14. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Back up your saves and reinstall Grid, that may help.

Try running a different AA setting like 8xcsaa or 16xcsaa if the new drivers don't help and turn off mirrors and set a lower shadow setting. I'm running Ultra settings, 16xcsaa, with mirrors off and shadows turned down to 512 on a 320 MB card. You can also set the shadow mask to 0 in hardware_settings_config.xml in the My Docs Grid folder.

15. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    I modified the game ( I have the original but i used a no-cd crack) as well as modified the graphics to allow ultra high settings

now every after race it says upload failed because the game detected modifications to its data..

now im not sure if its either the no-cd patch or the ultra high graphics that caused that (both of which i like so much) but id like to know what it is that im missing because of the "upload failed" thing..

what does it upload? thanks

16. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    Hi grid fans :) I wanted to share my video i have done about this game. It is my first time i used video editor so it is not so good as it could but still maybe you will like it :grad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTHGBLSP8ow

17. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    Nice job on the vid!:thumbup: Nice driving, and some good crashes!

Ouch... ouch.... ouch... (I've been playin ALOT lately, and I can't seem to help pressing way too hard on the keys in the heat of a race - got little blisters on a couple my of my WASD fingers. I really gotta look into getting a wheel:p )

18. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    so about the "upload failed" thing? :D what am I missing because of the failed uploads every end of game?

Is it because of the modified game files (to enable ultra high)?

19. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    So the race just ends for you, with no stats to follow-up? I.E. race standings - driver; race standings - team; event standings - driver; event standings - team; sponsorship payout; total payday. (I think that's it, not sure if the order is correct.) And, if you win the event, you get a little trophy.:D

20. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    Thanks (grad) Well same here with fingers if i play to long :D By the way i have a wheel but it is not good enough i need here G25 playing this game for fun :banana: P.S my nick online Spaidy maybe you will see me there some day then we will race :D