Powercolor AGP HD 3850

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Paladinchan, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP

Asrock here in Brazil? hauhauhauahu is impossible to find! already I looked everything here! unhappyly it does not have = (

2. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
  3. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    I ask for excuses to the friends who I am making here. My Brazil is parents of third world. the people are here without education without principles. something that would have to be taken by example of countries of the Europe and etc… I finished reading this substance it link that already I go to pass and was very sad. I age member of the site Adrenaline, but reading this substance left.

http://www.adrenaline.com.br/forum/showthread.php?t=26110

4. spirits247

spirits247 Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 AGP 512MB
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2008

5. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
  6. spirits247

spirits247 Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 AGP 512MB
    No, it's not worth the extra cost. That memory you have, as long as it's DDR400/PC3200, is absolutely fine.

Replacing the memory alone will not give you much extra in performance with the 3200+ CPU. You need a new dual core CPU.

Also the premium you pay for those memory names (Consair) is not worth it and DDR1 is expensive.

If you are going to buy new memory, it might as well be DDR2 for use on the Asrock board.

Overall, I'd either wait and upgrade to PCI-E in the future (sensible choice)...
    ...or, if you have to have more performance now, get the Asus or Asrock board and a Core2Duo, using all your current parts only (mem, card etc).

7. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP

Thanks!

I understood. Being thus, my only solution would be the ASrock 4COREDUAL-VSTA. plus one it only asks. which would be optimum 2 Core duo that this plate aguenta mother?

8. spirits247

spirits247 Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 AGP 512MB
    I'm not sure Marquinhos! I still have a 3200+ too, so I've never looked into it. Someone might come along soon who can help.

So many Core2Duos to choose from and you will have to find out which overclocks well on the Asrock board. Perhaps you should start a new thread asking others for advice?

By the way, Assasins Creed min specs:

Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
    RAM: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista

No wonder it was slow! :D

9. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    I do not go to change I am nothing I go to be with mine combo exactly and future to move for PCI. Who knows the manufacturers comes back to manufacture mobo with slot AGP :D

10. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP

11. spirits247

spirits247 Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 AGP 512MB
    Nice work. What voltage is your CPU at that speed? Mine would require 1.55-1.65V I'm sure to push above 2600Ghz! Good job your board has locked AGP/PCI like mine. :)

I see you've lowered your HTT. You can probably leave it at 4x rather than 3x, just make sure it's under 1000.

Isn't your PC3200 ram on the wrong memory divider? You might be losing performance.

It should be set to 166 (from the default 200) before you increase the FSB, but it looks like it was set to 133 and rose to 155 at 240FSB.

Setting it to 166 will still keep it below 200 at 240FSB.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  12. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP

I tried to translate more I did not understand well - my English is pessimo and I use http://br.babelfish.yahoo.com/ to communicate. ^^

13. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    spirits247, to use orkut? ^^

14. mrmarcus

mrmarcus New Member

GPU:
    ati radeon hd 3850

i bought this card few days ago so far all i have had is problems at first i installed the card went to play a game pc crashed and resarted again and again eventually i got back to my desktop after hours of installing uninstalling drivers and software i got it to work but then my sound cuts out but says its all installed but through media player it says theres no sound card but graphics worked fine then after that my sound came back on after more messing around but then the graphics cut out any help cos its a good card when it works

15. Spathi

Spathi Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX980 V2
    You need to fill in your specs... then someone with your board could tell you what is going on or we could do a search.

16. josef109

josef109 Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600 GT 256MB AGP
    Hard to imagine this thread still going strong for so long...I've been waiting to make the final upgrade to this AGP system and I've been leaning towards the HIS IceQ Turbo 3850 AGP Card...the current price is what's keeping me from upgrading...I just can't imagine paying that kind of money for a piece of "older" technology...I'm wondering what kind of experience anyone has had with this graphics card if any....Thanks....

17. Spathi

Spathi Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX980 V2
    Unfortunately what you see a lot here is ppl trying to blame video cards for errors caused by other components, so it is misleading. They are all pretty much the same except the Powercolor is overvolted to 1.3xV, has a better cooler and bigger capacitors. Other than PSU's I think the problems ppl have on non intel chipsets is the 9515 bios. That and some chipsets just don't work very well or ppl have not set up motherboards 100%. Most cards can come with 9505 or 9515 and all can be changed to 9505. GeCube memory is underclocked for some reason... maybe just a mistake.

You are 6 months into the end of these cards... probably only has a year more left in it performance wise. People will want 60fps next year. There are still plenty of games it will let you play 30 to 60fps vsync'ed.. in your case probably all games to a degree.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  18. spirits247

spirits247 Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 AGP 512MB
    Just to update this thread.

I got rid of my Club3D HD3850, as I never got it 100% stable. Tried everything, including underclocking the card and system and using very loose timings; even got hold of a Silverstone 560W PSU with 38A on the +12v. Just didn't like the VIA K8T800 Pro chipset.

I did get it fairly stable in games - played COD4 fine and Bioshock for a few hours. But randomly it would freeze on my 2D desktop, one time loosing a good portion of my work so it had to go.

Interestingly, the one thing I didn't try (and believe me, I tried everything including placing a heatsink on the bridge chip, different bios versions and my own modded bios) was underclocking the memory on the card. The core yes, but not the memory.

Well perhaps that was the issue, as Club3D's new HD3850 has a black heatsink, no RAM heatsinks and slower memory clocked at 1400Mhz (700 DDR like the GeCube release) instead of the first models that had 868Mhz.

http://www.club3d.nl/index.php/products/graphics/extreme/12

Strange. The PCB's look identical. Remanufactured?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  19. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    in fairness, i tried this card out what nearly a year ago or 6months. Was not stable at all, tried everything. Put my 6800 ultra back in and it was fine.

Glad i have upgraded my system and moved on.

20. resetman

resetman New Member

GPU:
    POWERCOLOR AG3850 512MD3
    my last hurrah

obviously looking to the left here at my specs for my computer this is my last hurrah for this computer....hopefully i will get another 2 years out of it with this new video card.....i am not a big overclocker or a heavy gamer but my old nvidia gforce ti4600 video card would not run any of the newer games and the powercolor hd3850 seemed like a good way to get a couple more years out of my system before building a new system....i also upgraded to a newer power supply the other one just didn't have the kick to keep the 3 hard drives running or the 2 burners (it was only 430 watts with splitters on the 4 pin pc peripheral power cables) so far no real big problems other then the computer locking up when playing videos(hopefully a fresh install of the os which i will do after dec 7th will clear that problem up...i was due for an os reinstall in december anyways as it has been a year since the last one.....)but if anyone else has had any issues with video playback locking up there computer plaese let me know......
    Part 2
    ok here is part 2 did the os reinstall..... but was still having lock up problems with video play back and discovered that the on board c-media audio and the new video card did not play well together.....i disabled the onboard audio and put in an old audio card i had kicking around here and have not had a problem since.....system runs just fine using the hotfix software also hydravision works well too.......going to order a better audio and hopefully that will work as well as the old one i have in there now (the old one is kind of crackely)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008