Powercolor AGP HD 3850

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Paladinchan, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
  2. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
  3. Spathi

Spathi Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX980 V2
    I don't know much about AMD systems these days. Someone will know.

Probably a new pc

4. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    Spathi, poderia me indicar alguma configuração pra continuar usando minha HD3850 agp?

5. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    excuse! I typed in Portuguese =) Spathi, could indicate me some configuration pra to continue using my HD3850 agp?

6. Spathi

Spathi Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX980 V2
    Eu não sei muito sobre sistemas de AMD. Alguma outra pessoa pôde poder dizer-lhe que se há qualquer coisa você pode fazer. Minha suposição é você provavelmente um computador novo de PCIe.

Veja talvez se seu cartão-matriz pode overclocked. Eu penso que ainda será demasiado lento embora.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  7. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    então não sei o que fazer =( comprei a placa de video faz nem 1 mês.

eu estava pensando em melhorar com alguma dessas placas aqui. pois não tenho dinheiro para comprar um combo PCI.

which would be the best plate for the HD3850?

http://www.cybergentech.com.br/Produtos.asp?ProdutoID=438

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-81146817-_JM

a plate uses core 2 duo and to another one x2. which of them I must catch?

Agradeço sua boa vontade Spathi!

8. Spathi

Spathi Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX980 V2
    I do not really know.. no time to look today. I would get ASUS and Intel though. Other people here have CORE2's and X2's.. they will most likely tell you what is cheap and works.

Don't spend too much, I recon in a year or two PC's will get a hell of a lot faster.

9. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    friend was valid. but I looked a forum here of my parents and I inquired myself of as to make one overclok =) I placed Athlon 64 3,200+ to work in 2600GHz =) goes to give to aguentar ties to change of PC. The problem in over was the memories that are generic. but I go to arrange ones of the OCZ.

10. spirits247

spirits247 Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 AGP 512MB
    Marquinhos, I'm surprised you got such poor results with the 3850 and Athlon64 2.2Ghz, especially since you have 2GB.

I haven't got those games to test, but in Stalker and COD4 I'm getting smooth FPS on the highest settings at 1280x1024 with the same processor and only 1GB of RAM.

The performance jump was so large, there is no way I could feel disappointed! Crysis even works well, as does Biosock and Oblivion.

Anyway, a new CPU will increase performance but the Intel i7 CPUs are just around the corner so I would wait a while before upgrading. Huge price cuts are looming.

11. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    I got my card yesterday.So far no problems at all.Drivers installed fine and games are stable.

12. Spathi

Spathi Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX980 V2
    Do you have have dual channel? Maybe that is where the difference might be.
    I just tested My ram and it is 3677MB/s in AIDA32.. not as fast as what I thought... maybe test the Athlon's and see what they are.

The other thing is.. you can't expect miracles, my PC slows down slightly in Oblivion if heaps is going on, usually when there are 6 or 7 AI characters close by outdoors.... it does not bother me too much though as it is just one or two missions.

Like you I am waiting for certain new tech to come out.

13. delphi00

delphi00 Member

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256MB AGP
  14. delphi00

delphi00 Member

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256MB AGP
    Can you tell me how long your HIS video card is to make sure that I can fit it in my case?

15. spirits247

spirits247 Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 AGP 512MB
    No, it's a 754 system and I'm under no doubt that the card and games are being bottlenecked/limited by the single core CPU.

The lower memory bandwidth only makes a few % difference in real world applications and games you know. Those theoretical tests mean nothing on Athlon64's. For instance, a dual channel board will bench with massive memory bandwidth, but given the same CPU speed, there will be very little difference in actual performance compared to single channel. That's one of the reasons why I never updated to 939 when it came out.

It's the integrated memory controller on all Athlon64 chips which make the real difference due to low latency and higher efficiency - that's why it's so fast for gaming in comparison to a Pentium 4 regardless of theoretical bandwidth.

However, I just go by the feel of the game. Those that I've played all run great, very playable compared to my previous x800 Pro which was a slideshow, but no doubt not running at the cards full potential. The thing is, I just turn up Anti-Aliasing higher to help take up the slack!

I mainly game on the PS3, but this card will have me enjoying some PC gaming as well until I build a new system next year. :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008

16. spirits247

spirits247 Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 AGP 512MB
    You have an Intel system, so take your pick.

Some of us with VIA chipsets have had issues with the Powercolor/Club3D one. It has a nice cooler, but mine doesn't sit 100% flush on the board and therefore misses contact on a few memory chips, not that it makes much of a difference to the overclock.

The Sapphire seems to give most people the least issues.

The HIS card I have no experience of, but all of them seem to overclock around 750/1000 so don't pay a premium for a pre-overclocked card.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  17. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    In COD4, Bioshock, stranglehold, Mass Efect, Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4 I also game very well (in the maximum) in this same resolution. The problem that I find is in the Turock game, Assassin' s Creed, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky and BlackSite Area 51. I believe that these must demand very of the processor

18. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    it was what I spoke before. Game all the games in the maximum. little Assassins, Area51 and turock. these only at least in the graphs. My processor Athlon 64 3200+ 2.2GHz arrived at the limit for these games = ( Use 2gb of memory ddr (generic)

19. spirits247

spirits247 Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 AGP 512MB
    Thanks for that Marquinhos, it clears everything up. :)

Then yes, I agree completely - you will need more CPU power. If you have a 754 board like me and want to keep the AGP card, the best option would be a Asrock 4coredual motherboard, as you probably know you can't get dual core for 754. :(

But you're probably better off waiting for the new CPU's to be released and upgrade everything to PCI-E.

20. Marquinhos

Marquinhos Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP