video on second display

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by =HPSF=GO-GO, Sep 10, 2008.

1. =HPSF=GO-GO

=HPSF=GO-GO Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    I just got a 8800GT and there used to be a radio button in the control panel to have video auto-display on a second display. It is gone and I am having a problem getting it to work. The second display is an old school tv.

The option was there with the old 6800gt drivers. I can't remeber what they were but the new ones I got just days ago, says forceware 175.19.

Everything else works and I can drag video over to that window or clone the desktop but I liked this option better. Any Ideas how to make it work like it used to?

2. =HPSF=GO-GO

=HPSF=GO-GO Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    bump.

I updated to 177.98 drivers and I still cant fix the problem. Used to be, if I started a movie in vlc or winamp or WMP it would aoutmatically pop up on my second display (tv).

How can I get this working again?

3. bokeh

bokeh Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB
    You can't

From NVIDIA Control Panel Quick Start Guide

4. gaamaa

gaamaa New Member

GPU:
    nVidia/ATI
    nVidia Engineers (guys) going crazy !

nVidia is removing most of the best features like
    1) Fullscreen video on TV out
    2) Overscaning (zoom/position) on TV out
    3) And many like Image sharpening etc ...

And puting blame on microsoft (video piracy issue)

No doubt they are going down and down these days and ATI is comming up !
    Better try ATI it does wonder !

5. GammaLord

GammaLord Active Member

GPU:
    2g gtx 760 gigabyte oc
    im currently running 2 monitors , dont know if this is what your asking about but if u start vlc the first time and minimise it then drag it over to ur second monitor display or tv in ur case whenever u run a movie that uses vlc player it should start on that second display.

i use wmp and thats what happens if i run a movie it pops up on the second screen.

in control panel u have to have displays setup for dual view and then select which u want for primary display.

dont know if itll work for tv's.

hmm ok just tried it with vlc myself doesnt seem to work for me either but windows media player does.

6. =HPSF=GO-GO

=HPSF=GO-GO Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    The above posts explain this. DAMNIT!!!!

OK, i have a corner desk, on top of corner desk I have my TV. I used to be able to play a video and it would "mirror" on the TV automatically. Wifey get to watch "little house on the prairie" (i am not kidding, she tivos all of them) while I play games.

I know the whole drag and drop the screen on the TV still works but then the edges arent visible and I can't minimize the video to move the screen back. It's a pain in the ass compared to the way it used to be. has anyone found a better workaround than drag and drop?

I'm gonna go yell at Nvidia now.

7. =HPSF=GO-GO

=HPSF=GO-GO Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    OK, my ONE response from the Nzone forums was that I should buy and ATI card!

WTF????

this sux man