Setting clone mode with Monitor and TV different settings

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by jogogold, Sep 13, 2008.

1. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hey all, i own a HD3450 and im trying to accomplish something simple . I want to use the tvout to see video on my TV and still use the 1280x1024 on my lcd monitor with the clone function. For some reason after the driver detects my TV (a CRT one) the res is stuck on 1024x786 with no option to change it. Plus theater mode doesn't work for me, even if i set it to show video on full screen on the tv i still see the video size i see on the lcd. There is no option to see full video on the Tv and to work on the computer at the same time.
    I've tried 8.1 and the latest 8.8 drivers.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. da_unique

da_unique Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX770 + GTX670 (SLI)
    U can use extended desktop, then u can drag ur video window to your tv.
    However u get a big virtual desktop then, so if your in vista it will be slow... VERY slow.
    (thqs to ati's CRAPPY drivers, 8.9 beta improved speed somewhat but its still ****ing sluggish)
    This might also be cuz i set my extended window in the right bottom corner, so i wont accidentaly end up with my mouse on it.
    So i end up with a 3520x2280 desktop. (which works fine on any nvidia card btw)

3. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    doh nevermind thought u were talking about your tv being stuck at resolution not your desktop

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  4. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    I've just recently set up a TV in the room opposite my rig/monitor and have the TV set up as a clone on CCC. If both displays are enabled, the higher resolution display will revert down to the resolution of the other one. There's no way to avoid that unless you go extended desktop as posted by da_unique.

The weird thing I have is that, even when I have the TV/clone disabled in CCC it'll enable itself if I power on/off the TV while the PC is running. (And my monitor reverts to the TV res until I disable the clone in CCC and reset vista display settings)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008

5. Darkuser

Darkuser Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    Due to it being cloned it uses the only resolution both can support. You cannot force your TV to go to a higher resolution than it supports hence your forced into 1024/786 on both.

I have a Dual View profile for when I want to watch movies on my TV which allows proper resolution on both. When I am gaming I just change to my single monitor profile and I'm good to go for max performance.