how do i get directx 10 on xp iv got 9800gtx

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by cop3, Aug 31, 2008.

1. cop3

cop3 Active Member

GPU:
    9800gtx+overclocked
    how do i get directx 10 on xp because i cant find it any where to download so if someone could help it would be a great help any way see ya peoples

2. PineMangoes

PineMangoes Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7800 GS XXX edition @stock
    For DX10 you need vista.

3. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Yes, DX10 is Vista Exclusive!

4. karamanliev

karamanliev Member

GPU:
    Palit HD4850 Stock
    But it shouldn't be, because Vista is still a piece of s**t.

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Have you actually used it? My OS is rock solid stable and oh this has all been said before.....

I'm out of here....

6. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Any great reliable documentation about that? I have no issue with Vista 64 whatsoever. If you can't handle it, you shouldn't be using a PC at all.
    You are just like all the others: a sheep! Bleh bleh bleh and everyone repeats it, but you have never seen the actual thing.

But you liked "Mojave", huh? :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Using Vista 64 and love it. Won't ever go back to XP or 32bit.

DirectX 10 so far hasn't shown it's full colors, but I enjoy knowing I can use it :p (Crysis/Assassin's Creed)

8. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    YEAH! Finally some one said it. Vista is Bill Gates' jizz on toast! Have you tried Microsoft's new OS? It's called Mojave, I've been using it for months and it's super cool!!!

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I am not the only one who got the exclusive "Mojave" Beta?!? :eek:

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Joey: sounds exactly like something that would be said on a ZeroPunctuation review. lol

cop3: yeah... there isn't any way to get DX10 on XP. it's Vista only. There was talk of people developing a way to make DX10 work on XP, but last i heard it hasn't really gotten anywhere, and even then it would only really be emulating what DX10 could do. And as we all know.... emulating pretty much never turns out good.

karamanliev: like it's been said... you're a sheep. You hear what someone says about something... and repeat it like you're the first to ever say it, whether you used what's under discussion or not. I, too, have been using Vista for quite a few months now with no issues. There were a few bumps when Vista was first released.... but those weren't all THAT major, and were fixed rather fast. The only issue i had after that was not being able to really change any of my BIOS settings that were related to hardware speeds, but that didn't bother me, since my computer still ran great, didn't crash, and ran every game out there without a problem (until Crysis came along anyway... but what game since then doesn't run great... and what computer CAN run Crysis great?). After SP1 came out, that didn't seem to be a problem anymore. And yes.... Vista is a much more stable OS than XP. If you don't believe that... then you're a sheep, or you only used it for 5 minutes using a bootleg copy you didn't feel like paying for the day Vista was released.

Seriously.... if all you're gonna do is repeat what everyone else says.... don't bother opening your mouth, or in this case moving your fingers. Or... do what has been said by others.... try Mojave. you might like it. lol.

11. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yep vistas crap thats why iv been using it for over a year rock solid ;)

12. dshramek

dshramek Guest

Thank God someone started this thread. It gives me the chance to say how much I love Vista. I made the switch last week & totally love it. I am pissed I didn't switch a year ago. I used to believe the neg. hype...I was so wrong. I would be a moron to use xp again.

13. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Vista sucks windows 95 all the way!!!!

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    hell no.... Microsoft Bob is where it's at!

Vista is king.... all other Windows OS's suck.

15. Schepsel

Schepsel Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX VEGA 64
    Vista is ok. Switched about 1.5 years ago and I must admit it wasn't that great in the beginning but after SP1 it runs like a charm. Will never switch back again.

16. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    nah guys windows 3.1 is all the way, the best support, lol

yeh vista has been stable for me, l have it on 7 computers which are both desktops and laptops, no problem with any and they are all different in all ways, as to their setup of hardware.

17. cette

cette Active Member

GPU:
    Dx10 looks good on paper, but really ain't done any good for real world gaming yet, I'm sure we'll get there.

18. gumbanator

gumbanator Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 970 /660ti phyx
    there were packages that made dxdiag say it was dx10 but that was all wat was the point!?? yeah vista 64 is good with sp1 but ive went up to server 2008 just for the fun of it with a litle bit of tweaking ive got a full working system
    with al my programs updates in 14.8 gig with only 33 proceses and thats with antivirus traffic shaping and window blinds runing lol:banana:

19. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    there is absolutely nothing wrong with vista, been using it since the beta and any issues it may have had back then are definately cleared up now. i do kind of believe the negative hype was started by osx fanboys and passed through people afraid of change...

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I have changed everything in my system, including HDD and my year and a half old Vista 64 installation works like it was installed yesterday. Absolutely the most stable OS ever made.