177.92 vista 64 causing hardware failure

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by theman7233, Aug 30, 2008.

1. theman7233

theman7233 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 216 SLi
    after i installed the drivers didnt notice any problems with cod4 but when i tried to play supreme commander forged alliance i get the blue screen of death after about 3 min any body else having problems

2. Decon

Decon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 460 SE
    Just once or repeatedly? Not hardware failure but crashing maybe?

I don't think these drivers are worth messing with....:biggun:

3. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    I had a very similar problem with the 177.89's and physx driver on my pc. And before that most of the 17x.xx drivers caused blue screens and freezing for my pc.. So i'm all the way back at 169.25 currently..

So if I were you..i'd delete them with the nvidia removal tool in control panel, then use driver sweeper in safe mode. Install the last, stable set of drivers you had and wait until the famous supposed up and coming 180.xx set of drivers. And here's hoping they fix at lot of mine and your issues ;)

HyBrId

4. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Using these beta drivers on 64bit Vista myself also... so far no problems, however I don't play Supreme Commander.

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I had the problem this morining, I started getting BSOD whenever I played a game for 10 mins. But before that They was working fine for 2 days. That prolly why it decide to act up. Becuase It knew I was enjoying it.

6. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    No problems what so ever with the 177.92 and the Physx with me. Vista x64 by the way.

7. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    It seems to me the problem is probably with SLi because both theman7233 and I both have and SLi setup.. And I consider 2 days to be more successful than 10 seconds (in my case with the drivers).. GenClaymore :p

HyBrId

8. Eyemaster

Eyemaster Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080OC
    I am running SLI on Vista x64 and I could not play COD4 with these drivers. I would get the COD splash screen then an error box about not being able to create a 2D thread or something. Went back to 177.89 and it works again.

9. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I have noticed some of you have BSOD when you are gaming.Believe it or not this setting in BIOS will cause BSOD when doing any over clock.Set it to 200 and see if it OK.
    You may have to adjust voltage to have a stble overclock

[​IMG]