FW 177.92 with Physx v8.08.18 @ nvidia.com

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Weesni, Aug 26, 2008.

1. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    No increase whatsoever in my custom COD4 timedemos , i have 4 all on differant maps and the result is exactly the same as the last driver i had installed , same for all my other games ........... so much for the improvements pffffft

2. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    You must mean the Russian version. The US version isn't out until next week. Expect some driver tweaks for it after then, but not before.

3. Atzenkeeper500

Atzenkeeper500 Member

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Hello, i received my card yesterday. Went back to NVIDIA and sold my 4870. All fine, played cod4 about 4 hours, runs nice. My problem is, when i use a physx support application, its crashs. FluidMark, system crash, physic part from 3dMark Vantage, crash. Nurien Demo with physx on its crashes after 20 Seconds, physx off its works. I used the new 177.92 graphic drivers and the included physx 8.08.18 drivers. Tried installing, deinstalling 2 times. Anybody a clue?

4. justifireb2b

justifireb2b Member Guru

GPU:
    3x Asus GTX280 TRI-SLI
    That's a workaround for the bug that puts clocks down while gaming.
    No more 2d/3d mode since last 3 drivers they released.
    And as far as i can see, nvidia keeps it like this, full time 3d energy wasting mode :)

5. grindy

grindy New Member

GPU:
    Gainward 8800 GTS 640MB
    Hi,

does someone know if the HDTV support is working properly with 1080p resolution in this driverset?

thank you.

6. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Thank goodness its not my video cards..lol , thanks for the reply.

Yeah I hope they do fix it because other than a shadow problem with games these otherwise ROCK!

for now I'm rolling back , can't be without my BF2:)

7. Alcom

Alcom Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5850 1gb
    I found these to be the worst of the 177.xx drivers for UT3 on my 7950GT SLI rig. I heard similar sentiments earlier in the thread and my benchmarks confirm it: 174.74 is still the king as far as Unreal Tournament 3 (and Crysis, according to another post last week) is concerned.

http://www.alcomsplace.com

8. scratch42069

scratch42069 Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC 512MB
    After upgrading from an 8600GT to a 9600GT I now get an A Ranking in the DMC4 performance test. These drivers don't seem too bad with DMC4 compared to the last few sets. The performance gain is without a doubt from my video card upgrade but I found even with the new card, the driver is rock solid. Anyone else get to test DMC4 with 177.92 yet?

9. microsonic

microsonic Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GT@700/1700/2000
    [​IMG]

good or bad?

using
    [​IMG]

10. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    Went ahead and installed the PhysX drivers also.

3DM Vantage w/o PhysX installed: P9421
    3DM Vantage with PhysX enabled: P12231 (H7861)

GPU points still the same, just over 10000 on both [Performance] runs, but 30% diff in total score...how would my fps be with PhysX enabled game ? 30% up ? LOL...nah, 50% off maybe...nice cheat nvidia...:biggun:

OC'ing (GTX 260 @ 756/1512/1242) with EVGA Precision Tool, driver doesn't make my card go in 2D mode very often.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

??
    physx helps cpu processing, not gpu processing :puke2:

physx is all about more advanced physics calculation, and faster one, nothing about graphics

12. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    wow very good performance boost via the PhysX :nerd:
    between with this driver 177.92 , GTA San Andrea would NOT load.

13. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    I find them very bugged confronting them with 175.16... Mass Effect is much more unstable.

14. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Increased idle temps and extremely unpredictable clock mode behaviour with a gtx 280, going back to 177.89 which had no issues with my system.

Vista x64

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  15. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    issue detected on vista x64 and GF8800 ultra on the following games :

- Dekaron ( EU version of 2moons ) : The application quit unexpectely after a few minutes of movement in game.
    Does not appear when using 177.79 .

- Tabula rasa : nvlddmkm crash and recover in boucle after a few minutes of movement in game.
    After this kind of crash, the recovering keep continuing under vista desktop.
    Only way to return to a normal state is to restart vista.

- Guildwars : no crash
    - HL2, Source games : no crash
    - UT3 w/ PhysX : No crash
    - 3d mark 2006 or vintage : no crash

I will go back to 177.83 using a full uninstall of nvidia drivers , since a direct install on 177.92 didn't fix.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008

16. thommo

thommo Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680 SLI
    Odd one this but it knackered itunes so I couldn't watch any video/movies at all so back to 177.89 for me

17. BG_SenTineL

BG_SenTineL New Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    For now this driver works perfect on my system ,though I can't find any performance boost at all :3eyes:

18. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    finally, got them working right all in all nice driver when you get them to work:p again hellgate runs great combat arms,F.E.A.R runs better BF2 as well and BF 2142 all run pretty darn good few fps increases not much in some games IQ is really great. hopefully nvidia is on the right track phyx is enabled as and af so far so good

19. Imaroot

Imaroot Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GX2
    i think this driver is for benchmarking not for gaming

20. scratch42069

scratch42069 Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC 512MB
    Something is not right with this driver. I got the "Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, has successfully recovered" error while running Folding @ Home last night. I did get a new PSU yesterday so my new 9600GT would have more than enough power. Went from a Enermax Noisetaker 420w to a CoolerMaster eXtreme Power 600w. Amperage on the +12v rails is the same as the previous PSU I had, which is 32A combined. I don't believe it's a PSU or hardware issue as I had this error on the 8600GT with Forceware 177.89 and I got this error while Folding with that configuration. Luckily games run rock solid, no issues whatsoever there, it just happens whenever I run Folding @ Home.