ATT beta version with HD 4xxx support.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlauweTulp

BlauweTulp Member

GPU:
    5870 1GB
    Thank you so much Ray! Will try it out as soon as I can and post results.

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Impossible in ATT. All these overrides are per applications! No global tweaks (yet :) ).

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Guyz, I need your help.
    if you have CrossFire installed (HD 3xxx/HD4xxx) please give me SysInfo report , not full just the lat parts about CrossFire.
    1st with CF = OFF (use CCC, not ATT!)
    2nd with CF = ON

4. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    2 glitches using ATT

Hi all,

I just installed ATT (Core 2, HD4850, Vista) in order to replace the fat CCC.
    I only use ATT to control the fan (I'm not an OC fan). Works very well but I noticed a few glitches:

1- I have a fan profile that works fine (and automatically loads at startup), but if I put the PC in standby, when I switch it back on, the fan is stuck at 0%, no matter the GPU temperature. I have to manually reload the profile.
    Side question: does the FAN profile (temperature dependent fan speed) stay active if I quit ATT or does the fan stay (fixed) at the current fan speed once ATT quit ?

2- I have defined OSD to show GPU/CPU temp and fan speed, plus 3 hotkeys (one to show/hide OSD, one to show/hide FPS, one to change position of OSD). It works but sometimes, if I'm playing Call of Duty 4 and OSD is off, pressing the hotkey to switch it on makes Call of Duty 4 crash.

3- XFire (the online gaming tool, not ATI's crossfire feature) crash if I try to start it when ATT is running. If ATT is not running, XFire starts as usual.

Great tool anyway !!

MaX.

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    This is impossible :) because ATT will reload itself after suspend mode. But anyway I can check ti :)

What is FAN profile? Its just values to be applied to video board at time of select it. So values stay fixed after exiting from ATT

Only in this game?

Use search.

6. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    Well, I'm pretty sure it happens for me. I'll re-re-re-check.
    Sorry, I didn't make myself clear: I was talking about the 'Automatic Fan Control Table". Table says, for example, T>40 = Fan 30%, T>50=Fan 100%.
    Currently T is 45 and hence FAn is at 30%. I quit ATT, what happens ? Will the FAn stay at 30% even if the T becomes >50 ?
    I'm monomaniac, I play only cod4 :biggun:
    Sorry, had trouble to find info due to the multiple xfire meaning ...
    Anyway, I do agree, xfire sucks big big big time.

MaX.

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Read again what I wrote. This is VALUES to be progrmed to the sensor of video board. This is video board itself who make changes in FAN speed by table, not ATT :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  8. McMav

McMav Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4870
    Was using this for fan profiles on my 4870 however atitray.exe is causing my system to blue screen. Not sure its its conflicting with my x-fi drivers as when it happens it knocks out the sound.

I have unistalled it and reinstalled CCC now and system is stable. Its not been a ram problem as I memtested it for a few hours 8 passes 0 errors. anyone else had crashes like this

Windows XP SP3. Fresh install.

edit: regards guy aboves problem with cod4 I also had it it also crashed arma.

in some cases is I had OSD on I couldnt load cod4 or arma either.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I don't use hotkeys , but I play COD4 everyday online. No problems for me.

10. McMav

McMav Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4870

sorry I should have said I dont use hotkeys either. It happened if I changed any of the in game graphics settings. Next time I try to start cod4 with osd on it starts to load then CTD same with Arma. If I turn of ASD the games load fine.

11. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Do you use X-Fire with COD4?

12. McMav

McMav Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4870
    I use xfire the games launcher but I dont use its fps monitoring, no crossfire I only have one 4870.

13. BlauweTulp

BlauweTulp Member

GPU:
    5870 1GB
    Ray, I left my 4870 CF sysinfo in the ATT CF thread. I used an older version of ATT than the current Beta to create that info so I may need to update it :).
    Just let me know if it is (not) sufficient for you.

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Use last beta version and post info here.

15. mspeedo

mspeedo Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD3650 512 MB
    Hi Ray, pls add option to define hotkey for "restore desktop icon positions", or command line for this. And thx for great software :cheers:

16. boba23

boba23 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R4870-T2D512-OC
    Ray, I think I hit another small bug. Not sure though, maybe you can confirm this on your system.
    After returning from standby (S3) ATT does seem to lose the Auto Overclocking capability + OSD functionality.
    Closing and restarting ATT restores both functions, everything is back to normal then. To me this happens only after my PC comes back from standby.
    Can you confirm this?

boba

17. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    Crossfire Off

TV Index 4
    ulPossibleMVPUSlaves 3
    cAdapterPath0 \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001
    cAdapterPath1 \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000
    ulCurrentAdapter 0
    ulDongleCapabilities 0
    ulDongleConnection 0
    ulDongleDisplayIndex 0
    ulPrimaryIndex 0
    ulMVPUMaxFBSize 0
    ulMVPUMaxPipes 0
    ulMVPUMaxVisFBSize 0
    ulMVPUState 16777224
    State Bits
    REVERSERECOMMENDED

Crossfire On

TV Index 4
    ulPossibleMVPUSlaves 2
    cAdapterPath0 \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000
    cAdapterPath1 \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001
    ulCurrentAdapter 0
    ulDongleCapabilities 0
    ulDongleConnection 0
    ulDongleDisplayIndex 0
    ulPrimaryIndex 0
    ulMVPUMaxFBSize 0
    ulMVPUMaxPipes 0
    ulMVPUMaxVisFBSize 0
    ulMVPUState 17039368
    State Bits
    MVPUACTIVE
    REVERSERECOMMENDED

Hopefully that's what you need and/or helps you out.

EDIT:That's with a 3850/3870 combo. In case my profile thing doesn't make that clear.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  18. nanohead

nanohead New Member

GPU:
    2x7950@900mhz
    Hey Ray,

Its really great to have this software back in the arsenal with the 4800s, just gets the job done!

Not sure whether this is a bug to report, or just general behavior, or I might be missing something. I have 3 x 4850s in my system, and the BIOS are modded to 700/1030@max voltage via BIOS (set to 1.4, but obviously around 1.23). Also have 2D set to 160/500@1V

Here's just some initial behavior reports. I do not run CCC, and am on 8.7 full release. Vista 32.

I installed ATT, and it only sees 1 of the three cards. I did go into the crossfire tab, and set crossfire to startup, then, when I rebooted, the first card (GPU1) was at correct idle (160), the others were at 625. I then rebooted again, and the first was at 160, the second was at 160, the second at 200 (?).

Temp measurement only shows 1 card (I do not know which one).

I then rebooted with ATT off, and my second card disappeared from the Device Manager. Then I rebooted again, and all video disappeared.

I really am not concerned with this, as I did a checkpoint with Vista before I installed ATT, so no worries, I can roll back. And if worse comes to worst, I'll reinstall the Cat package, so no big deal.

I would love to be able to use the OC tools and Artifact finder with each card to find max overclocks. I guess if I have to to each one at a time with the other 2 removed, thats no big deal.

Also, is there any info, debug logs, test results I could provide for this kind of setup that would be interesting to you. I don't expect anything! (really)... whatever is here is good enough. But if you do have the intention to further develop with crossfire support, I could provide data and testing for my type of system.

Thanks again for doing this and donating it to us lunatics

19. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    I've only just started really using ATT, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't fully support crossfire. Hence why he asked for sysinfo on crossfire setups. Just a guess though.

20. nanohead

nanohead New Member

GPU:
    2x7950@900mhz
    I'll do that, I didn't see that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.