ATT beta version with HD 4xxx support.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VuurVOS

VuurVOS Member

GPU:
    2x HD4870 512MB (CF)
    Thats because you have 2 HD4850. The problem is, it happends with the gpu when using ATT. This doesn't happend when I only overclock the gpu in AMDGPUClock or with the overdrive function.

With overdrive & AMDGPUClock I can set a higher gpu speed without having a flickering on the screen because the gpu speed is only set and not the gpu&ram speed.

2. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Hi!

Same problem with ATT version 1264.

3. sna696

sna696 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5870
    @ Ray

as you can know I'm updating my site with your lastest betas.
    When you update your SkyDrive profile, the previous beta version is overwritten so, users that could not use the lastest version (for hardware or software fault) can't download a previous that run...
    For provide best beta service, can you send me via email or other a compressed file (rar or zip) with al 1.6.8.xxxx beta installation files?

Doing this I'll update the history of your tool (http://sna696.helloweb.eu/ray/history.html) providing a downloadable content just clicking on the program versions.

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I don't have all builds

5. sna696

sna696 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5870
    no problem, some users request me previous versions...

so, i'll provide only the lastest beta :)

6. LuxZg

LuxZg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD4890
    I have these versions, as I've saved them "just in case":
    1.5.8.1244/1250/1255/1260/1264

I'll keep downloading each beta as long as I'll follow this "saga" ;)
    I am in process of uploading them to rapidshare.. if you want, you can download and upload them anywhere you want. Will edit this post with links once upload is done.

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/140282693/Ati_Tray_Tools_Beta_v1.5.8.1244-attsetup.exe
    http://rapidshare.com/files/140282694/Ati_Tray_Tools_Beta_v1.5.8.1250-attsetup.exe
    http://rapidshare.com/files/140282695/Ati_Tray_Tools_Beta_v1.5.8.1255-attsetup.exe
    http://rapidshare.com/files/140282697/Ati_Tray_Tools_Beta_v1.5.8.1260-attsetup.exe
    http://rapidshare.com/files/140282698/Ati_Tray_Tools_Beta_v1.5.8.1264-attsetup.exe

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  7. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    With ATT v1.4.7.1211 overlocking & peak search is works.

8. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    After i installed newest ATT (.64 something) i have had two crashes in 3D'06 and then i installed older ATT but i got some raphook.dll(?) error during installation. Then i installed .64 over again, again got raphook-error, but now 3Dmark went through.

Anybody else had any problems with newest ATT?

By the way, is there any possibility to save ATT's settings(profiles etc), if you uninstall ATT before installing it again?

9. ElfjeTwaalfje

ElfjeTwaalfje Guest

GPU:
    HD4850toxic & HD3850 512M
    Both right. I checked, indeed only three wires. So 100% fan it is, its not a bug its a design feature. Thanks guys. ATT is on again, and I installed an additional Zalman 120mm case fan, just to be sure.

10. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    I noticed something else too, now i get bad texture errors(some kind of flashes) in 3dmark'06?

11. JoshuaC

JoshuaC Member

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    To add to this when I set my fan speed after booting up the PC the clocks stick at default instead of downclocking when not in a game. I have to go into the OCing menu and hit default clocks and it manages to fix it for this boot.

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    You must not include clocks in profile to apply only fan. Use search in current thread. I've already explained how to make such profiles with only FAN included and why clocks are applied in Overclocking window even if you didn't touch them.

___________-

For all who asked me about RefreshLock for Dx10 games. Today i've spent about 4 hours of additional researching, but without success. I was able to find where in DX10 system I can override Refresh rate, but it doesn't work well. Not for games. Just a few small DX10 samples can be "hacked", but non of my current DX10 games. CoJ, Lost Planet.
    So .... I don't think I will be able to find something else to do it (I mean add support). But if something will be clear in future I will inform you :)

13. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Ray, one question regarding High Quality AF.
    I thought this was enabled by default on HD4800 cards (since there is no option anymore in CCC).

14. Mr.StanleyDudek

Mr.StanleyDudek Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD 3870 X2 1GB
    Something I've noticed about CCC + ATT and High Quality AF...

If I install a fresh CCC + Driver package, (before installing ATT) and open up "All Settings" under "3D" in CCC, under "SMOOTHVISION HD: Anisotropic Filtering" I have the "Use Application Settings" checkbox and the adjustment slider.

No "High Quality AF" checkbox.

Then, if I Install ATT and go to "New AA and AF Methods" under Advanced Tweaks and untick "Disable support for High Quality AF" (enabling it) and then actually apply "High Quality AF" in ATT's 3D settings, close everything and reboot, when I open CCC the "High Quality AF" checkbox is there and ticked.

I don't really know how to explain why this happens, but I do know that's how I've been getting the High Quality AF option to show up in CCC since it disappeared.

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    ATI things in mysterious ways. In one release they enabled HQAF in another disabled. So right now I don't know is this options work in 8.8 for example or not. Just look, in 8.8 they removed option to change quality for SS/MS. But it ads exists in 8.7? So is this hardware restriction? No. Pure software. In 8.8 they just put -1 to second type of AA just to be sure it will not be used, but you can change it in ATT and I'm sure it works.

16. Jackalantern

Jackalantern New Member

GPU:
    HIS 1650GT AGP 512
    I have a question regarding the saturation setting. I've been using ATT now for about a year with a HP 21'' CRT Trinitron monitor with fantastic results when I've tweaked the saturation/digital vibrance and contrast to a good balance.

I've however recently switched to an Acer 22'' LCD Widescreen and now, even though the contrast seems to still work when adjusted, the saturation does not. Also, before I switched monitors I did a complete and clean uninstall of the previous version of ATT and ATI Drivers.

I may be ignorant as to why this happens but I haven't found any useful information on google and thought I'd see if this could indeed be some issue/restriction with ATT?

17. homberg

homberg Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AG
    Hi,
    i report crashed windows to BSOD after installing new beta ATT *64 :(

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Is it doesn't work or work in wrong way?

Really useful report.

19. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Oh, you know, I bet the problem is in the blue screen part of the code, under the crashNowWithBSODMysteriously(void lol) function.

20. henri200

henri200 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 512mb
    I have a problem, when i make a game profile (or just change Direct3D graphic settings) the computer makes restart. Def. clock.

Sapphire HD4850, 8.8 drivers and v1.5.8.1264 ATT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.