Star wars franchise destroyed?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by masterchiefx2, Aug 17, 2008.

1. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    i decided to see the new animated star wars movie, The clone wars jesus it was crap

i mean the 3 prequel movies to the orginals sucked i wasnt even alive when the older ones come out but i still liked em, will george lucas ever let it go

what would be good is if he made a star wars movie based on a different time period which had nothing to do with vader or anything but was still to do with the star wars universe.

also why did he have to write his own script for the new indianna movie it could been alot better if he stuck to the orginal books, the crystal skul legend has been proven to be untrue LOL wheres the mystery in it now

disappointed again

i mean there still tryin to squeeze as much outta the story by using the gap between films 3-4 i mean come on

2. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    100% agreed & I'm a long time SW supporter. Let it go George. The only good Star Wars entertainment I like now are the books.

3. alpha2beta

alpha2beta Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 3080
    I totally agree with you. All they are trying to do is rape it and get the most money they possibility can.

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    any good story that keeps getting extended typically can only go so far.
    leaving the original star wars stories alone doesnt really do anything for anyone, it just sits there with people wishing for more. that leaves behind high expectations.

to me it seems most of those who are dissapointed were the ones who saw those movies as a kid, the perspective might be different to a kid who's seeing them all for the first time now.

either way, star wars is a cash cow...like so many 80's era movies, tv shows and toys...all trying to take from the wallets of the 80's kids....likely movies today willbe remade in 20 years for the same purpose

5. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
    2x256MB Geforce 7800GTs in SLi
    FINALLY! ... oh no wait, maybe I am thinking about Star Trek... :)

Seriously,

Not seen this one myself but have not heard one good post/review/word since it became watchable to the general population.

I also never could get into the the 'prequels'.

The only reason I ever watched the first 3 Star Wars movies (the 'sequels') in the first place was becuase of a movie called 'Spaceballs'. So I expected much, but after watching The Phantom Menace I decided to skip the rest.

Looks like this new animated one will also NOT be on my list of things to watch.

6. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Thanks for your comments probably won't watch it just because it's missing the whole ''special effects'' which is the only reason why I even seen a SW movie in the first place

7. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    All I can tell you is to watch the origonal animated series of the clone wars. the new one is just fancier graphics and a dumbed down flick for kids.

I have not seen the new version but I have read that George seen the tv animated series and thought that he would have a go at it for the big screen.

I dl'd the tv series only last week and the family watched it together and all thought that it made the last 3 films a lot more complete....But ,they are still a muddle and tripe really.

I seen the series on Irish tv just before the release of the ROTS ep3 and I thought that they where great.

Give it a go. Ile pm you the link if you want.

ps,when I seen general Grevious in the ROTS after seen the clone wars tv ep's I was very dissapointed ,he is one kick ass dude in the CW tv and you get to see why he is so feared.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  8. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    Star Wars has sucked ever since they started basing the movies off of fan-fiction (Episode 1?).

9. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Saw Clone Wars today, and while the action was good, the storyline had numerous gaping holes in it. If episode 3 (revenge of the sith) tied episodes two and four together, then Clone Wars broke two and three apart. The dialague was about as bad as the storyline, too. I think I'd like to forget that I even saw this movie at all.

10. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
    Saw the adverts for the new Star Wars and i could tell that it was going to be a disappointment. After watching the last 3, it never had the same feeling, as when watching the Old school star wars movies in the 80/90s (For me).

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008

11. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    tbh, I didn't find them that unpleasant. Granted there was always that one stupid scene in each movie that I couldn't stand.

However, there is no way in hell that I'd pay to see the animated star wars.

12. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    It was destroyed years ago.

13. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I have to agree. First three parts (actually parts 4,5 and 6) were very good and actually felt as some very high budget stuff. But when i watched new ones i got feeling like i'm watching some low budget soup opera stuff.

14. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    imo the higher the budget the worse the movies seem to get in some cases

i mean wall E how the hell did it cost them 180million dollarzz to produce crazy (good movie though)

and the toy story 3 movie is twice the cost of no 2 which was already significantly more than the 1st

15. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Horrible movie

16. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    the graphics on episode 2 and 3 were pretty cool imo though

17. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    I've been a Starwars fan for a long time, and while I didn't love the prequels, I was able to live with them. I mean, even the original movies were pretty cheesy. Luke Skywalker is one of the most annoying characters in any movie. I don't plan on seeing the new Clone Wars movie because it wreaks of Morning American Cartoons, which used to be awesome back in the day (Transformers, G.I. Joe), but today are just massive diarrhea fests.

I wish George would stop writing and just use Timothy Zahn's novels as a sequal to 4,5 and 6 or make an X-wing series based on Michael Stackpole and Aaron Allston's X-wing series. Or at the very least, stop butchering his original story.

18. IriSh`

IriSh` Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950 256MB
    They honestly could have made this so much better but unfortunately they wanted to make a movie for children with terrible dialog and horrible action scenes. The play-dough looking characters were terribly done imo and could have been made to look much better even if they wanted to stay with the 'retro' look. Honestly, if they would have even tried an ounce this could have been entertaining at the least.

19. lblrydr

lblrydr Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia 8800GT 512MB 600/900
    Just like Final Fantasy VII rape it for all the money its worth

20. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I sorta liked the prequels but not as much as the originals with Harrison for and Mark Hamill,but this cartoon I knew would be just stupid because its a cartoon about clone wars and its already been covered.