Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ....maybe.

2. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    light at the end of the tunnel lol

3. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    What is the world coming to....

It's not possible?

[​IMG]

How... I couldn't tell the difference in sound quality. Not that I was ever expecting it. So how would it be possible to distort the signal. :s

It never happened the time I ran it. Which was quite sometime before I went to analog.

[​IMG]

All the way right to the cable connector just like the plastic connector. Considering it's the same diameter as the Auzentech plastic supplied ones but much stronger. It's a rigid connector.

Why does one automatically assume it breaks ones wallet? It came with the optical cable, and what made you think it was a monster cable? It isn't. SLx is the brand or company. It cost me just under £5 GBP.

Anyway, I never bought it a year ago for the connector. I needed some optical cables, then when I saw the bundled connector, I thought I'll just get that. That looks like a good sturdy connector that wont break.

All this fuss over a connector and optical cable. It's unreal.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    for one, i never said that your cable was from Monster. Could kinda tell that by the bit of visible sleeving on the cable itself in the other pic, as well as the fact that the connector isn't branded out the a**.

Second.... you should have looked into that first statement of mine that you quoted. How exactly would it be possible to have a metal ROD down the center? rod = solid... i.e. no hole down the center for light to pass through.

Third, i said could POSSIBLY distort signal. didn't say it WOULD, seeing as i've never used a different adapter than the one provided by Auzentech.

Fourth.... does the metal actually go the WHOLE LENGTH of that pin, or is it only where it connects to the optical cable and to the port on the sound card? because in the first pic you just posted, it looks like it stops at right about the same point where you see an altercation to the plastic in the Auzentech-provided one. I also wouldn't really see any point to them covering a metal tube in a razor thin bit of plastic going by the pic you posted a few posts ago. I mean.... if it has the metal... why wouldn't they have just left the plastic off of the large pin? Wouldn't be because of possibly frying something due to metal coming in contact with the contacts for a coax cable, because that would also have to come into contact with the outer edge of the connector as well.

5. Zillator

Zillator Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4870
    Ever since I installed the latest RC6 driver, I've been having this weird issue:
    I use Foobar configured to ASIO output to play my audio files. Everything works fine until I put my computer to S3 (sleep mode). When I start the PC up, the Foobar just doesn't play anything and I don't even hear anything when going to ASIO configuration. But when I restart the computer, all is fine again. :bang:

I never had this problem with previous versions of the driver. Anyone experiencing the same or having any advice/suggestions? :confused:

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    what OS?

7. Zillator

Zillator Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4870
    Sorry, forgot to write that - it's Win XP Pro (32 bit)...

8. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Maybe I am just more careful with fragile computer equipment because I work with it 40hrs a week as my job?

Plastic really isn't uncommon in computer parts... Have you ever assembled a computer? Did you break the RAM latches when installing the memory?

Considering everything you get in this card for $140(US) I wasn't expecting some elaborate optical adapter other than the standard plastic. Also you know metal refracts light when moving from plastic, right? You can't just add a piece of metal support at the end and expect as clear a signal.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  9. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    the drivers are still being worked on and these are the best to date they have some bugs (still ddl) best thing to do is send a ticket to Auzentech and ask the same question
    http://www.auzensupport.com/support/indext.php

10. mpnico

mpnico Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    I have the same probleme with Dolby Digital Live. Since RC6 drivers, when I put my computer into sleep mode, DDL won't work anymore after wake-up if I don't restart it.

With RC5 / RC6 / Beta 1.1 drivers, I have another issue relative to sleep mode : my computer doesn't go into sleep mode by itself when DDL or DTS-C is activated, but it does when I desactived DDL or DTS-C encoding ! With RC6, the computer never goes into sleep mode automatically, even if DDL is desactived.

I already reported those problems to auzentech support without any solution for the moment.

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I didnt say plastic was uncommon in computer hardware, I just saying I wish they used something a bit stronger or made it harder to break.

If not metal then something esle that doesnt refact light but doesnt break as easy is all I asking. I wish I paid 140 for my prelude, But I didnt. I paid 200 when I got it on pre-order. I wouldnt mind if they included what VF pasted a picture of instead of those plastic ones. But It doesnt help me now.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Now I just realize it wasnt the Digital input with the stupid plastic thing thats broke. After looking a the cable that plug from my z5500 that was into my card. Its my Digital out, I cant even use DD live on my Z5500s any more because of those plastic adapters. And I do not want to unplug my headphones to use my Z5500's. And my headphones cant be driven from my Z5500 control pod. >:|

13. Denniz

Denniz New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GT 512MB
    Hi, I've been reading large parts of this thread but I have 2 questions then I'm not really certain about:

I'm using a brandnew Logitech Z5500 Digital speakerset with the Auzentech Prelude on Windows Vista 32-bit.

1) Can I connect both the analog cables AND the digital optical cable from my soundcard to the speakerset all at the same time? Or can I only connect either analog OR optical (but not both)? If it is possible to connect both at the same time, then I reckon I switch between analog and digital in the Windows/Auzentech software control panel?

2) If I use analog, then on which side is it better to configure/adjust the volume/treble/bass/equalizer, on the speaker-side or within the software of Windows/Auzentech (or perhaps both)?

I'm not really knowledgeable about these kind of things. :idea:

14. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce™ 8800 GTS Fat
    Of coarse you can have both connected. To switch then between digital or analog you would select a different input on the Z5500 control or remote.

Well there is no perfect way in doing this. I used to have my amp set to a higher volume and change the volume on my pc side, however this can easier cause a hum sound but sounds have more quality to my own ear. If you do it the other way around, I'd say set the pc volume to around 75-80% and then change the volume on your Z5500 remote, this might perhaps be the best way to do it. Again, this is up to personal preference in my opinion and there is no correct way of doing this.

No worries. Only a fool never ask and end up never knowing. What is worse? Never knowing or actually learning and become a little bit more knowledgeable?

15. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Sure, you can connect both digital and analog. it's all up to you and you can easily select any of them with z5500's controls. what I've done myself is that I only use one analog cable (not included triple one) and the optical or coax for digital. this way if I need to reproduce a 5.1 content (movies, games, etc.) I use digital, for good ol' music I use analog.

but, like Tinuva said man, there's no absolute rule for this. some prefer convenience over quality and others prefer otherwise. it's all up to. you just make sure you enjoy your rig. I do. :)

16. Denniz

Denniz New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GT 512MB
    Thx for the info guys, I'm managed to work it all out. It wasn't easy at first and rather confusing in the beginning, cause there isn't just one simple place to configure everything. I had to do stuff in 4 different places, the Control Center of my Logitech speakers, the Audio Console of Auzentech, the Sound settings in the Vista Control Panel and finally in the multimedia software.

But it's working now! :)

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    -once everything is set your good. It is good practice figuring out where all your settings are for everything.

18. SScorpio

SScorpio Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX

19. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    this r6 driver related sound stop i.e on off for under a second in game only . if any one has a gigabyte board go into the MB intelligent tweaker go to load balancer and set it to enable (auto default) i did set it to off before r6 driver and system was ok after the r6 driver i got blue screens . this is odd i was stable before but enable sorted it.

since then i have not had it . this goes for other motherboards with them same sort of auto cpu load volts to mb ..

20. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I have a Gigabyte board, but I've never seen such feature in mine. R6 is working beautifully, BTW.