ATT beta version with HD 4xxx support.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mh_84

mh_84 New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4850 512mb
    Thank you for great program.
    I'm having a small problem tho. When using clone mode, my desktop resolution also changes to 1024x768. Before, my desktop stayed at 1280x960 when I used clone for my TV.

2. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    another very fine release from Ray, thank you for your effort mate, expecially the proper fan control is a must have something that ati didnt fix yet

3. Leopardi

Leopardi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB
    When "show as DDR" is ticked, it only doubles the clocks, when it should be multiplied by 4.

And 3D profiles or fan profiles won't load on startup.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  4. r0sWell

r0sWell Member

GPU:
    MSI Hawk 5770 @ 1015/1380
    i'd like to thank you for the ATT update, working well :)

i have a question about overclocking on my Sapphire Radeon 4850 :

- what voltage should i set for overclocking mode ?
    - what is the max safe voltage for the 4850 ?

i didn't find precise comments about it.

if i don't touch anything it's set to 1.044v which is OK in 2D mode, but i have computer freezes after 2-3 minutes in games if ATT is running (so still @ 1.044v if i don't manually change it, i suppose the drivers auto-regulate the voltages when ATT is off ?)

i tried to set 1.082v for 3D mode @ 650/1050 which seems to be OK, but yesterday i had a 5 sec. freeze in a game.

i don't know if it's safe or if i can set higher voltages ?

Thx :)

5. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Ofc you can, but then you have to hit F8 under each startup/reboot, which is not really an option for me.

6. Nafets1

Nafets1 Active Member

GPU:
    Do not undervolt your HD4850 for 3DHP state. You want to use the default voltage of 1.082v during gaming or overclocking.

It should be perfectly safe to use 1.046v for 2D/3DLP states.

There is no need to use ATT to control your voltages, as PowerPlay should properly apply the correct 2D/3DLP/3DHP state using the values set in your BIOS.

If you do use ATT to modify and set your GPU/MEM clocks for any state, make sure you also set the proper voltage.

Default Older HD4850 BIOS
    GPU/MEMORY @ VOLTAGE
    2D - 500/750 @ 1.046v
    3DLP - 500/750 @ 1.046v
    3DHP - 625/993 @ 1.082v

Updated Newer HD4850 BIOS
    GPU/MEMORY @ VOLTAGE
    2D - 160/500 @ 1.046v
    3DLP - 500/750 @ 1.046v
    3DHP - 625/993 @ 1.082v

Any instabilities when overclocking is usually a good sign that your GPU/MEMORY speeds are too high...

7. VuurVOS

VuurVOS Member

GPU:
    2x HD4870 512MB (CF)
    Your right. Its a bug in the fan controller. When the bug is still active you get unwanted spin ups.

When do they happend?
    -When heating up once (around 60 degree)
    -Nice never ending loop when cooling down (with locked fan speed) below 47 degrees. When switching back to automatic it will get in een fan loop at 47/48 degree. This only happens when GPU-Z is running

@Ray Adams
    Can you add the third fan methode? I realy like it because the fan speeding up/down is nice and smooth.

8. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Just wanted to give ATT a try, so i disabled driver signing once. Anyway, any changes you have made with ATT including overclocking and so forth, gets reset back to default if the application is uninstalled right?

9. STaRGaZeR

STaRGaZeR Member

GPU:
    _
    Hi there Ray. A few suggestions to improve ATT:

When a 4870 is detected, under Hardware - Overclocking - Show as DDR, the number has to be multiplied by 4, not 2, as GDDR5 is QDR not DDR. 900Mhz = 3600MHz for example.

Is it possible to add sliders for the settings under Avivo Video in CCC? For Color correction, Flesh tone correction, Edge-enhancement and Noise reduction.

In Cats8.8 and followings Adaptive AA is going to have only two options, perfomance and quality. Multisampling and supersampling will disappear, so be ready :D

BTW before ATT had separate options for OpenGL and DirectX applications, now I see only '3D settings'. Anything about this?

Keep the good work, lots of people really appreciate it :)

10. icxwings

icxwings Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4870 X2
    I'm on x64 and I'm using ATT just fine.

Yup, I'm having that problem too.

Another thing I noticed with the new ATT (don't know if this is just happening to me) is after every reboot, just before Windows loads ATT, my monitor will restart itself. I don't know what setting in ATT does this but I un-installed ATT temporarily and rebooted my PC and my monitor didn't restart (turned off and then on again). Installed ATT again and it restarted.

Another minor annoyance that I can live with but it'd be good to know why it's happening and if it can be fixed.

11. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    How? You are probably using some kind of "hack" then to bypass the vista x64 driver signing, or just pushing F8 and disabling the thing on every boot/reboot, which is something i would rather not do.

And again:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  12. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Wicked sick thing! 4xFSAA + 2xTAA + Edge-Detect = nom nom nom nom
    Plus it appears to work better at 700MHz than when i flashed the card with such clock...

13. icxwings

icxwings Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4870 X2
    Check the previous posts and find the link for ReadyDriverPlus. It does that F8 thing automatically for you and there will be around 6-10 seconds of delay during bootup. Worth it, though.

14. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    All versions have worked ok, expect i still have this problem with "too low" 3dMark('06) results.

I use now only ATT with 8.8beta(i uninstalled drivers first then reinstalled them w/out CCC) drivers and i use to get around 15800p before(790/1100) and now i get 15300p with 830/1100 so something is clearly wrong.

I have checked everything, AA/AF doesn't seem to be on, i've made profile for 3dMark with auto-balanced settings and so on, OC kick in normally etc.

Also there's something wrong with Furmark 1.40. i get only under 3000p while i should get maybe 6000p or something. Fps in Furmark doesn't rise above 63-69 and i don't have vsync etc on(?)

Here in Finland some guy also said in one Finnish forum that he lost 1200p in 3dMark after installing ATT, so is there some "strange" setting what none of us notice/can't correct?

15. LuxZg

LuxZg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD4890
    Well, I can't say what's with 3DMark, but I know exactly what happened to FurMark. ATi driver team disabled it cos it was burning way too many cards. So they've just halved the resources it gets. If you rename executable file you'll get your marks, but I have never used it as I don't like what I'm reading about that program and it's 126C VRM heating and so on.. and since no game comes even half that way, I'm skipping on it altogether, and I'm glad ATi did this change in their BIOS.

As for 3dMArk, try LOWERING your clocks to 790/1100, since a lot of people have reported that once you get to certain overclock you start to lose points. So just give it a try, maybe that's the reason. And it could also be beta driver etc. Also, try turning off ATT. If you get the same score, than it certainly isn't ATT's problem.

16. r0sWell

r0sWell Member

GPU:
    MSI Hawk 5770 @ 1015/1380

thx for the answer, i understand now why i had freezes in every game : voltage was still set to 1.044v for a 650/1050 overclocking (3D mode).
    it's now OK with 1.082v

thx

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Max volts for HD4850 and 725 on core was artefact free in CS:S which tends to artefact first out of all games... aiming for 750MHz though. I have to admit it, it clocks freakin better with ATT than with anything else. Unless those 725MHz isn't actually 750 but 625 stock hehe...

18. blownapart

blownapart Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 900/1200
    When I try to set fan speed 'Automatic Depending on Temp.' I get strange stutters in fan rpm (as reported by GPU-Z and ATT fan % in overclocking window). IE, it will spike from 0% to 30% then 0% to 30% etc.
    I created a desktop and gaming profile with fixed fan speeds to get around this temporarily.

Anyway, thanks Ray, I just came back to red team and had forgotten how much I love ATT. For a Beta it's working well. I tossed CCC and am using this exclusively with CAT 8.8b and all seems well except for the above bug. Anybody else getting this?

19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 icxwings
    This check box will be checked if you hit load button in Overclocking window.
    I have no problems with fan settings loaded at startup. May be you just scared about check box ony? May be FAN settings are applied? :)

Don't tell me about it. I mean about TV Out/Display module. Its really must be removed from ATT to stop such reports :) Read my post about removing some features from ATT. BTW. When you doi same in CCC does your screen resolution remains at 1280?

Your boards default state is third method. Also you can click on reset FAN button to revert to that mode.

Uninstalled?

I know about it. Will be in next releases.

No. I don't want even to touch them! Most of Avivo functions doesn't work in ATT using Catalyst procedures under Vista. And I don't know why! :(

Lets wait for release version. I don't trust beta versions of Catalyst :)

Forget about old separate modes. I do not recommend to use it.

20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 icxwings

As I wrote before. Everything works fine. Check what you did wrong.

Have no idea. Sorry.

2 Raikku - Do not forget to completely disable FPS/OSD for any benchmarks!

I don';t think this is ATT issue :) Again as it was with HD 3xxx this can a problem of BIOS FAN settings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.