Uk! - we need a new computer store! Selling hardware! , i may consider! Read this!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by d1fferent, Aug 6, 2008.

1. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Hello all,

I saw the USA tread needing new store, ryt we need one selling all latest hardware at same prices of newegg and to position one in Ipswich and one in London.

Prices try to be like newegg... :D

What does anyone think??

Would anyone buy from it??

All these question I am only asking because if get enough responses I may consider doing it....

Thanks all please this thread with a lot of seriousness as a lot of you gamers may become very happy, :D

anyway what are your thoughts please I will be overwhelmed with all your comments,

People so far think good idea :-

• hermitd
    • masterchiefx2
    • Skiddywinks

thanks,

d1fferent,

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  2. hermitd

hermitd Member

GPU:
    HP 8400GS 256 MB PCIe x1
    well i buy components from various internet shops all the time... i have used some since 2002 and some as and when i found them... as long as prices are comparable and delivery is equal or better you are on a winning formula...

3. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Ok, thanks for feedback

Looking for more feedback to make it happen :D:)

Where to locate it to?

and is market big enough?

so many questions need answering lol,

d1fferent,

4. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    tell you what i want i want a pc store which sells oem and normal pc hardware but at competitive prices that match online sellers so i can just pay and take home the item without waiting on delivery etc. and see the items in person and im not talking about pcworld i mean hardware not pre built pc's

5. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Thats what I am saying mate,

Not like PCworld extreme priced but competive prices and you can but it from a store no delievery costs,

So you will think it good idea?

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    If the prices are the cheapest around (once delivery is factored in), then I will buy from you everytime.

Also, that personal touch helps. I.e., asking for a certain stepping of CPU, or an older/newer revision of other components, and actually honouring the request.

7. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Yes sure, but what would be best location?

And yes that is a good idea about stepping thank you for tip mate,

Because I first thought of this as I would rather buy hardware from a local shop brand new no p&p and at good fair competitive prices unlike PC worlds rip off prices and call it something like...

"Gamers Heaven"

Green and red colour scheme (nvidia vs ati)

Can anyone suggest any names?

Or any other ideas?

d1fferent,

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  8. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH

yeah, KOMPLETE :)

god i miss komplett lol

9. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
  10. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A

11. AleksandarT

AleksandarT Member

GPU:
    Inno3D 8800GT 512M DDR3
    Its a great idea i would say for your country , anyway you might consider shipping to some other Locations in europe as well

12. Mochen

Mochen Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX275 OCX
    Yeah it's a good idea. Are thinking of setting up an actual shop or just an online shop?

13. hermitd

hermitd Member

GPU:
    HP 8400GS 256 MB PCIe x1
    well you can have what is typically an online operation... you can book stuff online and either get it delivered or can pick it up..
    choosing a location is very difficult one..
    i once wanted stuff from an online shop based somewhere in harlow... i just nipped over to the office (which is linked to a warehouse on the side, from where the operations are actually run)
    It was handy but the thing to remember is that while you might serve x volume... the is 100 - x which will still require delivery... 100 - x is going to be pretty large volume...

another thing about shipping is that make it less with more order value... ebuyer used to do good at one point where you got free delivery over 100 quid... now you can free over 50 quid but thats a 5 day one... have option of using cheaper royalmail delivery for smaller items etc...
    novatech do a cheap next day delivery for like 4 quid... if you see enough volume... get a good deal with the couriers

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    the market is saturated in the UK, thats why Komplett closed, yet they still sell in ireland because we only have komplett.ie which have( or rather will very soon have ) a presence here, dabs.ie and pixmania.ie are just selling from the uk( hence no buying tv's etc )

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Where are you going to get your stock from to do it so cheap.

16. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    Not only is the cheap stock a problem, but the reason why most retail stores are more expensive then there counterparts is you have to pay for your premesis, furnishing the store, full time wages as well as earning your own money, and for a warehouse or area to store all your backroom stock. All these factors together make it difficult to price competetively with etailers.

If you could pull it off though and price competetively enough with etailers then i wish you all the best. I really wish the highstreet had the same variety/prices as online stores...

17. grunger

grunger Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 4GB
    We resell hardware, and there is very little margin in doing so these days.

You will need trading accounts with distribution (people that only sell to the channel) people like MicroP, VIP ,KMS, Enta, Target etc.

But, if you can buy a 8800GT 1GB from distribution at £94 ex VAT which I can, you then have to add the cost of delivery (£10 per order), VAT before you've added your overheads (staff wages, rent, rates, ISP, electricity, water, gas) Only then is there a profit for you. Its hard work.

The only way to make money, just doing hardware is to do it online - no physicall premisis cuts alot of the overheads, and to buy in massive bulk to get the discounts.