Refresh Forcing

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Splitstep, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Splitstep

Splitstep New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GS
    Hi All! I LOVE GURU3d!!!!! I come here for all my gpu needs :) Which is why i came here when i just couldnt figure out my problem. OK SO! i tried to write it all out in a paragraph and failed. so i though it would be easier like this.

*i play HL-FA a half-life ONE modifacation.
    *had a radeon x850xt and CCC had built in 3dapp refresh overide.
    * <3 100hz
    *Got a new Geforce 7900GS
    *New driver/control panel lacks refresh override/force section
    *I need help Forceing Refresh rates in a Hl1 mod.
    *the old nvidia drivers/control panel had refresh overrides.
    *yes my monitor supports 100hz.

I have tried
    -Riva Tuner
    -Reforce
    -Nvfixsfx

All these fail to force the refresh to 100hz ingame (hl1)

I was able to get it to work with source...

Im thinking that maybe i just need to get an older driver... one that had the refresh schtuff... Where do i get?
    Or its there a way to add Half-life mods to that game list already in the controlpanel. I try to add a shortcut to the hl-mod, but it just adds steam.

Does any1 know what i should do? Thankyou!!!!

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  3. Mr.DJ

Mr.DJ Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970
    And if you don't like to edit files, you can also use a small tool called refreshlock v2.21 Look her: http://www.page*hosting.co.uk/r*l/download.html

It works on Vista too!!! Used it myself before changing to a LCD monitor.

It works by reading your monitors "profile driver" and lets you select up to the maximum supported refreshrate and "force" it on. It can easily be enabled/disabled as you desire.

However, if your currently using the "standard" windows pnp monitor driver, you may not be able to fully use the max supported refreshrate your monitor support but up to 85Hz I believe, as this was selected by microsoft as an safe max value.

Cheers