Wierd computer anomaly

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Robbie Man, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    So yesterday I turned off the PC to clean out the cat hairs and crud that was in there, and the only things I unpluged was the Vid card and ram to blow dust out of them. So anyways after I was done, pluged everything in and reboted but no video on my screen but pc was booting and hdd was running ect. So after i ****ed with it for like 4 hrs I gave up thinking my vid card maybe shorted out or my Motherboard. So after a day I was pretty bummed about it, I mean **** iv spent like over 1,500 USD on it, anyone would be bummed right? So long story short today after work i unpluged EVERYTHING and only booted with HDD then reset CMOS and then pluged everything back in and walla, my video is back, pc is workin fine.
    What Id like to know or maybe you guys know what could have caused this?
    removing the RAM? All I knows is im just happy my pc is workin again :)

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    paragraphs???????????????

3. cette

cette Active Member

GPU:
    Maybe the cat hairs and curd was playing a more important role. :) . I often when tinkering keep a hammer close by, this is used to scare the com into submission.

4. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    You probably didn't seat the ram or video card properly. Maybe a rogue cat hair got in the connection.

5. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    I have had this problem and seen it posted here by others. In my experience, it is because the RAM has not be reinserted properly.

6. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    In my experience it's a general "anything" not plugged in properly. xD Just give everything a double check and reset the BIOS.