Copying rivatuner settings

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by J-Wo, Jul 23, 2008.

1. J-Wo

J-Wo Member

GPU:
    KFA2 9600GT 512Mb @ 743/1750/1026
    How can I copy my rivatuner settings or profile between installs? I just upgraded from WinXP 32-bit to Vista 64-bit, installing Vista on a 2nd hard drive. I can boot back into WinXP and copy all my fan speed and OC profile by hand but I thought there must be an easier way, no? Thanks!

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    From regedit. Export/import >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unwinder

3. MrWoo

MrWoo Active Member

Yes, exporting the registry values does work. However, sadly, it is prone to corruptions. I have done this perhaps over 30 times in the last year or two. My buds have done this as well. I have modified my registry files in the effect of trying to make it easy on a reinstall, which I do often.

While the values are properly merged, and are present in RT, I have found that after a time things get screwed up. Fan profiles go missing suddenly, etc.

Now I have set it up so often, and with Unwinders very nice new features of the scheduler instead of the old thresholds, I don't bother with the reg files.

You may find that the reg files work great. If you start seeing very wierd happenings, my advice would be to get back to square one and start over the manual way.

MrWoo.