[XF]nVIDIA ForceWare 177.66

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by me3850, Jul 13, 2008.

1. ginfest

ginfest New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 260 GTX

I played AoC all day yesterday with these drivers and had no problems at all.
    I was originally using a 9800/175.xx drvs and AoC was fine. Then I went with a 4870/Cat 8.6 "hotfix" and had all kinds of problems, heat, noise, and "flickering" textures in AoC
    I'm using a 260 GTX and Vista x64, not sure if these later drivers work better with the newer cards as opposed to the older?

2. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce

Works flawless with AoC single gpu mode for me, soon as I enable SLI I have a great risc of getting a bsod, and the nvldd error.[Bsod occurs independetly of online time, busyness, how many people / mobs / spells cast, and the gpu heat temp, so even though it could be a PSU error I think it is unlikley]

No idea if this is the game or the drivers or both.

Vista x64.

I really see no gain in FPS either in AoC with SLI, only instability. The game is also in dx9 so nothing awsome either, even with shader 3.0.

I mean World in conflict, during dx10 works very well and takes almost 90% advantage of my SLI rig, going on avrg 44 fps during their build in bench with everything litterally maxed out with x16 CSAAq.

3. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    AOC smooth as butter here. Vista 64bit though.

These drivers for my GX2 just keep getting better , find myself playing all my older games again just to see how smooth they are. And i haven't been dissapointed yet.

4. Chi3f

Chi3f Member

GPU:
    Powercolor HD5850

Wich drivers are you using?

5. Aiacos75

Aiacos75 Member

GPU:
    2*8800 GTS 512MB
    AOC working great for me with a 8800GTS 512M SLI but I really did not have any stuttering problem with this game since the 177 series come out.
    With this driver set all is running fine (VISTA 32)

6. Darkuser

Darkuser Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    I'm using 177.66 atm. So far the performance is looking good on 8800GT and IQ is great. Almost seems like they added digital vibrance by default because my desktop is definitely brighter with these. I'm getting some fan speed anomalies though when set on auto speed.

7. scratch42069

scratch42069 Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC 512MB
    All my games run great with this driver. DMC4 and Mass Effect are very smooth and have excellent IQ though I have not tested any previous drivers with DMC4. GTA: San Andreas runs nicely still and appears to have improved IQ, which is a bonus. I gained a few frames in Source-based games too. These drivers are definite keepers for me.

8. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Using the same driver

9. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Anyone else getting a texture bug in Crysis, when cloak/decloak is activated ?

BTW! i`m using winxp 32bit drivers.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes just tried it and just noticed that, its like loads of solid polys coming together at the start when its activated, and they like split up when its deactivated.

Just rolled back to the 177.41's and re-tried it, its fine under those. :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008

11. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    This is probably one of the best drivers for a long time. Really fast with great IQ, for me any way. Played 4 hours of MASS Effect on high settings. No crashes or slow downs no bugs.
    I do notice though that Mass effect has a grainy effect some times does anyone else notice this?

12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    The grainy effect in Mass Effect is an actual game feature made by the developers, it's really not related to the drivers nor should it be considered an issue. I believe it can be disabled from the in-game video options, but I'm not entirely sure, if not then it can be disabled from one of the game's configuration files.

EDIT: Yes indeed, it can be disabled from the in-game video options, it's the Film Grain option, just turn it Off.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  13. Broseybrose

Broseybrose Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    yeah, in the mass effect in-game video options there is a "film grain" on/off setting. personally i couldnt stand it.

14. MessyJesse

MessyJesse Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT 512mb
    Seeing as TF2 is the only game i play, im going back to 177.41 right now. My FPS has definitely droped with .66's. I dont mind having a lower score in Vantage:banana:

15. Mersonix

Mersonix Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 550m
    When's the official release coming out?

16. manovagal

manovagal Member

GPU:
    Powercolor HD7850 OC 2GB
    for best performance on games i need only install (for example)
    Driver 177.99
    Physx 8.06.12

or need install too
    CUDA drivers
    physx SDK

thx in advance

17. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    u Need just the "Driver 177.99" driver, physx support only few games atm

18. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    How exactly are we supposed to know?

19. slitther

slitther Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 580
    :rpg::rpg:can you fry your gpu whit beta drivers?

20. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI

I've never heard of it happening but if your concerned. Just monitor your temps and fan speed.

I use HWmonitor.