Drivers for BFG 7950GT 512MB, help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by eyehategod, Jul 11, 2008.

1. eyehategod

eyehategod New Member

GPU:
    BFG Tech 7950 GT 512MB
    hey everyone, first post here for me
    i used to be really into computer tech, and i custom built this machine and then over the past couple years just throw it upgrades every now and then. i just re-installed Crysis on my computer and it doesn't seem to run well. i'm wondering if i need to use some different drivers.

here is my set up

XP 32-Bit
    AMD 64 4600+
    2GB Ram
    BFG 7950GT 512MB

don't know if you need any other information. i realize that this computer is probably out dated compared to everyone elses, but im not much of a hardcore gamer anymore so it doesn't matter. anyway, could anyone reccomend drivers for me, and possibly a link to download them? it would be really helpful

2. BoudahXL

BoudahXL Member

GPU:
    GTX295 BFG
    174.74 for 7950GT seems to produce better frame rate with games that don't have good SLI support.

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    updating gfx card for 9600gt can give you 2x performance ingames =) i sold 7950gt at same prize than 9600gt cost, u could try

anyways.... when i left 7950gt, 174.74 were the best for me, maybe you could try 177s

4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Besides from what was already being said, Crysis is probably the most demanding game (performance wise) right now. Although a different driver might increase your frames per second a little bit, I'm afraid you will probably have to run the game at a low resolution and with medium settings.

p.s.: Welcome to Guru3D! ;)

5. eyehategod

eyehategod New Member

GPU:
    BFG Tech 7950 GT 512MB
    thats a pretty good idea. i mean im willing to bet if i sold this card on ebay i could probably fetch around $100+ don't you think? if i did that i wouldnt mind dropping $80 out of my pocket for a very solid upgrade. what would you reccomend i get? im on newegg and this looks pretty nice:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143134

what would give me the most bang for my buck, lets say trying to keep it under 200. (also, it seems like video card prices have really dropped over the years! a top of the line card used to be like $300-500)

6. eyehategod

eyehategod New Member

GPU:
    BFG Tech 7950 GT 512MB
    uhg forget it, im so done with crysis. im just going to sell this game. it seriously doesn't look any better than COD4 or FEAR in my opinion. i can play both of those games basically maxed out no problem and they look and play beautifully. but this, i put it on 1024x768 with like medium/high settings and it plays slow and looks ugly as all hell.

i know my system isnt the most up to date but come on. one thing i always give props to the HL2 engine for is that even if you have a bad machine, if you lower the settings it still looks decent enough that its playable. i cant stand engines that unless you have them maxed out they look like ****. uhg.

anyone want to trade me a copy of COD4 for the computer for my copy of Crysis? =P