"Black Hole" is racist

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by kwak, Jul 10, 2008.

1. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
  2. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Doesn't sound like an idiot to me. He's saying exactly what he needs to say to manipulate the system in his favor.

/wonders how fast this thread is going to get locked.

3. -ToasT-

-ToasT- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670
    I would imagine quite quickly...

4. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    They can only cry wolf so many times before people sop caring. We're getting to the tipping point where we're starting to not care.

Let's be honest. There are very few people, in the developed nations anyways, that are actually racist. Most people who get offended simply took something as offensive on purpose for some reason.

5. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    hahahahahaahah....no. You wish that was true.

6. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    I mostly have to agree with Blues here... I will say though that younger people (say under 25 years old or so) are much less racist than previous generations (at least here in the US). But unfortunately, racism is still alive and found in a lot places around the world.

7. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I am actually surprised how many racist people there are in my area.

I know people here that are die hard liberals, and are not voting now that Obama is the Dem. nominee. Some have even specifically told me that do not want to vote for him because he is black.

In the city, there is also a strong racism towards people from the philippines.

I don't understand racism whatsoever. I understand the history of it, but I don't understand how people can still be racist, especially people that did not grow up during the civil rights movement.

I remember seeing a KKK thing on the history channel, and I couldn't even watch it. I have never seen such ignorant people in my life. Their arguments don't even make sense.

8. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I know people who have black friends, but won't vote for Obama because he's black.

9. pyo2004

pyo2004 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 4870 X2
    lol... a white hole.... i guess that's an anti-matter black hole? he may be smarter than you think he is :O
    idiots.

10. Logic Zero

Logic Zero Guest

GPU:
    5870 1GB @ 1000/1300
    It really does depend on the attitude it was said with though, it's hard to tell without actually being there.

And I can't stand racist people either, after living in so many different countries I have seen a lot regarding cultural diversities/races and I think people who are racist have such narrow minds.

11. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    Yeah, I cannot stand when people take things out of context.

Like when Obama called that one reporter "sweetie" or "sweetheart" and she got all upset. I would have loved to tell that reporter to go to any diner in the south. I love how they always call you honey or sweetie.

12. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD

totaly agree +1 :devil:

13. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Political correctness gone wrong, eh.

14. tausau

tausau Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTX
    They should start a campaign and rename the black hole into something like"afro hole":paranoid:

15. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    There are some women at my work place that always call people "flower" or "petal". How is that something to get upset over?!

Anyway, the guy in the story sounds like a tosser, if this is all true.

16. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't know why, but I can't imagine calling someone "petal". hahahaha.

17. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Minorities today have shot themselves in the foot because they over played the 'race card' to the point where now the majority has by and large stopped listening to them.

They have also lessened and cheapened what their predecessors did in the civil rights movement when real discrimination existed.

It's actually quite sad to see.

Many of the anti-discrimination policies put in place in the last 40 years here in the US to make minorities 'equal' have been thrown out because they were found to be unconstitutional by the courts.

I work for the state and racial discrimination claims, unless supported by a preponderance of evidence, are disregarded and even scorned.

I have never understood how you can fight discrimination against minorities by discriminating against another group.

Besides, some of the most 'racist' people I have ever seen are considered 'minorities'. It's okay for them though because "Whitey" has kept them down so long. Kind of makes you wonder.

As for this person getting offended over someone saying "black-hole"; I think the guy is a complete and total idiot. When ever a minority pulls something absurd like this, all they do is make people see how ridiculous things have become.

Obama is Black - meaning of African decent? Since when? People who think Obama is "Black" need to do their home work.

Fact: 'Victim-stance' is the number one reason a person or a people never make forward progress in life. Certain minorities have been wallowing in victim-stance for far too long.

I know many truly successful minorities and the one thing they all have in common is that they got over all the bull sh*t and took advantage of the opportunities presented to them.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  18. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    doesnt matter the colour of ones skin.

i do hate people who take things out of context and play race cards, there was a programme on the bbc about working on london underground, a black tube worker got into an argument with a white guy over him using the wrong ticket and trying to fine him, the argument escalated and police were called as the tube worker accused the man of racism, problem was there was about 5 cctv cameras pointed at them and the audio was clearly audible, the man was VERY rude to the tube worker, but after reviewing the tapes there was no racist slander of any kind.

that always stuck in my mind and is something i never forget.

anyway i feel its kinda relevant, dont play the race card, your a human being not a colour.

19. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I agree 100%.

This isn't a racist or bigoted comment, but I would like to see what happens in 20-30 years in the USA when Caucasians become the minority here, how people will act differently, and will racism work on a reversed scale?

20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    a lot of people seem to think that real Africans look like primates (mainly the same facial features of a gorilla) which might explain the increased aggressiveness compared to the white population including during sex, but black people are just as smart and function just as well as any white person and treating them like garbage is just plain wrong because in the end they're still human beings except for the color of the skin. what gives?

the actor who played John Coffey (Michael Clarke Duncan) is a prime example of how good black people can be, he stole the show from Hanks, can you deny how great he really was in that movie? :thumbup: that's one primate who puts to shame many white (evolved) actors for sure.

[​IMG]

or what about TONY TODD (Candyman, The Man From Earth) or Halle Berry (sexy bombshell)?

Racism is quite sad and prejudice is even worse. ;)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008