Whats the deal with CCC failing to launch whenever I change from the 8.5 disk install

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mummert90, Jul 7, 2008.

1. mummert90

mummert90 Member

GPU:
    HD 4850
    I did manage to update to 8.6 once and everything worked correctly. Forget how I did it tho...

I tried the 8.7 beta setup as well and it was a real pain to get CCC to launch with them. Finally got it working tho.

Now I'm trying to go back to 8.6 but every time I install the CCC fails to launch. Just get the mouse icon for a sec or two then nothing.

I read somewhere it has something to do with .net/security but haven't been able to resolve this issue as of yet.

2. wekktor

wekktor Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX470 SC @ 780/1620
    when I have probs to get into CCC, I just launch the driver setup and uninstall ccc manually, and only unistall ccc, restart computer, and then reinstall it manually

3. mummert90

mummert90 Member

GPU:
    HD 4850
    k, I'll give that a shot.

Thanks

4. mummert90

mummert90 Member

GPU:
    HD 4850
    No luck really...

A google search on this turned up plenty of folks having the same problem but no real fix at this time.

Guess the ATI honeymoon is over.

5. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    uninstall normaly as you would uninstall any application, restart ur system, go into safe mode clean all the junk your drivers left with driver cleaner pro.
    Once youre done go back into normal mode and reinstall ati CCC 8.5

8.6 and 8.7 are buggy, even my gfx card crashes the gpu every single second with those drivers.

6. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
  7. mummert90

mummert90 Member

GPU:
    HD 4850
    With XP atm. I'll read that and check tho. I know its possible cause like I said at one time I had 8.6 and 8.7 working-just had to really fight with it. Using 8.5 CCC with the beta video driver atm.

Thanks again for the replies.

8. Waldo

Waldo Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 280
    After a couple of installs, a few drivers back, I could never get CCC to work again. I tried everything I could find and nothing worked. Now I just use ATT and it works so much better than CCC ever did.

9. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    You need .net Framework 2.0 or 3.0 for the ATI CCC but it is true ATI Tray Tool out does CCC

10. bacan

bacan Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 470 SLI
    I had the same problems yesterday in XP with Cat8.6Hotfix, CCC installs but won't start.
    I spent 3 hours screwing around and finally this had worked. (I read it on official amd forum)

If all Catalyst components are installed fine except CCC do this:

1.Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 1.0 and install it.
    2.Go to control panel-remove programs and uninstall CCC only!
    3.Start Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 1.0 and remove CCC entries only.
    4.Use your file explorer and go to C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ and delete manually if folder ATI.ACE is still there!
    5.Install last working CCC or that one you already tried and restart when it finishes.

When it restarts it should be fine now.

This works almost every time if your .NET framework (2.0 at least) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 are already installed correctly.

I hope that this can help you.

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008

11. mummert90

mummert90 Member

GPU:
    HD 4850
    Sounds good Bacan, I'll try that now.

I have all the .net stuff-heck I even reinstalled most of it. I tried the other fix listed above with no luck.

Nice! That worked like a charm. Thanks everyone for your input and nice find Bacan.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008