DNA ATi 8.7.B Vista Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by KillerSneak, Jul 7, 2008.

1. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
  2. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Interesting, anyone tried these yet?

3. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Thx, hopefully these are more stable than the ordinary 8.7 on HD4000 cards??!

4. supjeje

supjeje Member

GPU:
    Sapphire hd 2900xt/512
    Hi,

does "Direct3D/X Tweaks" and "OpenGL tweaks" are present in this version? (like in DNA ATi 8.6)

5. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Should work without problems.

Yes they are, every version get's the tweaks and in this set they have been updated

6. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    What is the OGL 7.1 fix??

7. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    It will install the Driver with the Catalyst 7.11 OpenGL file. I got allot of requests to add this option as it's one of the last OpenGL files that works with Valve Hammer (mapping tool for HL/Hl2 games)

8. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Ok, thx. Good to know.

I have got 0x7e bsod two times when installing dna drivers. Once with the 8.6 and now with this one??

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  9. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    When and how? This is the first time i hear about this / such an error when installing the drivers.

10. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    I wish you would release some sort of statement whith your drivers, something like, "these drivers are aimed at better performance" or "greater IQ". I don't know what your drivers stand for or attempt to accomplish, or how they differ from other ATI drivers. Please please please elaborate.

11. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    You're right.
    http://www.donotargue.com/Drivers.html <- here are some key points. Maybe i should make it more clear in the Readme / download page? My aim is to give better gaming performance wihout the loss of IQ, imho the standart given IQ of ATi is great. I try to get some more FPS out of the drivers wihout the sacrefice of IQ. I'm also offering a large expansion of 3rd party support including Mobility, IGP and FireGL.

12. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    Im gonna give them a go... I like ur objectives and its really nice of u to do this on ur spare time :)

I thank u... hopefully... if they work good haha :D :funny:

EDIT:

Uhm no, not good, First 3DMark06 complains saying i dont have Pixel Shader 3 o_O ok, then i go to CCC and no crossfire enabled o_O so i try to activate it nothing happens o_O reboot and it crossfire is alive. I fire 3DMark06, same error again but i still do it, loose 100 marks (Compared to original 8.7 Beta). Then i think "this has to be a misstake, lets try some real games... Ohh... Mass Effect"
    WINDOWS DONG!! Error no compatible graphics installed on ur PC... -.- .... :bang::bang::bang::bang: Uninstall...

Thanks for the effort thou...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  13. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Right when installing the driver, I read about the 0x7e and it can happen when drivers are unsigned??

14. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Thanks for the info, can you run the DeviceID Tool and give me the DeviceID it shows, your OS version and did you run the un-install -> reboot -> before installing the drivers?

Yeah Mass Effect is a great game. I'm trying to get the drivers a bit more optimized for this game as well, and it's running okey here.

I'm not aware of this error code, i will have to look into this error code (and try to find out what could produce this error) Also I'm running the ReadyDriver that comes with it so DriverSigning is turned off here with VISTA 64bit

15. Grand

Grand Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 580
    Hello, what about XP version? Will be provided? Thanks

16. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Hey KillerSneak I'm curious before I install these, do I need to run that TDR patch? and is the TDR patch and readydriver safe and can be uninstalled? also it looks like your have 2x3870's, how does those run with your 8.7b on Vista 64?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  17. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Hi, I'm updating the XP drivers to the 8.7.B's aswell hope to finish them asap.

Hi you don't need the TDR patch unless your GFX card keeps resetting the GPU (to say it that way) so only use it when you're in serious trouble with your cards. the 2x 3870's run fine here. I use ReadyDriver to make sure i can install / uninstall the DNA drivers while building / using them and so far it works great without big problems / or the "testing mode" logo's on your desktop. I'm not running the 8.7.B's myself but an internnal build that I'm working on :)

18. RumbleR

RumbleR Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility X1600 256 MB
    Whay there is no ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1600 support? :(

19. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    There is, why? Doesn't the driver install for you? The list given in the previous Readme was only added 3rd party support. SO the X1600 is already working in the default Catalyst drivers it will also work with the DNA ATi drivers.

EDIT: The Guru3D download page isn't the right list for the DNA ATi 8.7.B Vista :) just seen you got the info from there

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  20. RumbleR

RumbleR Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility X1600 256 MB
    How shuold I understand this?