Asus P5K Temps...

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by flyinfinn2, Jun 27, 2008.

1. flyinfinn2

flyinfinn2 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX260 216sp
    Hello guys, my Blitz formula is died after a bad bios update, so i have now a P5K, is a good mobo, no problems at all, all is fine.

But, all the programs are crazy when trying to read mobo temp, pc probe says 191cº, everest says 144cº and bios says -122cº.. But when i turn off, 5 seconds after, is all fine, 32cº.

I have the last bios, 1006, and i dont know whats the problem, my pc is fine, no reboots, no bsod, nothing, is just a bad reading..

Is there a way to fix this?

Thankyou!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I wouldn't worry, some monitoring programs just don't get along with some motherboard sensors. On one of my previous boards Sisoft Sandra would often claim that my CPU temp was above 600C (six hundred degrees) which of course made no sense. PC Probe is known for acting up with certain boards. There is no fix for that other than using more reliable monitoring programs such as Real Temp.

3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    It seems like the motherboard temperature sensor is faulty if even the bios hardware monitor doesn't read it properly. It could also just be the bios though, difficult to tell.

4. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Woops, I had missed that. Are you saying bios reads 122C below zero? If so then like Morbias says either the MB sensor is faulty or the bios version has a glitch.

5. DonMGard

DonMGard Member

GPU:
    Zotac 8800GT 512MB amp! edition
    My P5K-E does the same thing. Just don't use probe. Use HWMonitor or Speedfan.

6. flyinfinn2

flyinfinn2 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX260 216sp
    Is funny, after a entire day using the pc, playing with FSX and rFactor, i dont get the problem anymore, but there is a program that i dont haved used yesterday: Everest...

When i run everest my mb temps goes crazy after 30 minutes or so. Now only speed fan... thanks for the comments guys!