How to stress test SLI graphics cards

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by coxroach1, Jun 22, 2008.

1. coxroach1

coxroach1 Member

GPU:
    MSI HD7950 oc'd
    Hi all

I have just gone to sli and want to stress test my ocing.

In the past i was using atitools and rthdribl. Now i have gone sli, they only stress the first card and not the second.

I know that the sli is working because games are using it but i dont want to use games to stress i want a windows tool.

Any ideas

Thanks

2. GalantVR41062

GalantVR41062 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 CF
    I also noticed this, Mark 03/06 uses SLI. You can stress test in games that use SLI.

~John

3. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    IMO, I would stress each card by it's self till you reach max stable clock on both. Then just set both at the lower overclock of the 2. Then run 3Dmark Vantage or 06 for an hour or so. Then do some gaming and see if they hold up.

4. rentalbrain

rentalbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 7950
    Yeah, agree with Rod, just overclock each card seperately and once you find the limit for both cards, adjust your overall overclock speed to the slower of the two. Always worked for me too.

5. greaterthenjake

greaterthenjake Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gts 320mb Sli648/1674/1836
    Or in the nvidia control panel add ati tool to the list of programs and make a SLI profile for Ati tool it will stress both cards in SLI then. This way u can clock till you get artifacts and back off the clocks. I like this way to OC because temps can change with the cards location in the case, and two cards create much more heat than one at a time int he case. i actually push the AA, and AF all the way up as well really push the cards while scanning in ATItool Hope this works for you.

6. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I was understanding ATI tool does not work correctly in Vista. Did they finally fix it?

7. greaterthenjake

greaterthenjake Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gts 320mb Sli648/1674/1836
    you cannnot change clocks with it as far as i know, still doesnt work for me i just use it to artifact scan. It still functions for that.