Forceware 177.35 out at Nvidia.com

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hollow27, Jun 17, 2008.

1. jimpsar

jimpsar Guest

GPU:
    6900xt MERC 319 XFX
    Hello ,
    I have tried the Vista x64 english setup and after few restarts driver installed.
    It seems to be more stable and pretty fast in AoC and Crysis.
    However I have an issue.I have connected my LCD via HDMI and when I try to resize the desktop to fit the screen it does not do anything.Also DV is unavailable since 174.xx drivers.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you

2. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Lcd tv or monitor mate and at what res.

3. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Testing now with Age of Conan ( wich 177.26 didn't work well with, mayor gfx glitches )

Also will try World In Conflict dx10 where previous 177 drivers had scambled colors when in dx10.

Will comment later :)

/edit,

Comments.

Alright guys, I tested these drivers some now. My initial impression are : Awsome!

In World in Conflict set at:

1680x1050
    x16CSAA
    x16 AF
    All IQ maxed out and DX10 enabled

During the ingame bench I score 104 maximum, 42 average 17 as lowest.

The negative here is that first run on bench I instantly got BSOD followed by x000000024 error, hardwarefailure. Ran the test 11 times after that and the average result is what you can read above. On the 12th run I got the BSOD and x000000024 error again.

- Also DV do not seem to work during SLI, only driver that does this for me atm is 175.12, but that driver have color problems in DX10 with World In Conflict.

Postive is that colors are not scrabled during dx10 as it was with previous 177 drivers and 175/174 ones.

A surprising result was that this driver scored higher average FPS during DX10 then during DX9!

I tried AoC with this driver aswell, not very long but enough to see that it works well, raised average fps by 20 or so FPS, now when standing still I have capped 60 FPS ( vsynch forced ) and in Keshetta while moving I pendle between 39 and 54 fps.

My settings in AoC are:

1680x1050
    x4 AA
    x16 AF
    viewrange 3200
    Quality 75%
    NPC maxed
    All other rendering, quality options highest, or ticked.

Bloom effect off.

Something I noticed is that the stuttering while using shader model 3.0 with AoC have been lowered alot with this driver where it was horrible in all ways yesterday with 175.16 (WHQL ). [FPS was low as hell, sometimes down on 22, and while moving it was around 34 constantly dipping and stuttering.]

More testing on this driver is required though. All in all first impression is = Awesome.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  4. Quad4Life

Quad4Life Member

GPU:
    gtx570 1.075v 870/2040
    well, i got 2nd thoughts about these drivers.. they dont overclock well at all, and they produce to much heat! meaning i got a bsod and artifacts in half life 2 death match, which is a no-no ... so i rolled back to the 175.80.. which are better overclockers for my rig! no more artifacts and no bsod with these!

5. HellasVagabond

HellasVagabond Member

GPU:
    GTX260@ 702/1458/2376
    The laptopvideo2go INFs dont work. ( At least not for everyone )
    The 177.35 drivers is enabling some extra features ( or at least tries to ) thus making the GPU run hotter.

6. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    Anyone with good G92 Sli results??????

Yeah cuz i tried 177.26 and i could'nt even play TF2, i had non-stop crash to desktop :(

I'm sticking with the 175.80 right now but still stuck with some weird UT3 performance.

Ill give it a try anyway but it would be great to get some comments before.

Considering the time between these two release (177.26/177.35) there's probably not much improvement!!!!

THX

7. Odi359

Odi359 New Member

@Protocol_48:

the attached inf is exactly the same i'm using already - nothing changed, menu is english.

8. Nazar78

Nazar78 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY88GT512 850/2000/2280
    wohoo, thanks for the mod inf!

nv ctrl panel > everything highQ (16xaf,aa=off), supersample, trilinear, prerendered=2, clamp, threaded=on, x3buff=on, vsync=on

rivatuner > fan 100%, lower my clocks abit 740/1850/1000

d3d overrider > (all tick)

crysis > 1680x1050, vsync, aa=off, all set to very high, blur at default center

From all beta/whql i've tried, this game has never been smooth! No more stuttering! Now i don't care about running 3dmark06 again which i had 13822 with 175.16.

I'm sooo happy! Thanks again...

Just to share the short fraps clip;

[​IMG]

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    anyways, using old .inf files doesnt work?, thats what i used to do :O

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This is interesting... I upgraded my CPU+RAM+motherboard+case and now my self modded 177.35 drivers don't work. It worked just fine with ASUS P5B, it might be some sort of PCI-E 2.0 thing... By the way ASUS P5Q PRO is so great and so is Antec Three Hundred (great for the price). Räyh! I have to re-activate Vista...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Ok try again, it should work with the full international driver just fine and I have just rechecked it and re-uploaded it, now I'm not sure if it will work with the German localized version or not ( If there is a German only version)

Geforce_177.35_modded_inf_Xp_32-bit_International_only_8kb

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2008
  12. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    I can't get them install on Vista32 with none of the modded inf. Just succeded having an "hybrid" version... I'm waiting for a GTX 260 to arrrive, but I would like to test'em on my 8800GTX... Please help!

13. jinsatoemo

jinsatoemo Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 470
    majorgeeks also have this driver for XP and Vista.

XP

Vista

Just in case you guys need it

14. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    I DID IT! On Vista32 use Laptopvideo's modded inf, right-click on setup.exe and CHOOSE RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR! I know that it already asks for priviledged rights, but this works!

15. TheOnlyOne93

TheOnlyOne93 Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Hey, thanks for the help. But alas no luck still my moniter is either reporting 85 or 75hz. Anyone got any ideas as to why I can't use 60hz with these drivers I even tried to make my own monitor inf with riva tuner and it still wouldn't work. Anyhelp would be much appreciated. :)

16. MadPerson

MadPerson Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 9600GT 512MB
    does anyone know when nvdia are releasing Official WHQL of these for 9600GT

17. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    the 15th of may.

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Use powerstrip to force the refresh rate, If this doesn't work then no one can help you I'm afraid. You can get it here

19. kane1600

kane1600 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260
    Any feedback yet on it fixing the heat/fan issues with 9800gtx or do i still need to use rivatuner?

20. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I've not been able to get these drivers to work. I used the modded inf but all it says at the end of installation is that no changes were made.